Mark Sanchez was a nice guy, Part XXVII

3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Mark should have shown up for the first half of the 2010 AFCCG.  He didn’t. 

We didn't have the ball.  The first time Mark Sanchez touched the ball in the game, there were only 5 minutes left in the first quarter.  The Steelers went up and down the field on our defense, they ended the game with 10 minutes more in time of possession.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember when he ran into a guy's butt and then fumbled

It’s sad that Rex Ryan ruined his career.

Did he blame the butt? No

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Dear Sawyer,

Mustard, sauerkraut and red onions.

Love Mark

P.S. Find a good veteran to rub boogers on.

Getting-Away-From-The-Bad-Guys-With-a-Cl

26 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I wrote to every WR in the NFL in 2010 to please send me a pic. Santonio Holmes was the only one who responded. Full length pic, too. 

#niceguy 

Jealousy is a wasted emotion 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sanchez is greater than any Jets quarterback not-named Namath.

And we threw him away.  Because SOJF's made noise and ownership didn't want to believe that Ryan was a bad head coach.

SAR I

Ya because he went on to have a great career elsewhere. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

Ya because he went on to have a great career elsewhere. 

Throwing shoulder injury.  Was never the same after.  We wish we had Mark Sanchez 2010 right now.  We've been chasing a quarterback of that ability and that promise from 1972 to 2009 and from 2012 to present day.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

We didn't have the ball.  The first time Mark Sanchez touched the ball in the game, there were only 5 minutes left in the first quarter.  The Steelers went up and down the field on our defense, they ended the game with 10 minutes more in time of possession.

SAR I

He could've solved all that by taking advantage of the chances he had, instead he fumbled and gave up a TD.  Stop making excuses for Sanchez.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

He could've solved all that by taking advantage of the chances he had, instead he fumbled and gave up a TD.  Stop making excuses for Sanchez.

He was strip-sacked because D'Bust let Ike Taylor blitz uncontested.

Stop scapegoating Sanchez.  Those Jets were not built to win on offense, coming out of college no one ever said Mark Sanchez was the second coming of Dan Marino.  The guy was exactly what that team needed-  cheap, durable, steadily improving, and remarkably clutch in high-pressure situations.

Those Jets were built to win squarely on the shoulders of Rex Ryan's Defense and they blew it in consecutive AFC Championship Games.  If Rex's defense played like Bowles defense just did this month, we'd have won a Super Bowl, maybe two.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when Mark Sanchez beat Tom Brady's #1 seeded Patriots at Gillette in the divisional round of the playoffs a week after beating Peyton Manning's defending Champion Colts in Indianapolis in the Wild Card?

Good Times.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SAR I said:

mooresfault.jpg

Remember when Brandon Moore got de-cleated by Vince Wilfork and let Mark Sanchez take the blame instead of being a man and admitting he got pwned?

SAR I

this is not what happened at all. Moore pushed Wilfork back a couple yards and then......when Mark turned to run and caught a glimpse of Moore's gluteus muscles flexing during this manly display of strength that Moore was exhibiting, he instantly went half-mast, licked his lips, and ran full force for his booty. 

22 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

this is not what happened at all. Moore pushed Wilfork back a couple yards and then......when Mark turned to run and caught a glimpse of Moore's gluteus muscles flexing during this manly display of strength that Moore was exhibiting, he instantly went half-mast, licked his lips, and ran full force for his booty. 

Mark realized it was a busted play, he saw that Nick Mangold did his job and forced his assignment 3 yards off the line of scrimmage and he ran straight ahead to try to get back to the line or get a yard or two.  The right decision in those circumstances.  What Mark couldn't have seen is that Brandon Moore was having the worst play of his career, getting de-cleated, getting picked up like a rag doll, and thrown right into his quarterback by a future Hall of Famer.

There is no shame in Moore having a terrible play.  It happens.  The shame is that Moore knows he was to blame, Moore let Sanchez take the hit in the media, and Moore refuses to speak publicly about it since.  He's a coward.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark realized it was a busted play, he saw that Nick Mangold did his job and forced his assignment 3 yards off the line of scrimmage and he ran straight ahead to try to get back to the line or get a yard or two.  The right decision in those circumstances.  What Mark couldn't have seen is that Brandon Moore was having the worst play of his career, getting de-cleated, getting picked up like a rag doll, and thrown right into his quarterback by a future Hall of Famer.

