Forum Upgrade – Back Online

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We have been putting off an upgrade because I don't like making changes during the football season. But before free agency gets here, it is time to upgrade. Everything will look the same, some new features and a bunch of security & bug fixes.

I paid a programmer to design the new theme and it looks identical to the current one. So I think (hope) everything will run smoothly.

I am going to do it this weekend, either later tonight or late tomorrow night.  Have to see which night I feel like staying up late.  :)

Should be half an hour to an hour of downtime. Then the site will be back up, but I have to reinstall plugins and update things.  Just wanted to give everyone a little bit of a heads up.

Thanks.

There’ll be more sperm, like you promised, right?

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Does this mean adds everywhere?

Does that mean yes? lol

Every once any awhile I get pop up that follows while you scroll a page an they purposely made the X so small that you can't it hit with your finger so, at a minimum, they get a couple site visits because you end up hitting the ad when you're trying to get the X ?     There is a special place in hell for the person that designed that kind of ad. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Between the email thread Monday about scout and now this thread,  one has to wonder 

image.png.6c2df7992007bdc4389fc698189ecac8.png

Not sure I am following?  The thread Monday I think was about the guy trying to get us to sell bogus content. Basically he wanted to run articles that are garbage with links and he would pay us. I didn't respond to him but I assume he also wanted us to do email marketing which a ton of people have approached us about.  We turn down a lot of "monetization" options because it would ruin the user experience i.e. the time Scout was going to offer a 6 figure deal for the site and I wouldn't even sign the NDA.  :)

• Sympathy 2

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

We have been putting off an upgrade because I don't like making changes during the football season. But before free agency gets here, it is time to upgrade. Everything will look the same, some new features and a bunch of security & bug fixes.

I paid a programmer to design the new theme and it looks identical to the current one. So I think (hope) everything will run smoothly.

I am going to do it this weekend, either later tonight or late tomorrow night.  Have to see which night I feel like staying up late.  :)

Should be half an hour to an hour of downtime. Then the site will be back up, but I have to reinstall plugins and update things.  Just wanted to give everyone a little bit of a heads up.

Thanks.

Damn.  My first thought was you were getting better posters!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Should be half an hour to an hour of downtime.

As you are keenly aware....none of us social defects know how to function in regular society.

This time frame is going to be torturous for all the “normies” out there that will know have to interact with us.

In a way...this is a crime against humanity. Enjoy the blood on your hands.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

As you are keenly aware....none of us social defects know how to function in regular society.

This time frame is going to be torturous for all the “normies” out there that will know have to interact with us.

In a way...this is a crime against humanity. Enjoy the blood on your hands.

<me, leaning out the window, yelling down at strangers passing in the street>

Me: “EL OH EL you only like Zack Wilson because you’re a closet pedophile hahahaaaaaa”

Person: “What the ****?”

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

<me, leaning out the window, yelling down at strangers passing in the street>

Me: “EL OH EL you only like Zack Wilson because you’re a closet pedophile hahahaaaaaa”

Person: “What the ****?”

Gotta love New York. During the height of the pandemic when NYC was on extreme lockdown, some guy thought he would brighten everyone's mood by singing 'New York New York' out on his high-rise balcony. All he got out was, "Start spreading the news . . ." "SHUT THE FCK UP!!!" I was laughing so hard I was bent in half with my mouth wide open and no noise was coming out, hahahaha.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

When do you need everyone's email address?

• Upvote 1