If Sewell is the pick who will play LT?

Slikmojet!

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Out of the 100 good OL prospects how many got this?

C72B2ED5-0789-494B-81C8-FFB2A9A03C1B.jpeg

The same people use pff grades to justify the qb at 2. If pff grades are reliable then it would be negligent to pass on their best lineman ever 

Their 2nd best cfb lineman ever was Quenton Nelson and their 3rd best was Ryan ramcyzk. Pff is essentially predicting Sewell as an all pro. 

Becton btw had a pff nfl grade in the 70s somewhere 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

The same people use pff grades to justify the qb at 2. If pff grades are reliable then it would be negligent to pass on their best lineman ever 

Their 2nd best cfb lineman ever was Quenton Nelson and their 3rd best was Ryan ramcyzk. Pff is essentially predicting Sewell as an all pro. 

Draft Sewell and trade Becton to Cincy for #5 and a 2nd rounder.  Just a thought. 

19 hours ago, bitonti said:

One of the few times a PFF prediction will be right on the money

• 3 months later...

Today, what Franchises are as or more misdirected than the Jets?

1-Texans

2-Lions

3-Jaguars

4-WFT (I think the Jets are tied with them)

5-Dolphins could get there.

6-Packets heading there without Rodgers.

7-Bengals

8-Seahawks (dark horse)

The Browns and Bills used to be on this list, but they got their acts together.   I can see the Cowboys and Cardinals joining this list).  Theme-bad ownership that makes bad management decisions. 

But with the value of the NFL franchises, quality of management is getting better.  The Jets really have to get their acts together to beat anyone. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

Today, what Franchises are as or more misdirected than the Jets?

1-Texans

2-Lions

3-Jaguars

4-WFT (I think the Jets are tied with them)

5-Dolphins could get there.

6-Packets heading there without Rodgers.

7-Bengals

8-Seahawks (dark horse)

The Browns and Bills used to be on this list, but they got their acts together.   I can see the Cowboys and Cardinals joining this list).  Theme-bad ownership that makes bad management decisions. 

But with the value of the NFL franchises, quality of management is getting better.  The Jets really have to get their acts together to beat anyone. 

This should be its own thread. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

7th overall pick for a RT who hasn't played position since high school. Campbell is a ninja genius.

7th overall pick for a RT who played only 1 full year year of excellent play before sitting out for a year. What could go wrong?

Oh yeah - You also passed up on Justin Fields for Jared Goff. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, pointman said:

I thought Sewell was Jesus with eye black. Why is he being moved from LT?

He was moved to right tackle due to injury.

You see he was injured during the coach's "depussification" drill.  The player must face the Lion to become pure of heart.  The coach called it becoming "Lionhearted".  Despite his misgivings, Sewell approached the beast and was promptly bitten on the kneecap.  Got the thing torn clean off. 

When the coach was asked about the grievous wound, he declared that "one day he will thank me". 

When a reporter - from New York no doubt - expressed incredulity at Sewell ever thanking him - the Coach promptly jammed him into a locker whilst chanting in some unknown language.  After slamming the locker door shut, he then faced the rest of the press scrum and asked if there were any other questions.  There were none.

I am told that Mrs Ford - who now owns the team - feinted on the spot upon being shown the tape.  The team refused comment on whether it was after watching the depussification drill or the press conference.