There is no shame in Moore having a terrible play.  It happens.  The shame is that Moore knows he was to blame, Moore let Sanchez take the hit in the media, and Moore refuses to speak publicly about it since.  He's a coward.

SAR I

My analogy for the Buttfumble play was that it was like driving along on a three lane highway and, up ahead, one massive tractor trailer traveling in the fast lane veers into the dump truck in the center lane, and that dump truck rolls over on top of your Honda Pilot...and then everyone blamed the Honda Pilot guy for not anticipating the calamity. It was shameful how it was covered then, and it’s gross how it’s treated now. Really, the Buttfumble said more about Rex Ryan’s accountability-free circus leadership than it did about anything related to Sanchez, who was victimized at every turn by Rex’s excuse-making and inability to accept responsibility for tearing the organization to shreds.

• Post of the Week 2
17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My analogy for the Buttfumble play was that it was like driving along on a three lane highway and, up ahead, one massive tractor trailer traveling in the fast lane veers into the dump truck in the center lane, and that dump truck rolls over on top of your Honda Pilot...and then everyone blamed the Honda Pilot guy for not anticipating the calamity. It was shameful how it was covered then, and it’s gross how it’s treated now. Really, the Buttfumble said more about Rex Ryan’s accountability-free circus leadership than it did about anything related to Sanchez, who was victimized at every turn by Rex’s excuse-making and inability to accept responsibility for tearing the organization to shreds.

lol you guys are either delusional or never really watched the play. Moore only fell after sanchez tried cram his face up his ass. sanchez literally ran full steam into his ass without even an attempt at going through any hole except moores as*hole

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Best post of your career.  I'm getting it professionally printed, mounted, and framed.

SAR I

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

lol you guys are either delusional or never really watched the play. Moore only fell after sanchez tried cram his face up his ass. sanchez literally ran full steam into his ass without even an attempt at going through any hole except moores as*hole

Mark never contacts Moore's left leg which is already two feet off the ground and pointed at the sidelines before Mark even touches him.  Here's the original broadcast, start at 0:55 seconds.

"Oh my gosh, Vince Wilfork just threw Brandon Moore into Mark Sanchez.  I have never seen this before in my life.  Watch this, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback, this is what Reggie White used to do to people, forklift 'em, lift him off the ground.  I have seen Vince Wilfork do some things from a strength standpoint, but that one just jumped into the top five." 

-Chris Collinsworth.

Moore's ass was thrown into Sanchez' path by Wilfork, just a great play.  Listen to Chris Collinsworth, his reaction is exactly what happened, not this "blame Mark Sanchez for everything Rex Ryan ever did" scapegoat version.

SAR I

• Confused 1
14 hours ago, SAR I said:

He was strip-sacked because D'Bust let Ike Taylor blitz uncontested.

Stop scapegoating Sanchez.  Those Jets were not built to win on offense, coming out of college no one ever said Mark Sanchez was the second coming of Dan Marino.  The guy was exactly what that team needed-  cheap, durable, steadily improving, and remarkably clutch in high-pressure situations.

Those Jets were built to win squarely on the shoulders of Rex Ryan's Defense and they blew it in consecutive AFC Championship Games.  If Rex's defense played like Bowles defense just did this month, we'd have won a Super Bowl, maybe two.  

SAR I

You don’t have to agree with this but to deny the beauty of it is a travesty. You would make a great life coach. 

22 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when Mark Sanchez beat Tom Brady's #1 seeded Patriots at Gillette in the divisional round of the playoffs a week after beating Peyton Manning's defending Champion Colts in Indianapolis in the Wild Card?

I think D'Brickashaw Furguson, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore and Damien Woody had something to with that.  But Mark did pretty good.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Mark never contacts Moore's left leg which is already two feet off the ground and pointed at the sidelines before Mark even touches him.  Here's the original broadcast, start at 0:55 seconds.

"Oh my gosh, Vince Wilfork just threw Brandon Moore into Mark Sanchez.  I have never seen this before in my life.  Watch this, Vince Wilfork is gonna throw Brandon Moore back into his quarterback, this is what Reggie White used to do to people, forklift 'em, lift him off the ground.  I have seen Vince Wilfork do some things from a strength standpoint, but that one just jumped into the top five." 

-Chris Collinsworth.

