Forum Upgrade – Back Online

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

NOT TO BE A WHINER, but the display looks really spare, like it was soaked in bleach. Too pasty.

1AB5F218-D6E2-4D01-A001-EDAF113DC94F.png

The next page when you pick a thread blends some color in really well imo. The one you screen shotted I can see what you are saying.

I definitely want to keep it simple but there has to be a way to use less bleach. Funny because If I remember correctly that was the name of your high schools band lol.

I have the programmer making a dark theme that some requested. So I will ask him to take a look at that page as well.

Thanks for the feedback 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The next page when you pick a thread blends some color in really well imo. The one you screen shotted I can see what you are saying.

I definitely want to keep it simple but there has to be a way to use less bleach. Funny because If I remember correctly that was the name of your high schools band lol.

I have the programmer making a dark theme that some requested. So I will ask him to take a look at that page as well.

Thanks for the feedback 

Ignore Tom. Defer to your instinct to keep it simple.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I really like that we have the bottom menu on mobile now. That used to be a PIA to navigate on a browser in mobile.

Seems too spaced out in mobile, but maybe I just need to get used to it.

The box for the main forums seems too tall in mobile. There's just a bunch of empty green space that seems wasted.

Screenshot_20210221-111218.thumb.png.74e9f8bf1d335ec0f103ba4bf94d61e8.png

• Upvote 1

@Maxman one small suggestion for the ux on mobile, when you are in a thread the breadcrumbs are kinda useless. You might consider a link at top/bottom that goes back to whatever sub-forum the thread lives in.  

As far as I can tell, the edge of the breadcrumb is the only way back out to the sub-forum.

CAE6BD78-A6EB-49E6-97B9-CFD8A2B55AE5.jpeg

At the bottom of the thread, you might consider moving the circled link up closer to the end of reading.

BA77428F-7C06-45BD-8D37-7FD147F4C0A6.jpeg

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Maxman one small suggestion for the ux on mobile, when you are in a thread the breadcrumbs are kinda useless. You might consider a link at top/bottom that goes back to whatever sub-forum the thread lives in.  

As far as I can tell, the edge of the breadcrumb is the only way back out to the sub-forum.

CAE6BD78-A6EB-49E6-97B9-CFD8A2B55AE5.jpeg

At the bottom of the thread, you might consider moving the circled link up closer to the end of reading.

BA77428F-7C06-45BD-8D37-7FD147F4C0A6.jpeg

Agree with this. The back button puts me back to main page 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I really like that we have the bottom menu on mobile now. That used to be a PIA to navigate on a browser in mobile.

Seems too spaced out in mobile, but maybe I just need to get used to it.

I agree. Too much space between thread topics on iPhone safari viewing. I’d rather condense it so that you can see more threads without having to scroll a lot.

• Upvote 2

Looks sharp. On my Idiot Phone (because I refuse to call it a smartphone) the thread titles are bolded and everything looks crisper. I also like all the toggles on the bottom. Now when we complain about everything Jets we'll look we're complaining in a nice suit instead of complaining in a sweatshirt that's two sizes too small and stained with spaghetti sauce. Hmmm, I also somehow don't feel like the same flimsy motherfckr I used to. ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You’re talking to the person who wanted to name this site “NotYourGranddad’sJetsMessageBoard dot com.”

Oh Tommy boy.  I lurk. I wait. For moments like these. I forget nothing. I document everything.  So since you brought it up, I will chime in.  :beer_Orcish:

My original thought had me send you information on picking a name because, my words were, I would be shortsighted and you would think bigger. You came back with JetsNation.com which was taken because you didn't use the domain check link I sent lol.  All good, but then I had to circle back and give the guy that owned JetsNation.com a small payday years later.  True story that guy was named Brady and he was a Patriots fan. He was shocked SNY and the Jets wouldn't pay him for it, so eventually he caved and sold it to me.

But I found this in the Original Site Thoughts document the other day when I was looking back as I created the site birthday thread.  Thought this one was interesting.  Now the proof that this was an actual exchange is there. Clearly I wrote that line because it has a typo, so it had to be me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png

28 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Great update. Dare I say it feels faster as well.

It is supposed to be, I haven't bench marked anything. And I also have ads off right now. But unfortunately they are coming back haha.

Just wanted to test things out but the new version has several changes that are supposed to impact page speed. So it is good news.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The box for the main forums seems too tall in mobile. There's just a bunch of empty green space that seems wasted.

Screenshot_20210221-111218.thumb.png.74e9f8bf1d335ec0f103ba4bf94d61e8.png

Ah it looks like you have the graphical option enabled. I have no images set up for that, but I will take a look.

5 hours ago, QB1 said:

If feels like there are fewer threads in view at one time on my phone 

Oh I wasn't sure if you meant it was taking you longer to scroll to change what username you were logged under.  :)

Someone else mentioned this, I am going to take a look and talk to the designer.

Basically he gave me a price on the dark mode theme and I agreed to do that. So now I am compiling feedback and I will have him adjust the existing theme as well. I do appreciate all the feedback, most of this we can incorporate. So keep the thoughts coming everyone, thanks.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

no idea how I would have enabled that?

I am still messing around with things, it might have been on the site side.  Either way I am making a list for the programmer\designer and we will get everything updated.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

What is the customizer feature in the RH corner. Thanks 

I am going to do a thread on it, but you can mess around with it. Let's you change the layout. Move the sidebar from the left to the right, pin the menu....I will do a full writeup.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am going to do a thread on it, but you can mess around with it. Let's you change the layout. Move the sidebar from the left to the right, pin the menu....I will do a full writeup.

Thanks i'm not going to touch it, my luck I will mess everything up. 

Nice job on the upgrade. 

THANK YOU 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

I can only see five topics at a time. Not a fan of the forums/unread/notifications/messages bar at the bottom. I liked the old way of being able to access that stuff in the top right corner. 

2E92DFE6-2FB7-457D-9A36-B2FA1BB6A659.png

The thread titles are making it taller, in this example, tell joe and Greek to stop creating threads. The spacing is otherwise based on mobile tap spacing best practices.

The top right links are persistent on the bottom now, but aren’t the main culprit for less visible threads in the list. The styles for the meta content for each thread are bulkier now. 

• Upvote 1