Tierney: Jets leaning towards moving on from Sam

18 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this is wrong. the only factor here is the evaluation this FO has of Wilson or Fields. Nothing carries more risk than hitching their horse to a rookie they are not completely in love with just because he is cheap. they will all lose their jobs in 3 years if that falls through.

Nah.  With Sam he's has this year - thing will get very ugly very fast if Sam doesn't produce.

With a rookie he has a three year window to see real production.  

When all is said and done they are going to make the move for job preservation over anything else.  It's human nature.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sources: Sam Darnold may or may not be traded. 

I'm going to go sign up for the grueling 5 minute introductory process of becoming a bleacher report writer.  I can do this as good as our writers with no real insight into anything. If twitter would

Shhh....  That's the plan.  Install Morgan as starting QB, trade #2 pick for 3 second rounders and 2 third rounders to address secondary, line and other needs, and win four SBs in the next ten years.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.  With Sam he's has this year - thing will get very ugly very fast if Sam doesn't produce.

With a rookie he has a three year window to see real production.  

When all is said and done they are going to make the move for job preservation over anything else.  It's human nature.

good football people dont do the thing that buys them time from being fired, they do the thing that can get them to wins...whatever that is.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

good football people dont do the thing that buys them time from being fired, they do the thing that can get them to wins...whatever that is.

The bottom line is, it's the safer move. 

You can make an argument either way, keeping Sam or not = but they were always going to come the conclusion to move on from Sam.  Because ultimately it's the safest move they can make.

You can make an argument either way, keeping Sam or not = but they were always going to come the conclusion to move on from Sam.  Because ultimately it's the safest move they can make.
I still think there is an unlikely scenario where we have Wilson/Lance in camp WITH Darnold. ... just have a feeling ... like not getting over diarrhea.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

drafting a rookie out of college is hardly a safe move by any measure.

• Upvote 2
On 2/20/2021 at 4:32 PM, oatmeal said:

Aka we want to trade Sam and hope to get back more than a pack of skittles. But if they are truly split plz Woody fire that Sam supporting half, we don’t need them pushing us to a colts/bears type team 😬

We should only trade Sam if the team is set on going in the direction of a new QB. That most likely means drafting him. I have no doubt the Watson trade thing is all but dead at this point. If Wilson or Fields is the guy that JD wants to hitch his wagon to, then yes, tell the Sam supporters  suck it up, we are going with a new guy, but if JD is not convinced  that either of those two will be great QB's, then we need to stay with Sam. I am sick of watching this team screw up high draft picks. We can get a great player at two or trade it for multiple picks, possibly two firsts. I much rather go with Sam then take a guy we are not 100% confident in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Ummm...

image.jpeg.62a8a7fed98091f76460999cdd5fd224.jpeg

^^^^

Am I missing something?

Please someone find the stat of Justin or Zach leading the FBS in turnovers? Sam also has the weaker arm out of the 3, worst accuracy and not as fast of a runner.

I really don’t get the logic 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

When your entire schedule is facing East Tampon State and the Coast Guard Academy you had better not turn the ball over

4 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Ummm...

image.jpeg.62a8a7fed98091f76460999cdd5fd224.jpeg

^^^^

Am I missing something?

Please someone find the stat of Justin or Zach leading the FBS in turnovers? Sam also has the weaker arm out of the 3, worst accuracy and not as fast of a runner.

I really don’t get the logic 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣

Geno Smith had 42 TD's, 6 picks, and completed 71% of his passes in college. That is what you are missing.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Really? Darnold throws an accurate deep ball? In what fantasy land is that true? Darnold played a full college season where he had only four turn-over worthy passes in 353 dropbacks? Darnold throws four turnover worthy passes per game. Dan Orlovsky, you are increasingly looking like you are full of sh*t.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Really? Darnold throws an accurate deep ball? In what fantasy land is that true? Darnold played a full college season where he had only four turn-over worthy passes in 353 dropbacks? Darnold throws four turnover worthy passes per game. Dan Orlovsky, you are increasingly looking like you are full of sh*t.

Only thing you can blame Dan for (Simms does the same) is he is sympathetic to QB’s in sh*t situations...otherwise....I’ll take his word over yours lol