Mark Sanchez was a nice guy, Part XXVII

T0mShane

Mark Sanchez was a good guy who conducted himself with class.  When he had a really good supporting cast, he did well.  Just wasn't that talented.  Also, between Rex and Brian Schottenheimer, he didn't get very good coaching.  I wish him all the best.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Blah blah second best quarterback in team history blah blah no support blah blah Chaz Schillens and Clyde Gates blah blah Tony Sporano in Brian Schottenheimer out blah blah best Jet on the field in back-to-back AFC Championship Games blah blah they love Testaverde and hate on Sanchez blah blah better than Noodles but they let him fire the cannon blah blah show Mark the respect he deserves blah blah.

SAR I

AA50D77F-F9C7-481E-9B3D-58485CA9A6F9.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TMAC said:

Mark Sanchez was a good guy who conducted himself with class.  When he had a really good supporting cast, he did well.  Just wasn't that talented.  Also, between Rex and Brian Schottenheimer, he didn't get very good coaching.  I wish him all the best.

Same here.

Fun Fact:  If Rex Ryan's defense played like he advertised it would in back-to-back AFC Championship Games, Mark Sanchez' postseason production was more than enough to win the New York Jets a Super Bowl.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

OK he may be a good guy, but to say Rex ruined him is an altogether different topic and a stretch IMO.

Let's not discuss 2011 and forward.  Let's leave that aside for a moment.

If Rex Ryan's defense played like he advertised it would in back-to-back AFC Championship Games, Mark Sanchez would have won us a Super Bowl.

Mark's postseasons were terrific.  Mark elevated his game in the playoffs.  Rex's defense, especially in both AFC Championship Games, was mediocre.  They didn't elevate their game.  They eroded.

And that's the irony here.  Or tragedy, if you like.  This forum nonsense that "a better quarterback would have won because the Defense carried Sanchez" is actually not true in the postseasons of 2009 and 2010.  Mark played better than the Defense did.  Mark took his game up, the Defense took a vacation.  It's not about Rex ruining Mark for 2012 and beyond; it's about Rex's failed defense costing Mark Sanchez and the fans a ring.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when Mark Sanchez beat Tom Brady's #1 seeded Patriots at Gillette in the divisional round of the playoffs a week after beating Peyton Manning's defending Champion Colts in Indianapolis in the Wild Card?

Remember when Mark Sanchez was bottom 3 on the list of people responsible for those wins?

Jets fans:  "Sanchez won road 4 playoff games!"

Also Jets fans:  "Yeah, Darnold's record might be 13-25, but its a TEAM GAME"

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Let's not discuss 2011 and forward.  Let's leave that aside for a moment.

If Rex Ryan's defense played like he advertised it would in back-to-back AFC Championship Games, Mark Sanchez would have won us a Super Bowl.

Mark's postseasons were terrific.  Mark elevated his game in the playoffs.  Rex's defense, especially in both AFC Championship Games, was mediocre.  They didn't elevate their game.  They eroded.

And that's the irony here.  Or tragedy, if you like.  This forum nonsense that "a better quarterback would have won because the Defense carried Sanchez" is actually not true in the postseasons of 2009 and 2010.  Mark played better than the Defense did.  Mark took his game up, the Defense took a vacation.  It's not about Rex ruining Mark for 2012 and beyond; it's about Rex's failed defense costing Mark Sanchez and the fans a ring.

SAR I

Mark should have shown up for the first half of the 2010 AFCCG.  He didn’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1