Trading Down #2 pick PFN Draft Sim

So I did pro football network draft sim.

I traded down twice.

Traded the #2 pick to Philly for 6,37,70 and a 2022 #1.

I then traded #6 to Jacksonville for 25,33 and a 2022 second rounder.

Here are the results and you gentlemen tell me what you think.

Id take this draft in a heartbeat.

23 - Travis Ettienne RB

25 - Alex Leatherwood OT

33 - Wyatt Davis OG

34 - Asante Samuel CB

37 - Trey Smith OG

66 - Jordan Smith Edge

70 Amari Rodgers WR

86 Ambry Thomas CB

107 - Chuba Hubbard RB

147 - Shaka Toney Edge

155 - Jack Anderson OG

188 - Alaric Jackson OT

249 - Evan McPherson K

Im not perfect fellas this is just my interpretation of how to start to fix this.

In one draft we solidified the OL for a decade. We also solidified are running game for the next decade. We addressed the pass rush and the secondary and K.

Now on top of this draft in free agency I would prioritize getting two very important pieces as well.

#1 WR.

#2 Pass Rusher.

Mix all this together with our existing core. I believe we have a competitive team and a VERY solid foundation moving forward.

This on the premise we keep Sam.

Imagine what Sam could be with a great QB Coach who could teach him after three years to not throw off his back foot. He is more than serviceable and salvageable. Put this kind of team around him and I know we are better than last year.

Anyway just my two cents.

Let me know what you think of the mock draft.

Sincerely Lantern

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

So I did pro football network draft sim.

I traded down twice.

Traded the #2 pick to Philly for 6,37,70 and a 2022 #1.

I then traded #6 to Jacksonville for 25,33 and a 2022 second rounder.

Here are the results and you gentlemen tell me what you think.

Id take this draft in a heartbeat.

23 - Travis Ettienne RB

25 - Alex Leatherwood OT

33 - Wyatt Davis OG

34 - Asante Samuel CB

37 - Trey Smith OG

66 - Jordan Smith Edge

70 Amari Rodgers WR

86 Ambry Thomas CB

107 - Chuba Hubbard RB

147 - Shaka Toney Edge

155 - Jack Anderson OG

188 - Alaric Jackson OT

249 - Evan McPherson K

Im not perfect fellas this is just my interpretation of how to start to fix this.

In one draft we solidified the OL for a decade. We also solidified are running game for the next decade. We addressed the pass rush and the secondary and K.

Now on top of this draft in free agency I would prioritize getting two very important pieces as well.

#1 WR.

#2 Pass Rusher.

Mix all this together with our existing core. I believe we have a competitive team and a VERY solid foundation moving forward.

This on the premise we keep Sam.

Imagine what Sam could be with a great QB Coach who could teach him after three years to not throw off his back foot. He is more than serviceable and salvageable. Put this kind of team around him and I know we are better than last year.

Anyway just my two cents.

Let me know what you think of the mock draft.

Sincerely Lantern

Oh yeah?  Well I just made a vid where I took EVERY Trade offer lol. got 25 players 1 1st, 4 2nds, 8 3rds, 5 4ths, 1 5th, 4 6ths and a 7th hahahaha

This stuff is fun for me too. I would take your draft in a second if I were staying with Sam Darnold at QB.  

Check out the vid duder. 

https://youtu.be/J4sZvziGqTY

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, GREENLANTERN said:

Thanks Greenbean. Great minds think alike Lol

I will check out your video as well.

Thanks Lantern

Great minds. I like that stuff. lol 

I am more and more in sticking with Sam and trading down. Lawrence would have been a no- brained the rest of the QBs, not so sure. Yes, Sam stunk last year but think it was more mental than any thing else. He has ability. GBs accepting every offer to trade down is enticing. The fact that JD looked at JuJu might mean that he is of the same mindset. My son is a huge Pittsburgh fan and a fan of Juju, telling me he is a tough receiver with excellent hand, a bit immature but not a selfish or bad guy. Someone said that Steeler player never play well for another team when traded or let go. What about Beachum and Mc Lendon? Neither of them stars but good players for us for many years. I believe Watson is a pipe dream and I hate to give up the number 2 pick.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

Had a lot of fun with this. Traded down a bunch and the plan was sticking with Sam. Not thrilled but came away with a lot of picks this year and added 2 first round picks next year
d9c2b92495a322d6a4826d8462fb5190.jpg
0eb3bdd19f925c9e71b6a5b117a9b39e.jpg
4e1d8d145326e2281f7835f8821d062d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Had a lot of fun with this. Traded down a bunch and the plan was sticking with Sam. Not thrilled but came away with a lot of picks this year and added 2 first round picks next year
d9c2b92495a322d6a4826d8462fb5190.jpg
0eb3bdd19f925c9e71b6a5b117a9b39e.jpg
4e1d8d145326e2281f7835f8821d062d.jpg

