Genò Smith YouTube Documentary

GreekJet

6 hours ago, undertow said:

Geno looked exactly the same in 2013 as he did in 2014....it was obvious to most people he was garbage half way through 2014.   Geno was a QB who fell a full round you don't need to give a second round QB more then a year to prove his worth.  You sound like someone who bought a Geno Smith jersey at Modells after the 2013 season.

Is that what I sound like?

You know less about me than you know about football if you think two years was too much time to give him.  Easy to make bold statements after we know how he turned out, where he ended 

• WTF? 1

Clearly nobody liked what they saw before the draft to pick him in the first round but I thought taking a flyer on him in the second round was worth the risk of finding first round potential for a second round pick. He clearly was always what teams passed on in the first round: dumb as a brick and too cocky to help himself.

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let me guess.  The documentary concludes the Jets were the biggest problem for Geno Smith, even though he's a career backup who has been passed on to 3 other franchises since the Jets let him go.  

It’s Rex’s fault Geno lost his iPad with the plays the one season he was on the Giants and didn’t tell anyone

On 2/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People who only use the word thug to describe black males should just say what they really want to say.

I couldn't understand that one either. He was on the receiving end, not the giving end of a shot to the chops. Never got into any legal troubles. Never threatened anybody, so far as I'm aware. 

He was immature, cocky at a young age, and wasn't good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. That's bad enough for a draft pick. But a thug? A guy who posts a picture of his own wimpy-pathetic, punched face is a thug

I don't like cavalierly tossing your accusation around, but...

• Upvote 2

Not a thug, but too many excuses along the way, the penis picture (apparently it's only okay if you're Brett Favre), the time-zone issue, the money-owed broken jawbone issue, as Philc1 reminded us, the lost Giants playbook iPad issue. He seemed like a loner, stuck inside his own head alone on the bench...not mentally invested or not passionate about the game.

Didn't appear to like football enough to excel as a starter and I think it's fair to say he wasn't a good team mate... These issues may seem like small potatoes but climbing to the top in football is a slog, a 24/7 commitment.             As a starting qb in the league you have to outwork everyone, film study, weight room, punctuality and be there in any way you can for your teammates.

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2021 at 7:34 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People who only use the word thug to describe black males should just say what they really want to say.

Thank you so much for that wonderful commentary Don Lemon. I guess you really told me, didn't you????

10 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Thank you so much for that wonderful commentary Don Lemon. I guess you really told me, didn't you????

The only NFL players you’ve seen fit to label as thugs are Geno Smith and Jameis Winston. 

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here would require a belief that you don’t know the definition of the word thug.