Forum Upgrade – Back Online

Just now, sourceworx said:

NP! I like the modern UI. It's definitely a big improvement!

Thanks, glad to hear it.  For the first ten minutes or so nobody responded. It was freaking me out. I was like why are they not saying anything.

Oh because the broken theme was active.  Makes sense now haha.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Very cool updated look and feel.  

Seems like it went from a Microsoft look to an Apple look and feel with the rounded details to buttons and the crisp, white look.  

Also like the highlighted quick view with the expand tag.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What happened to the edit button?  I wanted to add something to my last post and accidentally hit the quote button, then realized there isnt an edit button.  

Is it gone on purpose?

three dots in upper right corner of post (report, share, edit)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Nolder said:

It's really a very small thing, barely worth your time I think, but since you asked....is there any way we could possibly clean up and consolidate the emoji list? The generic emojis are fine I guess but there were a lot of older custom ones that are still available and I think that's really cool but some of them are broken and appear as broken images. If possible could we restore or remove the broken ones while keeping the ones that work? ::GoJets:

Hey take a look now, I moved the entire original group to a group called original. How original, I know.  I know it was mentioned before that a lot of them weren't working, my bad on that. I just deleted hundreds of broken ones.

You can use the Categories option on the top right to sort through by type.  I know there are a lot of them in there, if we need better ones just let me know these are on the older side.

The other thing is there is a Recently Used option. I don't know if that is new to this version, I don't remember seeing it before.  Either way if you fish out ones to use it should save them and make it easier to find them in the future.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

image.png

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Reply to this please.  I don’t think the notifications are working on mobile web via iPhone safari browser.  I can test. 

SAR I

There are a lot of notification changes, so I fully expect there to be issues there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Hey take a look now, I moved the entire original group to a group called original. How original, I know.  I know it was mentioned before that a lot of them weren't working, my bad on that. I just deleted hundreds of broken ones.

You can use the Categories option on the top right to sort through by type.  I know there are a lot of them in there, if we need better ones just let me know these are on the older side.

The other thing is there is a Recently Used option. I don't know if that is new to this version, I don't remember seeing it before.  Either way if you fish out ones to use it should save them and make it easier to find them in the future.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

image.png

can you move the originals to the top of the pile? Those are the only ones I like.  Geez, getting closer to medicare age and commenting on emojis at 2 am.

:pats:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

can you move the originals to the top of the pile? Those are the only ones I like.  Geez, getting close to medicare age and commenting on emojis at 2 am.

I just checked I don't think it lets me reorder them but I will try to see what I can do.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Is there an option for a darker theme?

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Super bright white background on my laptop.  Prefer a darker theme option if this super bright white is the future.

So they have an option for this (Dark Mode) but I have to pay the programmer. I like it a lot actually, I am going to pay him because he is a designer and he can make a parent \ child theme. Basically they will be linked together and people can easily toggle for day \ night mode so to speak.

Good idea, give me a few days and we should have this setup.  Thanks.

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did you just add the dark mode button?  It doesnt seem to do anything at the moment

Yes I was testing it out. I had a 2nd theme for the admin group and you can toggle back and forth. I have to get a dark theme made and then we can implement it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So they have an option for this (Dark Mode) but I have to pay the programmer. I like it a lot actually, I am going to pay him because he is a designer and he can make a parent \ child theme. Basically they will be linked together and people can easily toggle for day \ night mode so to speak.

Good idea, give me a few days and we should have this setup.  Thanks.

image.png

:thumbup:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

We have a bunch of features, I am going to need to get feedback on a bunch of stuff.

For now what do you think of Fluid Width? Basically maximizes the size of your ............. monitor.  Thoughts?

This defintely needs its own thread.  Fluid Width?  Maximize size of your "monitor".  This has @T0mShane written all over it.  Better wear gloves when facing those sticky headers

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Actually I turned off the fluid width for now.  We can get feedback and tweak things, just have to figure out an easy way to do that. Maybe some live polls during the day when a bunch of people are online at once.

You had me going back and forth from your post to the Customizer button, couldn't find the fluid width setting, lol