Those 7 picks from 155 down should have been used to trade up into better slot selections.15 picks is too much. 8 is a good # in rounds 1-5

• Upvote 1
Those 7 picks from 155 down should have been used to trade up into better slot selections.15 picks is too much. 8 is a good # in rounds 1-5

Oh I 100% agree. I was trying to have my son eat breakfast at the same time... and before I knew it, it was my time to pick... but yes, I agree.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vic said:

I am more and more in sticking with Sam and trading down. Lawrence would have been a no- brained the rest of the QBs, not so sure. Yes, Sam stunk last year but think it was more mental than any thing else. He has ability. GBs accepting every offer to trade down is enticing. The fact that JD looked at JuJu might mean that he is of the same mindset. My son is a huge Pittsburgh fan and a fan of Juju, telling me he is a tough receiver with excellent hand, a bit immature but not a selfish or bad guy. Someone said that Steeler player never play well for another team when traded or let go. What about Beachum and Mc Lendon? Neither of them stars but good players for us for many years. I believe Watson is a pipe dream and I hate to give up the number 2 pick.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

What about this years HOF inductee Alan Faneca ?

Hello Green Lantern!  I loved the movie by the way!  I did an exact same thread yesterday or the day before and I was moved within 3 hours to the draft forum site.  I wonder if you have more pull than I do, and not get moved.  lol

The point I was trying to make with my thread (which you made the exact same point), is that by using the #2 pick to move down, you can get a boat load of draft capital, which can help our team enormously!  I 100% agree with the strategy.

In my simulation, I moved from #2 to #5, then from #5 to #8.  I picked up Kyle Pitts at #8.  I picked up great players I feel (You can check out my simulation in the draft forum), and picked up both Carolina's #1 pick for next year, as well as Cinncinnati's #1 draft pick for next year, as well as other capital.  

I believe that Kyle Pitts is a premier player that we need, certainly as a receiver, and a tight end that the Jets haven't had in 20 years.

• Upvote 2

I find many ot the PFN proposed trades to be too generous.  I don’t think there’s any way Miami will trade #3, #18 and #36 for #2.  I don’t think there’s any way the Bengals are trading #5, #38 and 2022 1st and 2nd.

• Upvote 1

Yeah.  The 1st trade is okay.  The second trade was downright O'Brien-esque, with you starring as Bill.  Didn't get anywhere near enough value.

At #6, you can just draft either Chase or Smith and tuck the #1 WR need away for 10 years hopefully.  Still having #23, 34 and 37 let's you address the OL and at least one defensive position, not even considering trading back up a bit to snag a guy you might really want.

At some point, quantity is not better than quality.  We need picks but we don't need 20 of them.  We just need to pick well with the dozen or so we'd likely have after the first trade.

• Upvote 2

Trading down twice is highly unlikely trade down once inside the top 12...pick up an extra 2nd this year along with picks in 2022 and 2023.  If your not selecting a QB there will players with similar grades as at 2 and the hit rate is virtually identical. 

I honestly don't mind this draft. Would mine look different if I were to trade down. Sure. And I have certain prospects I have zeroed in on. I think everyone who has done these mocks has done the same. But the main thing for me is I just don't see how JD can pass up this opportunity to start from scratch with a rookie potential FQB. I'm convinced the Jets will go with a QB at #2 and it makes perfect sense having JD under contract for 5 more years, Saleh under contract for 5 years and a FQB under a rookie contract for a potential 5 years. 

My targets are pretty straightforward and I assume the Jets will go after a top tier interior O-lineman like Thuney or Lindsey to finally secure that O-line with a veteran starter. They all fit the new offensive and defensive system really well and address the major needs . They include Fields-QB (Rd. 1), Marshall-WR (Rd. 1 Sea.), Pat Jones-Edge (Rd. 2), Paulson Adebo-CB (Rd. 3), Chazz Surratt-LB (Rd. 3), Kylin Hill-RB (Rd. 4), Josh Ball-OT (Rd. 5), Israel Mukuamu-CB/S/Nickel (Rd. 6)- Not sure if he will drop to Rd. 6, I would take him to play safety in sub packages, not corner, but he is versatile. 

8 hours ago, GREENLANTERN said:

If Jordan Palmer hasn't already drilled this into his head at his offseason camp by now then Sam's getting ripped off.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.