Forum Upgrade – Back Online

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whoa, it sucks.  lol

all the page quick links for a thread are on the side now instead of on the bottom of the thread like they were before..  Thus making a series of huge boxes for a thread.

So constructive criticism is a lot more likely to be considered, just saying. Saying something sucks doesn't help much.

The theme had to be completely rebuilt. I can move anything anywhere. Please let me know what you mean about the quick links, happy to move them back just not following what you mean.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So constructive criticism is a lot more likely to be considered, just saying. Saying something sucks doesn't help much.

The theme had to be completely rebuilt. I can move anything anywhere. Please let me know what you mean about the quick links, happy to move them back just not following what you mean.

Thanks.

The rendering on mobile send off. The user name and everything is misaligned 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheMo said:

The rendering on mobile send off. The user name and everything is misaligned 

Thanks - I didn't get a chance to check mobile yet.

Is this tapatalk or our mobile version? Meaning just going to the site URL on a phone and checking the site that way?

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

A lot of it feels nice, however profile pictures are off-center (or possibly large) and clipping over roles as well. Also the spacing between threads with multiple pages feels off.

Wish you luck with fixing and upgrading things! Doesn't seem like an easy task.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grandy said:

A lot of it feels nice, however profile pictures are off-center (or possibly large) and clipping over roles as well. Also the spacing between threads with multiple pages feels off.

It was a major release from Invision so we had to rebuild the theme (skin) completely. We should be able to move \ align anything.  Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to?  Is this on mobile or desktop?  

Thanks.

One thing that is definitely different is the top right sidebar when you open a thread. They present things differently in this version, showing a thread recap, when it was created, last reply along with top poster info and popular days \ posts. Images are indexed on the bottom as well.

image.png

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

It was a major release from Invision so we had to rebuild the theme (skin) completely. We should be able to move \ align anything.  Can you post a screen shot of what you are referring to?  Is this on mobile or desktop?  

Thanks.

Mobile browser 

9788915D-D99F-4192-AD76-50FA1534E11D.png

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Here is what it looks like for me, please let me know what is clipping over when you look at it, thanks.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

Font in a lot of places is a weird shade also where it used to be white.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Font in a lot of places is a weird shade also where it used to be white.

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

The website looks pretty messed up on my browser (I use Opera). 

image_2021-02-21_005449.thumb.png.8785da996718f27df089c284f1408840.png

LOL - thanks.  It looks like the new theme only applied as default to the Moderator group. I just reset it so you should see the new (rebuilt theme).  Please let me know if anything looks different for you now.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks.

Nice now it looks fantastic 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Please let me know if you see any issues. Still working on some things. Lots of behind the scene changes. So any suggestions and feedback is appreciated.

It's really a very small thing, barely worth your time I think, but since you asked....is there any way we could possibly clean up and consolidate the emoji list? The generic emojis are fine I guess but there were a lot of older custom ones that are still available and I think that's really cool but some of them are broken and appear as broken images. If possible could we restore or remove the broken ones while keeping the ones that work? ::GoJets:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

One thing that is definitely different is the top right sidebar when you open a thread. They present things differently in this version, showing a thread recap, when it was created, last reply along with top poster info and popular days \ posts. Images are indexed on the bottom as well.

image.png

This is amazing by the way. Love it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nolder said:

It's really a very small thing, barely worth your time I think, but since you asked....is there any way we could possibly clean up and consolidate the emoji list? The generic emojis are fine I guess but there were a lot of older custom ones that are still available and I think that's really cool but some of them are broken and appear as broken images. If possible could we restore or remove the broken ones while keeping the ones that work? ::GoJets:

Yes, I just made a not of this. I can definitely do that. I will take a look and if you don't mind I might PM you for suggestions after I clean it up a bit.

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whoa, it sucks.  lol

all the page quick links for a thread are on the side now instead of on the bottom of the thread like they were before..  Thus making a series of huge boxes for a thread.

Okay, now I completely understand why you laughed. I didn't realize the old theme was showing. That was definitely broken. I was looking at this thing going I now there will be feedback, I am open to change but what sucks lol.

What you were seeing definitely sucked, my bad. Hopefully the new theme loaded for you now.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Is there an option for a darker theme?

We can implement one if people want it. It ends up being more work on upgrades and costs more because we pay for the custom updates twice. So I would need to make sure a lot of people wanted it to make sure it was worth it, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

This is amazing by the way. Love it.

Thanks. Someone asked for the quotes to be rolled up last week. The new version definitely does that. Have to hit expand to see the entire quoted post now. Saves some desktop space.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1