If Fields and Wilson are the next Watson and Mahomes then...

Philc1

10 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

To add to that, when you're building a new building, do you start with the CEO office, or the foundation first ?

You build the foundation first. But thats construction....

its the old chicken and egg argument.

my view is no matter the construction, you need a good qb or you dont have a chance. Getting a guaranteed good qb is big. You can have all the draft picks in the world but if you hit on ZERO qbs, like the last 30 years, your done. These opportunities dont come often.

You prefer to roll the dice and trust the draft. Not me. Ill give up draft pics for the qb this time

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

You build the foundation first. But thats construction....

its the old chicken and egg argument.

my view is no matter the construction, you need a good qb or you dont have a chance. Getting a guaranteed good qb is big. You can have all the draft picks in the world but if you hit on ZERO qbs, like the last 30 years, your done. These opportunities dont come often.

You prefer to roll the dice and trust the draft. Not me. Ill give up draft pics for the qb this time

I get it, and I struggle with it also... However, I finally think we have a GM that gets it, so for now, I'm going to go with what he thinks is best. I'm not sure how old you are, but in my name, I was 11 years old in Dec, or 68, before that Jan when I got to watch them win the SB. I don't remember much about it because I didn't have a big sports family growing up. But, that game made me a JET fan for life because I could say that MY team won the SB. (I regret it to this day lol). You're correct in one thing and that it does take a very good QB to win one. Example we've had a few good team since then that had the chance to but because of the QB, Todd/Sanchez, we didn't get it done. It is important. This team however is so far from the talent those 2 teams had, that as good as Watson is, I'm not sure it's going to matter if like all you guys say that the draft doesn't produce instant talent. Well I might believe that if we didn't have as many picks as we have in the next 2 years and maybe even more if we trade out of #2. If we get rid of them for Watson, we'll still be in the same boat. This time around I want to build a team, and then get the great QB. Again it's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

I get it, and I struggle with it also... However, I finally think we have a GM that gets it, so for now, I'm going to go with what he thinks is best. I'm not sure how old you are, but in my name, I was 11 years old in Dec, or 68, before that Jan when I got to watch them win the SB. I don't remember much about it because I didn't have a big sports family growing up. But, that game made me a JET fan for life because I could say that MY team won the SB. (I regret it to this day lol). You're correct in one thing and that it does take a very good QB to win one. Example we've had a few good team since then that had the chance to but because of the QB, Todd/Sanchez, we didn't get it done. It is important. This team however is so far from the talent those 2 teams had, that as good as Watson is, I'm not sure it's going to matter if like all you guys say that the draft doesn't produce instant talent. Well I might believe that if we didn't have as many picks as we have in the next 2 years and maybe even more if we trade out of #2. If we get rid of them for Watson, we'll still be in the same boat. This time around I want to build a team, and then get the great QB. Again it's just my opinion.

fair enough and im 50

• Upvote 1