Tierney: Jets leaning towards moving on from Sam

Rhg1084

41 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

With a playbook and coach over 2000 years old that would be quite an accomplishment 

Tailgating and Concessions would take a hit. Entire stadium full of fans can be fed with 7 loaves and seven fishes. After touchdown instead of pointing to sky just point to sidelines 

27 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Unless JD can fleece Houston, Watson is not coming here. JD is NOT going to mortgage his draft picks on Watson. It's not his style.  I dont see him offering more than two 1st's for Watson. And we will never know whats offered unless a trade goes through, but I'd be shocked if he gives in to crazy demands.  

You are so right!

Please listen to JD at 19:25 mark and you will see that there is NO WAY we are giving up the farm for Watson! 

But also listening to this I thought that Darnold when all is said and done gone because of the youth of the team.  Worth a listen to again even if you heard it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

You are so right!

Please listen to JD at 19:25 mark and you will see that there is NO WAY we are giving up the farm for Watson! 

But also listening to this I thought that Darnold when all is said and done gone because of the youth of the team.  Worth a listen to again even if you heard it.

Great listen. hadn't heard it. Thanks!  Very informative and quite telling of how he projects to build the team - Strong OL Strong DL. And his words regarding Darnold were not exactly supportive.  And the available cash aspect also points to paying existing talent they'd be able to develop and keep versus spending it on a star stud FA.  

• Upvote 1

Up until this point the likes of Breer and Schefter have been speculating that its more likely the Jets move on from Darnold solely because they haven't completely rebuffed teams inquiring. This is a nebulous theory. If you would have told me  the Jets were telling other teams they haven't yet decided and pushed off negotiations I would have speculated the Jets were more likely to keep him. Now at least there is some concrete evidence that their speculation is true. Tierney is in the keep Sam camp so this coming from him makes me think its accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I agree. I’ve got a history of being a bit of a petulant ape child, so I say this knowing I’m not one to criticize... one thing that always bothered me was the double standard. Calling someone an idiot was worse than calling someone gay.

I give Maxman credit though, I.think all the mods are much more stuns to it now, and it’s gotten way better.

Why don't you two get a room and some lube. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

You are so right!

You cannot read anything into what these guys say publicly (unless it’s Brian Cashman). 

As far as Darnold goes the clock is ticking. If you are going to trade it him with would behoove you to do it soon. 

12 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

He says that winning in the National Football League requires having a strong offensive and defensive line and a great QB, then goes on for the next minute talking about how the quarterback is the difference maker. Seems like that’d translate to a pretty pro-Watson-trade sentiment to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The Jets are moving on from Sam.  

Of course they are.  Douglas has to play this to the end to maximize darnold’s trade value.  Wilson at 2 plus all his picks is what he’s eyeing.  And i would not be surprised if he trades back a few spots from 23 to get even more picks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don't think it is a question of if the Jets should move on, but when. I think Sam is likely done, but if JD can fleece some team of a ton of draft capital for the #2 pick - he should. Build the team and either let Sam play or make him compete with some cap casualty QB for the job for a year. Build a great team and then use the draft capital to pick a rookie - that rookie would come into a team after the benefit of this year's and next year's draft. JD was hired to play the long game - another sucky season would hurt, but might give us a chance to be truly competitive much sooner and for a long time, IMO.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:11 PM, Lizard King said:

Sandler is a magician. His getting Francessa to having actually played himself getting a bet wrong, is incredible and was a master stroke on Fat Mike’s quest to stoke his untamable ego 

That part was really off, and not only because of Francesa's huge ego. Became friendly with a client who was for a time a very big bookmaker in Brooklyn. While he liked to gamble(spent many weekends outside of football season in AC), he wasn't remotely a sports fan. All he or any bookie cared about was having well-balanced action on either side of a prop. And that sometimes went sideways for reasons that aren't logical. It's  more like psychology than logic and facts.2003 World Series; Yankees had beaten the Sawx in a great ALCS, Marlins barely got past the "Bartman" Cubs. Yanks were heavy favorites attracted no action, but Marlins with a superior pitching staff did attract lots of action at long odds. So my pal took almost career-ending bath. Only time my pal almost faced any possible arrest, as it happens,  was when he put garbage pails in his shoveled  out parking spot and a TV reporter on a tip tried to park there . They caught him coming out of his house with a shovel in hand looking to do battle until he saw a TV camera, where he then went from lunatic lookinhg to whack someone to cuddly grandpa. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, pointman said:

Sam could play for the New Testament Angels with Jesus calling the plays and he would be a 2,000 yard dud. Don't get your hopes up. 

Jesus would have never taken a strong safety with a top 10 pick when he needed a QB.  

• Haha 1

Of course they're moving on from Sam.  They were always going to move on from Sam.  It's the only logical move for them.  Keeping him just carries too much unnecessary risk.
I agree with this . I was just wondering if letting Sam and Wilson battle it out in camp made sense.

I am in the camp of .. yes we have to cut ties ... but there is a huge suspicion that he may still turn into a Superstar.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course they're moving on from Sam.  They were always going to move on from Sam.  It's the only logical move for them.  Keeping him just carries too much unnecessary risk.

this is wrong. the only factor here is the evaluation this FO has of Wilson or Fields. Nothing carries more risk than hitching their horse to a rookie they are not completely in love with just because he is cheap. they will all lose their jobs in 3 years if that falls through.