Tony Pauline:Fields falling down draft boards. No NFL team has Wilson higher than Lawrence.

GreekJet

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

Last year, Herbert's stock fell as the draft got closer. Meanwhile. Trubisky shot up the boards in 2017.

The one year wonder types always receive the most pre-draft hype, meanwhile the guys who have been on the radar for years get nitpicked ad nauseum. It happens every year.

This is comical.

Nobody and I mean nobody has been attacked more than Wilson.  What's happening to Wilson is not even close to what's happening to fields.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Is Fields falling down draft boards or are teams finally sharing information that conflicts with what draft prognosticators initially thought based on their own merits, so now they say he's "falling"?

I still think Fields is the 2nd best QB in this draft but I don't know s*** really.

Then you're in good company here.

The sense I get about Fields is that he might not even be one of the Top 3 passers in this Draft.  And if you're looking for a running QB like Lamar Jackson, Fields isn't it.  He played some great games and played against elite competition at times, but some rough games against Indiana I think, and Northwestern raised some concerns.

I don't know much either.  The one thing I don't buy though is that simply by going to Ohio State means he'd be like other subpar OSU QBs when they got to the NFL.  I don't believe much of that stuff.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Experts and coaches were gushing all  over Darnold.  I trust my own eyes and like Fields and think he is coachable, talented and a leader.   

Actually it was the talking heads that were gushing all over Darnold.

When it came down to actual NFL guys two QB needy teams passed on him.  Then a dope took him

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

But the guy is an _________________, never was a team captain, and reminds everyone of Bo Callahan from Draft Day.

;)

If you continue to trash the kid it’s going to deflate his value and we’ll never get CAR to trade up for him. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Don't run away from Fields!!

Watch the second play on the clip below he goes through 3 options before he hits the check down!

Those first two look-aways were designed in the play  ?

Fields looks good.   Take him.  Wilson looks so un-athletic.  I'm afraid he'll go down in the pocket if linemen breathe on him like Rosen.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

Last year, Herbert's stock fell as the draft got closer. Meanwhile. Trubisky shot up the boards in 2017.

The one year wonder types always receive the most pre-draft hype, meanwhile the guys who have been on the radar for years get nitpicked ad nauseum. It happens every year.

Great point!

3 hours ago, GodDamnSnack said:

I'm surprised by that. I really think Fields has what it takes. Wilson is also a great prospect, but I would take Fields at #2.

Teams are terrified that Fields was a beneficiary of a very good o-line that allowed him all day to hold the ball and throw it.

On the Jets he'd get half the amount of time before the pass rush got there.  Wouldn't work IMO.

I'd take Wilson over Fields, and I'd use the #2 overall pick on Wilson.

• Sympathy 1

You have to wonder whether it made sense to commit to a WCO when you have all of these athletic QBs entering the NFL.

I think when you compare the college tapes of guys like Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson and Herbert, and then look at Fields and Lance, you have to suspect that Fields and Lance could end up as a good NFL QB.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This is comical.

Nobody and I mean nobody has been attacked more than Wilson.  What's happening to Wilson is not even close to what's happening to fields.

Wilson is largely being considered the #2 QB prospect at this point in the process. I'm talking about player evaluations and draft stock, not some ridiculous story about Wilson not being a team captain. Fields is being completely picked apart as a prospect while folks are making Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers comparisons with Wilson. It's pretty clear which one has more momentum currently in terms of popular opinion.

• Sympathy 2

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Yeah, I know. Carolina isn’t really going to make or change a franchise altering decision based on a JetNation poster.

Dammit, and here I've been operating under the assumption that Rhule, Robby & Co were hanging on my every word!

Weird it looks like that post was deleted anyway... so someone didn't get the sarcasm?

Anyways, this is notoriously the time of year where it's best to ignore nearly every rumor... right?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

Actually it was the talking heads that were gushing all over Darnold.

When it came down to actual NFL guys two QB needy teams passed on him.  Then a dope took him

Um....Yeah, and 50000 Jets fans blew a load because we blew the "Suck for Sam" and then still got him.

Hindsight is a WONDERFUL anecdote for looking brilliant....after the fact. 

Its always fun this time of year:

Quarterback 'A' is THE quarterback.

No, Quarterback 'B' is THE quarterback.

NO...you are both wrong. The REAL QB is Quarterback 'H'....he is the REAL sleeper.

2 years later.

I told you Quarterback 'A' WASN'T the guy.

I told you Quarterback 'B' WASN'T the guy.

I told you Quarterback 'C' was the REAL sleeper.