Moore's ass was thrown into Sanchez' path by Wilfork, just a great play.  Listen to Chris Collinsworth, his reaction is exactly what happened, not this "blame Mark Sanchez for everything Rex Ryan ever did" scapegoat version.

SAR I

first, chris collinsworth is a ******* moron.  at no point does wilfork "forklift" moore. what wilfork does on that play is get blocked. second, moore drives wilfork 2 yds back....when his leg is up it's because he is driving his legs, like any lineman is taught to do when run bocking. sanchez literally runs directly into moore's ass because he's an idiot. sanchez is the reason that team didn't get to a superbowl. he was sh*te. the buttfumble is his legacy and an appropriate description of his career in general.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You don’t have to agree with this but to deny the beauty of it is a travesty. You would make a great life coach. 

Unlike these others, you're a rational, heterosexual male homeowner so let me ask you this:

Did you expect 22 year old Mark Sanchez to immediately be a Super Bowl caliber quarterback when he was drafted, ready to get us to the big dance in his first or second season?

The argument starts and ends there.  Of course you didn't.  No one did.  Mark Sanchez was drafted because he was cheap and the best we could do after losing Brett Favre.  The Jets shocked the league and arrived at the precipice of the Super Bowl years ahead of schedule.  And the reason we didn't win one wasn't because of the kid quarterback who outplayed Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but because of the veteran Rex Ryan defense who couldn't stop a cold in consecutive championship games.

We were not built to be Air Coryell.  We were built to be the '85 Bears.  Mark couldn't have played any better.  He exceeded all rational expectations in '09 and '10.  But the defense?  They sh-t the bed in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

first, chris collinsworth is a ******* moron.  at no point does wilfork "forklift" moore. what wilfork does on that play is get blocked. second, moore drives wilfork 2 yds back....when his leg is up it's because he is driving his legs, like any lineman is taught to do when run bocking. sanchez literally runs directly into moore's ass because he's an idiot. sanchez is the reason that team didn't get to a superbowl. he was sh*te. the buttfumble is his legacy and an appropriate description of his career in general.

Idiotic.  In the pole position for Worst Post Of The Year 2021 as of today.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Unlike these others, you're a rational, heterosexual male homeowner so let me ask you this:

Did you expect 22 year old Mark Sanchez to immediately be a Super Bowl caliber quarterback when he was drafted, ready to get us to the big dance in his first or second season?

The argument starts and ends there.  Of course you didn't.  No one did.  Mark Sanchez was drafted because he was cheap and the best we could do after losing Brett Favre.  The Jets shocked the league and arrived at the precipice of the Super Bowl years ahead of schedule.  And the reason we didn't win one wasn't because of the kid quarterback who outplayed Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but because of the veteran Rex Ryan defense who couldn't stop a cold in consecutive championship games.

We were not built to be Air Coryell.  We were built to be the '85 Bears.  Mark couldn't have played any better.  He exceeded all rational expectations in '09 and '10.  But the defense?  They sh-t the bed in Indianapolis and Pittsburgh.  

SAR I

I wasn’t sure but I did get a stiffy when I saw his Shirtless GQ photo shoot. Hope that helps. 

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Idiotic.  In the pole position for Worst Post Of The Year 2021 as of today.

SAR I

sorry but what is idiotic is looking at that play and not seeing that moore and wilfork were basically at a stalemate (after moore drove him 2 yds back) until sanchez ran full speed into moore.....and then using anything that retard collinsworth says as proof of it. collinsworth is a hack at best who was known to virtually suck the patriots off every chance he got (especially brady)....like during the superbowl when he tried to convince everyone that the ertz td shouldn't stand. dude is a sh*t commentator who sucks at game analysis

On 2/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, T0mShane said:

@TeddEY: I will pay whatever it takes for you to run a forum-wide therapy session if you can guarantee that all these middle aged men will stop talking about Mark Sanchez like he’s their son

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

@TeddEY: I will pay whatever it takes for you to run a forum-wide therapy session if you can guarantee that all these middle aged men will stop talking about Mark Sanchez like he’s their son

Like their son?  You must have confused Mark Sanchez with Chad Pennington, the Rusty Staub of Jets fans everywhere.

For Mark Sanchez, all we want is him shown more respect than Vinny Testaverde, Ken O'Brien, Richard Todd, and Noodles.  He deserves it.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Excuse me but I consider Mark Sanchez to be a spiritual contemporary