Did You Hear This Rumor?

JetNation

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This is one first rounder too much for me .. Seattle's 1sts is all I'm giving.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah I'm being generous...which is why these other offers are pure insanity. lol  The main reason I'm ok with this offer is because we will still have our full allotment of picks until 2023 because of the Adams trade.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

How has he fared in the playoffs ?

1-2 record. 63% completion percentage, 4 TDs 1 pick. 91 passer rating -- but his numbers in 2019 were fantastic (he struggled in the one 2018 game.) 

Dalton has had years that were similar.

No, he hasn't. Not even close.

Dalton was only above 7 YPA twice in ten years. Watson has been every year.

Dalton has only been above 60 QBR once in his career, Watson has every year.

Yet ... would you trade 3 ones for him ???

The fact that you're comparing them shows (not offense) that you don't really know what you're talking about, TBH.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's just that the no 2 overall is worth way more than the avg no1 pick.

That's the whole reason we're in the conversation. 

Two "average" firsts are the comp you can get for Jamal Adams. We aren't getting Watson for the price of Jamal Adams, guys.

Two "average" firsts are the comp you can get for Jamal Adams. We aren't getting Watson for the price of Jamal Adams, guys.
Again ... Watson with DeAndre Freaking Hopkins didn't do much in the playoffs. How much is Deandreless Watson worth? I dont put very much stock in is garbage time stat compiling from this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

How can HOU get the draft picks before the draft and still get a post June-1 trade designation.  I think the trade would have to be finalized before then.  

Teams do it all the time. I don’t think the trade actually happens after June 1st. Just designated as such for financial considerations. Houston get the Jet picks and we get DW

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Again ... Watson with DeAndre Freaking Hopkins didn't do much in the playoffs. How much is Deandreless Watson worth? I dont put very much stock in is garbage time stat compiling from this year.

You're jumping through hoops to discredit him. It's silly.

His 2018 and 2019 success was all because of DeAndre Hopkins but when he had his best season by far post Hopkins it's all because of his bad defense -- and yet you're blaming him for the 4-12 record? LOL. Ridiculous. The mental gymnastics to make these preposterous arguments must have you exhausted.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

#2 overall this year, next years 1st round pick (Seattle pick) and Sam for Watson or just walk away.

I agree with this. It's a little more than I'm willing to part with... My offer would be #2 overall, our 38th pick and Sam Darnold, but I could definitely get in line with your offer. Offering a blank check for Watson has Mike Ditka and the New Orleans Saints written all over it.....

• Sympathy 1

You're jumping through hoops to discredit him. It's silly.
His 2018 and 2019 success was all because of DeAndre Hopkins but when he had his best season by far post Hopkins it's all because of his bad defense -- and yet you're blaming him for the 4-12 record? LOL. Ridiculous. The mental gymnastics to make these preposterous arguments must have you exhausted.
Best season statically which resulted in 4 wins. He was compiling stats because his team was throwing playing from behind.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Best season statically which resulted in 4 wins. He was compiling stats because his team was throwing playing from behind.

70.2% completion rate.

33 TDs vs. 7 INTs

Led the league in Yards and Yards/Attempt.  So even if he was throwing more, he was throwing bullseyes as well or better than any QB in the league.  This isn't a stat padder.  He's a top-5 QB in the NFL.  Almost nobody would refute that.  His team was awful.

Few more stats.

HOU was ranked 1st in the NFL in Yards/Play on Offense.  They were 30th in Yards/Play on Defense.

The offense was very good, but they couldn't score points on the ground and that hurt them.  2nd worst rushing yards in the league and 3rd worst rushing TDs.  But their defense was horrible and that hurt them more.  

I would put none of HOU's problems this past season on Watson.  He succeeded in spite of an awful running game and defense.  He just couldn't do enough to overcome them.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

You're picking and choosing. Apparently the two previous years where he was awesome and his team was in the playoffs was because of Hopkins? Ridiculous.

Just now, nycdan said:

70.2% completion rate.

33 TDs vs. 7 INTs

Led the league in Yards and Yards/Attempt.  So even if he was throwing more, he was throwing bullseyes as well or better than any QB in the league.  This isn't a stat padder.  He's a top-5 QB in the NFL.  Almost nobody would refute that.  His team was awful.

Few more stats.

HOU was ranked 1st in the NFL in Yards/Play on Offense.  They were 30th in Yards/Play on Defense.

The offense was very good, but they couldn't score points on the ground and that hurt them.  2nd worst rushing yards in the league and 3rd worst rushing TDs.  But their defense was horrible and that hurt them more.  

