Jeremiah released his updated big board

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

I agree with this.  I think the way that DJ ranks he puts more emphasis on the floor rather than the ceiling of a player.  He even alludes to it in his evaluation of Sewell: "Overall, Sewell isn't the most polished blocker in this class, but he does offer the most upside."  On his podcast he uses a baseball analogy to describe how he believes team should approach the 1st round.  He has often said that in the first round the key is to hit doubles, home runs are great but you can build a team off of consistently hitting doubles.  He prefers safer players over the boom or bust type of player.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but then why the hell did DJ have Becton as his #1 OT last year when he was projected to be the biggest project of the top 4? 

Everyone has this infatuation with Mahomes that when they see another prospect make an off platform throw, they get a hard on. This is why DJ thought Darnold was the best prospect since Luck and why he has Wilson so high. It's like ranking basketball prospects on the basis of who is the best dunker. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but then why the hell did DJ have Becton as his #1 OT last year when he was projected to be the biggest project of the top 4? 

Everyone has this infatuation with Mahomes that when they see another prospect make an off platform throw, they get a hard on. This is why DJ thought Darnold was the best prospect since Luck and why he has Wilson so high. It's like ranking basketball prospects on the basis of who is the best dunker. 

I am not too sure about the Darnold evaluation but the Becton evaluation had more to do with his size, if I recall correctly.  On his podcast, he kept referring to the size of Becton being something that can hide some of the faults of a player.  Just due to his size, he could get by in the NFL. With his length, it forces speed rushers to change their angle to get around him.  With his mass, it would make power rushers think twice about just bull rushing.  You could see it at times throughout the season where Becton did not have the proper balance or leverage but was still able to force the defender to change what they intended to do by just getting in their way.  This gave Becton a higher floor and more leeway to build up the skills of playing LT in the NFL.