If Fields and Wilson are the next Watson and Mahomes then...

Philc1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why isn’t Houston offering us Watson straight up for the 2nd pick overall and throw in late round picks?

If Sam is the better why will the offers for him start at a 2 and Wilson or Fields would command that and more? 

If Sam is a future stud why can’t we just trade him st8 up for Watson? I mean he only won 4 games like some around here like to say

Who would command the better offers? Sam or Wilson, Fields? 

So many questions ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Who the hell is saying that? Teams didn't even know Watson and Mahomes were what they are when they were drafted. 

But I’m hearing these comparisons of Wilson and Mahomes.  The Texans could get rid of Watson’s contract and get a way better qb back why not?  What’s the hold up?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

But I’m hearing these comparisons of Wilson and Mahomes.  The Texans could get rid of Watson’s contract and get a way better qb back why not?  What’s the hold up?

I'm not saying you aren't hearing that (I've seen it too) or even that you believe it, but the Wilson hype has just gotten ridiculous lately.  The most common comps I see for him are Rodgers or Mahomes, which is ridiculous.  Lots of people base it off "arm talent" which is crazy.  The only thing more overhyped than Wilson in general is how strong his arm is 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Mahomes and Watson weren’t viewed as a can’t missed elite prospects coming out.

In the end, it’s all about potential....player skill set + system your team is designed to run.

Houston isn’t even looking to trade Watson. They’re still trying to save face and keep him...

because at the end of the day....having Deshaun Watson is better than drafting someone who could possibly be as good as him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Mahomes and Watson weren’t viewed as a can’t missed elite prospects coming out.

In the end, it’s all about potential....player skill set + system your team is designed to run.

Houston isn’t even looking to trade Watson. They’re still trying to save face and keep him...

because at the end of the day....having Deshaun Watson is better than drafting someone who could possibly be as good as him.

The hype for Fields and Wilson is way more than what the hype was for Watson and Mahomes.  Watson has publicly expressed interest in coming here.  If we can offer a young QB that is better than Pat Mahomes on a rookie scale contract why isn’t Jack Easterby stalking JD now to get this deal done?

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The hype for Fields and Wilson is way more than what the hype was for Watson and Mahomes.  Watson has publicly expressed interest in coming here.  If we can offer a young QB that is better than Pat Mahomes on a rookie scale contract why isn’t Jack Easterby stalking JD now to get this deal done?

Because I don’t think anyone in the league actually believes that Wilson or Fields will be anywhere good as Watson. Neither one will be. This is all media fabrication, and this is coming from a big Wilson fan. But he’s not on a Deshaun Watson level.

In fact, the Jaguars will be LUCKY if Trevor Lawrence is anywhere near as good as Watson. That’s how good Watson is.

Jets had their chance at Watson coming out of college, no trade up, nothing....they took a fast linebacker who can’t cover. 

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Probably because in reality, nobody actually believes such a thing? 

• Upvote 1

You guys need to stop living in the past, and get with the present. We had sh*tty GM's that didn't draft either of those 2 guys... It's done revisionist history. Stop wallowing in the fact we didn't get it done then and get with the current GM and new coaches on what they may determine the best course of action will be. If they decide to trade for Watson, or draft at #2 roll with it and let the chips fall where they may be. Not one of us on this board has a crystal ball to determine what's going to happen, otherwise we'd be employed by one of the 32 teams in the GM position.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

This sh*t happens every year before the draft...people are convinced that names they hear in the media constantly are sure things.  I mean after the championship game everyone wanted to draft Devonta Smith with the 2nd pick and now I haven't hear his name mentioned in months....people are sheep.

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why isn’t Houston offering us Watson straight up for the 2nd pick overall and throw in late round picks?

If Mahomes was going to be Mahomes, why didn't everyone trade up to #1 overall for him?

If Brady was going to be Brady, why did he make it to the 6th round?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Because watson is a KNOWN good qb.

The second is a mystery.

Why is this concept so difficult for half this board??????

Because this team is not ONE good player away from competing. We have other important positions to fill, like MOST of them.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Because watson is a KNOWN good qb.

The second is a mystery.

Why is this concept so difficult for half this board??????

1 minute ago, 68JET11 said:

Because this team is not ONE good player away from competing. We have other important positions to fill, like MOST of them.

To add to that, when you're building a new building, do you start with the CEO office, or the foundation first ?

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Because I don’t think anyone in the league actually believes that Wilson or Fields will be anywhere good as Watson. Neither one will be. This is all media fabrication, and this is coming from a big Wilson fan. But he’s not on a Deshaun Watson level.

In fact, the Jaguars will be LUCKY if Trevor Lawrence is anywhere near as good as Watson. That’s how good Watson is.

Jets had their chance at Watson coming out of college, no trade up, nothing....they took a fast linebacker who can’t cover. 

They have a very good chance of being as good as Watson. Wilson is more highly regarded than Watson was when he came out. I think it's incorrect to say no-one thinks they will. No-one knows yet. They have a very good chance, just need to prove it. If people thought Watson was going to be so good he wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. Wilson will be going #2 overall most likely which leads me to believe several teams think he has all the tools to be as good as Watson.

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not saying you aren't hearing that (I've seen it too) or even that you believe it, but the Wilson hype has just gotten ridiculous lately.  The most common comps I see for him are Rodgers or Mahomes, which is ridiculous.  Lots of people base it off "arm talent" which is crazy.  The only thing more overhyped than Wilson in general is how strong his arm is 

Mahomes can't carry Wilson's jockstrap. 

• Haha 2