Todd McShay releases his big board

GreekJet

26 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

For those of you who don’t pay extra for this brilliant analysis.

QBs

1.1 Lawrence

2.5 Wilson 

3.12 Lance

4.13 Fields 

His Top 5 players 

Lawrence, Chase, Sewell, Parsons, Wilson 

Thanks, are those numbers the Positional and Overall Rankings?

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

or

ca0d4b73b10a6c776be0a86a738a04b2.jpg

Trade down to the 4-6 range if possible.  Sewell or Chase should be available.  Or Smith worst case.  

I actually am starting to feel Chase might be the better pick than Sewell for this team, if we can get him a little lower down and grab some more picks.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Trade down to the 4-6 range if possible.  Sewell or Chase should be available.  Or Smith worst case.  

I actually am starting to feel Chase might be the better pick than Sewell for this team, if we can get him a little lower down and grab some more picks.  

I feel like Sewell and Chase are the two most premium prospects in this draft not named Trevor Lawrence. I think they're can't miss superstars.

A trade down with the Falcons would be ideal, ensuring we'd get one of these dudes, but we'll see how things play out. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

You can't get everything in one year. I know you're a Wilson guy. I respect that.

I'm not, though. 

And that being the case, I think Sewell and Chase are safe, excellent prospects that can have a huge impact on this offense.  

If and only if, we keep Sam, I would be happy trading back and grabbing a #1 receiver first. No way you draft a tackle when you did last year and need a guard and center way more. It's just like picking Leonard Williams when we had that position already. Not smart at all, contrary to popular belief, to use your resources that way when we have much more pressing needs. If you keep Sam, no free agent WR1s will want to come here so you'll need to draft one. Why would they want to stake their careers on a QB they hope gets better? Then grab a guard and center with the extra picks you get and try and sign Thuney. Edge rusher and corner depends on who we sign in FA. I think it will be easier to sign those defensive positions due to Saleh being the coach. I just don't get why the same people that complain about having so many holes on this roster and don't want to give away picks for Watson, want to grab a player at one of the few positions were are solid at. We need interior linemen and weapons on offense. Just my opinion, but you don't use a valuable #1 pick on a right tackle.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If we don't go the QB at #2 route, I could see a first-three-picks scenario like:

#2 Sewell (OT)

#23 Kadarius Toney (or similar WR)

#34 Mac Jones (QB)

I honestly think our QB will be either Darnold or Wilson. Wilson supposedly fits LaFluer’s offense beautifully.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Have you guys done the mock draft simulators? Unless you really like chalky white twinks, it’s pretty depressing, especially at 23 and 34. The move is to trade those picks for Watson or Wilson.

I presume the Jets are going to fill a lot of needs in FA and those picks are going to be used on pseudo immediate impact guys, but yeah the 23-34 range is largely gross. It is also kind of funny because the Jets don’t have a lot of organizational needs that are major premiums in their offensive/defensive systems - and I do like the way those needs are prioritized in the systems. The 23/34 range is largely composed of high risk pass rushers, offensive linemen with clear weaknesses, WR’s who are either gadget-y or raw, and a lot of positions I don’t expect them to prioritize.

That’s compounded because you could basically throw a dart in the top ten and land a good player who fills a need at an important position.

I think a trade down from 34 is extremely likely between a) guys in that range b) Douglas’ propensity to trade down c) odds being they won’t have someone crazy high on their board left if they’ve taken someone at or around 23 and d) teams annually being all hot and bothered to move up to the top of the second round after having 18 hours to review the guys who haven’t been picked but easily could’ve been.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Sewell and Becton change this team, period.  We never sniffed the playoffs until we had that beast oline in front of sanchez.  Then it was 2 AFCCG.  Darnold is better than sanchez.

Ooooh...you're gonna take some heat over that one.  I don't disagree, but this goes against the anti-Sam agenda and must be punished. :)

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Sewell and Becton change this team, period.  We never sniffed the playoffs until we had that beast oline in front of sanchez.  Then it was 2 AFCCG.  Darnold is better than sanchez.

The issue is interior oline is important and we stink there.    I'd rather get a high end center and guard early in this draft than another tackle.

• Upvote 4

There is great value for a top rated O lineman like Sewell. Look at the return the. Fins got for Tunsil when they traded him to the Texans. Two 1st round picks, a second rounder, players for Tunsil lower picks and Kenny Stills. So if we keep the 2nd overall there is logic in selecting Sewell. But IMO if a great offer trade down .

50 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

If and only if, we keep Sam, I would be happy trading back and grabbing a #1 receiver first. No way you draft a tackle when you did last year and need a guard and center way more. It's just like picking Leonard Williams when we had that position already. Not smart at all, contrary to popular belief, to use your resources that way when we have much more pressing needs. If you keep Sam, no free agent WR1s will want to come here so you'll need to draft one. Why would they want to stake their careers on a QB they hope gets better? Then grab a guard and center with the extra picks you get and try and sign Thuney. Edge rusher and corner depends on who we sign in FA. I think it will be easier to sign those defensive positions due to Saleh being the coach. I just don't get why the same people that complain about having so many holes on this roster and don't want to give away picks for Watson, want to grab a player at one of the few positions were are solid at. We need interior linemen and weapons on offense. Just my opinion, but you don't use a valuable #1 pick on a right tackle.

Imagine a stud WR on the Jets? Who was the last we drafted ?  Keyshawn?

• Upvote 1