Genò Smith YouTube Documentary

GreekJet

15 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

What I always found interesting about Smith is how much time he received. Remember had he not broken his jaw the Jets would have sunk 3 seasons with him as the week 1 starter (same as Darnold).

That would never happen in today’s league. 

Was just gonna write this...the problem with the Jets isn't that they took a chance on guys like Smith and Hackenberg it's that it took them a ridiculous amount of time to figure out they weren't good....which prevented them from drafting someone that was.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

What I always found interesting about Smith is how much time he received. Remember had he not broken his jaw the Jets would have sunk 3 seasons with him as the week 1 starter (same as Darnold).

Or what just about every QB is given to prove or disprove his worth.

It wasnt 3, his rookie season was 2013, went 8-8 set the Jets rookie season mark at that time.  Had a disastrous 2014 and was knocked out of the 2015 season with the jaw.  You have no idea whether he would have been benched in 2015 or went the entire season.  He also had a good rookie season and a drop off in year two, why wouldnt he start going into 2015, why wouldn't he?

Youre kidding yourself with the idea that a QB would never be given 2+ years in todays league.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It wasnt 3, his rookie season was 2013, went 8-8 set the Jets rookie season mark at that time.  Had a disastrous 2014 and was knocked out of the 2015 season with the jaw.  You have no idea whether he would have been benched in 2015 or went the entire season.  He also had a good rookie season and a drop off in year two, why wouldnt he start going into 2015, why wouldn't he?

Youre kidding yourself with the idea that a QB would never be given 2+ years in todays league.

A good rookie season? 12/21 TD/INT ratio with a 55 comp %.

Pretty much DeShon Kizer numbers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreekJet said:

Trying to understand you saying this wouldnt have happened in today's league while referencing Darnold in the same post.

Darnold has been the worst QB in the league during the last 3 seasons and people on this forum still think he should get to start this season.

7 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

A good rookie season? 12/21 TD/INT ratio with a 55 comp %.

Pretty much DeShon Kizer numbers. 

He went 8-8 as a rookie with a team that went 6-10 the year before.

He set the Jets rookie yardage mark

I didnt say he was great

I also didnt say the Jets gave him 3 years when he actually got two.  Then he was knocked out of year three and was never given the job back.  That was you, making your whole point that they gave him an abnormal amount of time.  Time that would never be given today to a QB moot and mind numbing 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

So Max pulls an all-nighter to upgrade the site and this is what we get?

SAR I

Greek Jet is a several time banned poster who is just trolling.  I go back and forth as to what people think. Some of it seems fun, some of it seems to annoy people. When everyone has had enough just let us know.

• Upvote 1

He failed because he had a brain the size of a pea. He was a general all around THUG. I'm also certain he got exactly what he deserved when IK Enemkpali slugged him. He was supposed to be the QB of a professional football organization. Whether he was ready or not, a higher responsibility goes with the job. He purely spit the bit. He's no Ryan Leaf. Ryan Leaf clearly placed himself on his own plateau of ineptitude. However, Geno Smith is not far behind....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

He failed because he had a brain the size of a pea. He was a general all around THUG. I'm also certain he got exactly what he deserved when IK Enemkpali slugged him. He was supposed to be the QB of a professional football organization. Whether he was ready or not, a higher responsibility goes with the job. He purely spit the bit. He's no Ryan Leaf. Ryan Leaf clearly placed himself on his own plateau of ineptitude. However, Geno Smith is not far behind....

Is this post satire or serious I can't tell.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Greek Jet is a several time banned poster who is just trolling.  I go back and forth as to what people think. Some of it seems fun, some of it seems to annoy people. When everyone has had enough just let us know.

I enjoy your message board as a platform to discuss my favorite NFL team. I do not intend to cause problems. If I am doing something wrong please let me know and I will adjust.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Geno looked exactly the same in 2013 as he did in 2014....it was obvious to most people he was garbage half way through 2014.   Geno was a QB who fell a full round you don't need to give a second round QB more then a year to prove his worth.  You sound like someone who bought a Geno Smith jersey at Modells after the 2013 season.