Trade idea: Tristan Wirfs for the 2nd overall pick

GreekJet

So many fine folks on this board want to draft Sewell. Why not just reach out to Tampa and offer that pick for Wirfs who has already proven to be a young stud right tackle in the NFL. Seems like it would work better than  Sewell as Wirfs wouldn’t complain  about being on the right side. 

Seems like a good trade. The Bucs can draft the QB of their choice to prepare for life after Brady and the Jets can build a fortress around Darnold and Morgan. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

So many fine folks on this board want to draft Sewell. Why not just reach out to Tampa and offer that pick for Wirfs who has already proven to be a young stud right tackle in the NFL. Seems like it would work better than  Sewell as Wirfs wouldn’t complain  about being on the right side. 

Seems like a good trade. The Bucs can draft the QB of their choice to prepare for life after Brady and the Jets can build a fortress around Darnold and Morgan. 

Is this serious or? 

No thanks. Give me a QB. I love Wirfs, I love Sewell. But Darnold is done with the Jets and its time to get a young FQB to build around. Pick up a OG or a tackle who can move inside in the second or third round. I honestly don't know why Jet fans are so down on Fant. He was solid last season on the right side. The issue is inside at the Guard position. Jets should be going all out after Thuney and looking to draft a guy like Deonte Brown once they've picked up a QB, Edge, and WR. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Know what’s crazy? It’s not markedly dumber than drafting Sewell at #2.

For as much as Sewell is supposed to have more upside than Wirfs, the other side of that coin is Wirfs is proven at the NFL level, and didn’t just sit out the 2020 season after missing more than half his 2018 season.

Also this is totally stupid. Revocation of thread-starting privileges underway lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Meth or crack?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

I get that you are trolling but you are going to get banned for this. Knock it off.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1