Jets 1st Round Picks. Painful.

JazzyJet

7 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The talent lever on the line was good.  Way better than what Darnold has. Jeff Criswell took some time to stop getting flagged, but he shaped up nicely. Mike Haight was not nearly as bad as some fans think he was.  Interior lineman have a hard time pass blocking for a QB that wont or cant get out of the way.  Jim Sweeny was an excellent center.   Dan Alexander was just about the best guard the Jets ever had. He never had a bad game. Reggie McElroy was a mean, nasty player that more than held own for years.  Mickey Shuller was a good blocker and had the head to help his QB as a check down or when pressure was there.  

O'Brien made them look bad. 

Jeff Criswell.  Now there is a name I have not heard in awhile.  Always like him despite the holding penalties.  Sweeney was an excellent center.  As for the best guard, that would be Randy Rasmussen.  He wears the ring, started for 15 years and continued to hold his job as the NFL passed into the steroid era. 

In regards to WR and people wondering could pick another Stephen Hill? Devonta Smith is probably the best WR most anyone has ever seen. Keyshawn says he's the best he's ever seen. Smith is a can't miss prospect. He would be an absolutely GREAT addition to the NYJ.

6 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Jeff Criswell.  Now there is a name I have not heard in awhile.  Always like him despite the holding penalties.  Sweeney was an excellent center.  As for the best guard, that would be Randy Rasmussen.  He wears the ring, started for 15 years and continued to hold his job as the NFL passed into the steroid era. 

Agree on Randy.  Top notch player and person as well.  I saw my first Jet games at Shea when I was a tike back in 1981.  Marvin Powell was still there and so was Randy.  

What I remember most about that season was the Wild Card game vs. the Bills at Shea.  The portable part of the stands was bouncing up and down from the fans getting into it . I thought it was going to come down.  I also remember the temperature and the wind.  I was frozen solid and wind burned.   

5 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

In regards to WR and people wondering could pick another Stephen Hill? Devonta Smith is probably the best WR most anyone has ever seen. Keyshawn says he's the best he's ever seen. Smith is a can't miss prospect. He would be an absolutely GREAT addition to the NYJ.

The debate at 2 should be Smith or Sewell not those 2 overrated clowns Fields and Wilson