WFAN’s Craig Carton in talks with MLB Network about hosting morning TV show, report says ~ ~ ~

kelly

The Craig Carton comeback tour could be ready to go national.

The New York Post’s Andrew Marchand reports the WFAN host is talking with MLB Network about hosting a daily, one-hour morning TV show. According to the report, Carton would continue to host his afternoon drive-time radio show with Evan Roberts.If Carton ends up on MLB Network in the morning, SiriusXM would have the right to simulcast the program on its baseball channel. ... If the Carton show happens, it may begin at 7 or 8 a.m., preceding “MLB Central” with Lauren Shehadi, Robert Flores and Mark DeRosa, which starts at 10 a.m.

Carton, 52, was arrested in Sept. 2017 for his role in a Ponzi-like ticket-brokering scheme. He was convicted in November 2018 and sentenced that following April, ultimately serving a little more than a year in prison.Carton returned to WFAN in October, teaming up with Roberts as part of the station’s plan to compete against ESPN’s Michael Kay during the afternoon drive in the post-Mike Francesa era.In January, Carton added a new weekend show on WFAN which focuses on gambling addiction and responsible gaming. “Hello, My Name is Craig” airs Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. ET. It features former governor and Carton buddy Chris Christie as a “regular contributor.”

MLB Network declined to comment about Carton when contacted by the New York Post.

(NJ Advance Media’s James Kratch and Brian Fonseca contributed to this report.)

>      WFAN’s Craig Carton in talks with MLB Network about hosting morning TV show, report says - nj.com

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am a big sports talk radio guy, but national programs rather than local.

I really find it interesting the connection of New York residents and their sports talk radio guys.

I'm the opposite I can't stand national radio shows local is far more in depth or at least they used to be.....I mean how many hours of "is Brady the Goat" or "Is Lebron better then Jordan" hot takes can you listen to?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I don't even listen to WFAN much anymore, a little bit of Boomer and Gio in the morning and that's it. The station has gone to sh*t.

Good luck to Carton if he gets this show, but I won't be watching it.

But what about moose and maggie?