Tony Pauline:Fields falling down draft boards. No NFL team has Wilson higher than Lawrence.

GreekJet

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Here’s the ironic part of it, while the Wilson sycophants preach how Fields is just a “system QB” playing with elite talent, the true product of their system is actually Wilson.  That, combined with a schedule against high school teams could explain why we saw a huge production jump for Wilson from 2019 to 2020.   

The other factor here is and I know it's a crazy thought but maybe it's Fields elite athleticism and playmaking ability that makes the system work so well?  Because for those of us having a real conversation about this topic, we've displayed how the offense drastically changed from Haskins to Fields and in it's transformation the offense got better and was the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NCAA while I would argue Fields having significantly less to "elite" playmakers to throw to;  Terry Mclaurin, Paris Campbell, and Johnie Dixon all left for the NFL.  Fields had 1 year of KJ Hill and this year, Chris Olave....but again, offense was better. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s definitely my main issue with Wilson, that he’s never faced a big-time pass rush. I’ve seen it too many times where these QBs put up a billion yards in college, then they get to the NFL and, like, the Ravens defense turns them into a tenderized veal patty and they never get it together after that. It’s also why I give the nod to Fields, because even though I don’t see him as an amazing prospect, at least he’s been battle tested, beat to sh*t, and persevered.

Remember when Ed Reed introduced himself to Sanchez? It still hurts to think about that one.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Here’s the ironic part of it, while the Wilson sycophants preach how Fields is just a “system QB” playing with elite talent, the true product of their system is actually Wilson.  That, combined with a schedule against high school teams could explain why we saw a huge production jump for Wilson from 2019 to 2020.   

Fair point, but then how can anyone even consider Trey Lance as a first rounder? He was playing Pop Warner teams.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Fair point, but then how can anyone even consider Trey Lance as a first rounder? He was playing Pop Warner teams.

It’s not the end all be all in QB evaluations, it’s something to consider when we see a dramatic leap in production from one year to the next.  Lance is a whole separate and much more murky eval, minuscule body of work against FCS competition, he’s not even a consideration for me in the first round.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s not the end all be all in QB evaluations, it’s something to consider when we see a dramatic leap in production from one year to the next.  Lance is a whole separate and much more murky eval, minuscule body of work against FCS competition, he’s not even a consideration for me in the first round.  

This is a very tough QB class to figure out. Take TL out of the equation, and it gets very dicey.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, section314 said:

This is a very tough QB class to figure out. Take TL out of the equation, and it gets very dicey.

Why take him out? I don't see where the huge separation is to be quite honest. I still maintain that Wilson will be the best QB from this class by a wide margin.

• Upvote 2

On 2/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, T0mShane said:

That’s definitely my main issue with Wilson, that he’s never faced a big-time pass rush. I’ve seen it too many times where these QBs put up a billion yards in college, then they get to the NFL and, like, the Ravens defense turns them into a tenderized veal patty and they never get it together after that. It’s also why I give the nod to Fields, because even though I don’t see him as an amazing prospect, at least he’s been battle tested, beat to sh*t, and persevered.

Or that red headed kid that saw ghost against the Pats.

• Sympathy 1

On 2/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, JiF said:

The other factor here is and I know it's a crazy thought but maybe it's Fields elite athleticism and playmaking ability that makes the system work so well?  Because for those of us having a real conversation about this topic, we've displayed how the offense drastically changed from Haskins to Fields and in it's transformation the offense got better and was the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NCAA while I would argue Fields having significantly less to "elite" playmakers to throw to;  Terry Mclaurin, Paris Campbell, and Johnie Dixon all left for the NFL.  Fields had 1 year of KJ Hill and this year, Chris Olave....but again, offense was better. 

Simple, in perfect world I would draft Fields; Period!

Fields has played against better competition than Wilson and it is not even close. Indeed Fields' number match up well against Lawrence's numbers.  People nit pick Fields to death! 

They point out that Fields had a few subpar games but are putting up Wilson who was TERRIBLE until this abbreviated unusual COVID season!

I do however think like Mahomes, Fields would benefit from a year watching and learning in the NFL and I am not sure impatient Jets fans are willing to do that..

So I say trade down and draft Trey Lance who is 20 years old has the highest upside and let him sit and learn...

On 2/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, T0mShane said:

4 Win Watson’s QB rating while being completely outgunned: 112.4

Who prior to this season when his Head Coach was fired in week 4, went 27-13 and won the division twice.

So strange how these Watson haters only look at this one season where sh*t was so bad, even J.J. Watt was publicly trying to GTFO. 

On 2/27/2021 at 1:04 PM, JiF said:

Who prior to this season when his Head Coach was fired in week 4, went 27-13 and won the division twice.

So strange how these Watson haters only look at this one season where sh*t was so bad, even J.J. Watt was publicly trying to GTFO. 

He had the best WR in football during that time and played in a crap division.  Brian Hoyer made the playoffs in that same situation 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

He had the best WR in football during that time and played in a crap division.  Brian Hoyer made the playoffs in that same situation 

Right and then they traded that player, Watson has his best statistical season and the suddenly, Hopkins doesnt make the playoffs for the first time in 3 years.  

So was it Watson or Hopkins the reason they sucked?  Oh that's right, it was neither.  They're both top 3 at their position.  It was a dumpster fire of an organization who had the worst defense in Football and fired their HC week 4 that got them in this situation.  

Brian Hoyer made the playoffs in 2015 when he was 5-4.  How on earth is that relevant?  My god man.  The more relevant information is last season, before the dumpster fire, when the Titans went to the AFC Championship game from that crap division.  Oh, and guess what, the Titans are still in that division and so are the Colts, who you know, also made the playoffs.  The AFC South is in fact, the only division to send 2 teams to the playoffs, 4 years in a row. Watson won the division twice during that time.   2 of the 4, they played for a chance at the Super Bowl.

You suck at this.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, JiF said:

Right and then they traded that player, Watson has his best statistical season and the suddenly, Hopkins doesnt make the playoffs for the first time in 3 years.  

So was it Watson or Hopkins the reason they sucked?  Oh that's right, it was neither.  They're both top 3 at their position.  It was a dumpster fire of an organization who had the worst defense in Football and fired their HC week 4 that got them in this situation.  

Brian Hoyer made the playoffs in 2015 when he was 5-4.  How on earth is that relevant?  My god man.  The more relevant information is last season, before the dumpster fire, when the Titans went to the AFC Championship game from that crap division.  Oh, and guess what, the Titans are still in that division and so are the Colts, who you know, also made the playoffs.  The AFC South is in fact, the only division to send 2 teams to the playoffs, 4 years in a row. Watson won the division twice during that time.   2 of the 4, they played for a chance at the Super Bowl.

You suck at this.

You guys get so emotional when it gets pointed out that Watson has had a sick supporting cast almost the entire time he was in Houston 

This obsession with Fields and his ability to get past his first read is getting ridiculous. Even Pauline said in his podcast he doesn't fully believe it's a significant problem. It seems to be a narrative that's taken on a life of its own.
I disagree. With the young QB's I've watched that seems to be number 1 issue why they fail? Can't go through progressions, can't sell 2nd and 3rd progressions. It's a larger problem IMO than what you're giving it credit for being....

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 2/22/2021 at 9:14 PM, FidelioJet said:

This is a very silly point.

Obviously Zach's team were completely outgunned talent wise in games like that.

Thanks for explaining that, thankfully Sam had a great receiving core of Hogan, berrios, cager and smith this year so we could truly evaluate his talents.