I would put none of HOU's problems this past season on Watson.  He succeeded in spite of an awful running game and defense.  He just couldn't do enough to overcome them.

Only time will tell if Joe D. agrees with you ... hopefully ... if he does , Mr. Watson can refrain from demanding to be in on the decision making for our remaining 3 and fourth round picks.

12 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

#2 ALONE is worth more than the two Adams picks combined. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

And Deshaun Watson is worth substantially more than that.

Thats all relative. Watson was taken at pick #12. Farve, Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, among others, all taken mid teens/20’s. Who’s to say Fields or Wilson won’t be as good.  Who thought Jackson, taken late in round 1, would be an MVP? And what about Herbert?  If the price tag is too much, I’d just roll the dice and go with Fields, Wilson or trade back a few spots and take Lance. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Thats all relative. Watson was taken at pick #12. Farve, Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, among others, all taken mid teens/20’s. Who’s to say Fields or Wilson won’t be as good.  Who thought Jackson, taken late in round 1, would be an MVP? And what about Herbert?  If the price tag is too much, I’d just roll the dice and go with Fields, Wilson or trade back a few spots and take Lance. 

It's a proven commodity vs. a lottery ticket.

Wilson could be better than Watson. It is, of course, much more likely that he's not.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's a proven commodity vs. a lottery ticket.

Wilson could be better than Watson. It is, of course, much more likely that he's not.

We are in no position to throw picks away like frisbees.  Why would Watson leave Texans to come to a similar situation.  It would take years to get this team up to speed.  We are that bad.

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2021 at 6:59 AM, heymangold said:

houston doesn't want sam.  they'll be taking whatever QB they like the most at 2.  sam should be sold to the highest bidder, replenishing the picks traded for watson.

hot take:  if Quinnen is the dealbreaker in this potential deal, trade him.  he's a d-lineman, they can be found.  25 year old FQB's that want to play for your team don't come around often at all.

i'd go with #2, a 3rd and one of the 1st rounders next year.  that #2 pick is almost priceless, it's a big one.

Fine....Q (on a rookie deal), and SEA's two first rounders (2021 and 2022) for Watson and his big contract.

But I ain't trading Q and #2 plus others DPs for Watson and his contract.

31 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We are in no position to throw picks away like frisbees.  Why would Watson leave Texans to come to a similar situation.  It would take years to get this team up to speed.  We are that bad.

Yeah, I just don't believe this. If Joe Douglas is good he can turn this around for sure -- swapping out the coach and QB will do wonders for this team. If Joe Douglas isn't good we're F'd either way.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:52 AM, Dunnie said:

No ... I think he could not win with the jets current roster. He will be in the same situation as the Texans last year ... like moving from vomit to sh*t.

And we won't be able to build with him on the team at his current cost. We simply have TOO MANY HOLES TO FILL.

We have very few quality starters under contract.

He costs $11 mil next year. Then $35 mil when Trumaine Johnson, Lev bell and Enunwa's $16 mil are finally off the books. So really he costs 19 mil.  Not too shabby eh? ?

• Sympathy 1

He costs $11 mil next year. Then $35 mil when Trumaine Johnson, Lev bell and Enunwa's $16 mil are finally off the books. So really he costs 19 mil.  Not too shabby eh?
That is pretty great reasoning... ok f course if Wilson or Fields end up being studs ... hindsight won''t be friendly.

The other problem is that 2023 .. 37 mil w roster bonus, 2024 32 million, 2025 32 million ...

So still expensive as **** unless you are shorting him.

10 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Fine....Q (on a rookie deal), and SEA's two first rounders (2021 and 2022) for Watson and his big contract.

But I ain't trading Q and #2 plus others DPs for Watson and his contract.

Watson’s contract isn’t as bad as everyone thinks.  We could find another DT.

Watson’s contract isn’t as bad as everyone thinks.  We could find another DT.
Anytime your talking about jettisoning one of your best players to make room for a mega contract .. there will be a lot of debate.

Watson went 4-12 last year... with a terrible supporting cast and no DeAndre

Watson padded stats due to his team having to throw because they were so far down.

Watson has won exactly one playoff game.

Watson got all bent when his boss didn't let him in on his business.

Watson is a good QB... probably top 10 ... not one worth selling the farm for.

So .. trade your best defensive player along with 3 first round picks (one being the number 2 overall) and a buttload of cap cash (starting in 2023) for a good QB.

Or

Draft a good prospect and trust your coaching staff as you build the Great Wall of China OL and DL over the next two years ?

I think it's clear what should happen.