Sounds like Russell Wilson’s camp is going scorched earth.

T0mShane

4 minutes ago, Beaver said:

There were other issues this season, too. Those close to Wilson feel as though the pillars upon which Carroll has built his program — namely competition and accountability — are applied only selectively, especially as it pertains to the coach and his sons. This past season, receivers coach Nate Carroll, who has worked under his father since 2010, stepped away from the job in frustration over his role, sources told The Athletic. Nate made his unhappiness known to players, sources said. For Wilson and those around him, the disruption validated a long-held complaint: Carroll, and by extension his sons, answer to no one.

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Geez....Russ’ camp just threw gasoline on the bridge and lit the match in a way even Deshaun Watson hasn’t done....idk if Russ gets his wish but it’s setting up to be a wild offseason

I also think his wife has a lot to do with pushing him out the door. They want to be this power couple in a big city where her career can thrive as well...similar to LaLa helping to push Carmelo Anthony to NY....

Sea OL has been abysmal for years so Russ has a legit gripe there...but he was also insulated from a lot of scrutiny during the LOB years and is starting to feel the heat now that he’s the lone star there....

It would take a massive haul to convince Sea not to force it to work...they are not a QB trade away from a full rebuild like Houston is...let’s see what happens

• Upvote 3

I don't really get Wilsons problem the Seahawks have always been ultra aggressive in trying to improve the team his whole career....they traded for Harvin, Brown, Clowney, and Adams....they brought in guys like Gordon drafted Metcalf...I mean they let Russ cook and he just ran around in circles and got hit a lot....oh well.   I think he's just a simp and his wife wants to move to NY or LA.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Geez....Russ’ camp just threw gasoline on the bridge and lit the match in a way even Deshaun Watson hasn’t done....idk if Russ gets his wish but it’s setting up to be a wild offseason

I also think his wife has a lot to do with pushing him out the door. They want to be this power couple in a big city where her career can thrive as well...similar to LaLa helping to push Carmelo Anthony to NY....

Sea OL has been abysmal for years so Russ has a legit gripe there...but he was also insulated from a lot of scrutiny during the LOB years and is starting to feel the heat now that he’s the lone star there....

It would take a massive haul to convince Sea not to force it to work...they are not a QB trade away from a full rebuild like Houston is...let’s see what happens

They still have to pay Jamal first. Haha, tee hee hee. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

His OL has been terrible for like 6 years now but yes I think this is the heart of the issue TBH 

Shoulda let Future keep her in the streets ??‍♂️

He's been in the league like 10 years and the team has won under 10 games once and that was 9.....If I was Seattle I would trade him to the Jets and teach him a lesson. lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

"Wilson said he wanted superstars on defense, more pieces on offense and young stars in the draft"

Every team wants that.   Of course, when you pay the QB 35+ million it gets harder to pay other super stars.   When you trade away multiple draft picks, it is harder to get young stars in the draft. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Apologies, but I’m not giving up my beer or Big pharma money for an Athletic subscription, but apparently there’s a new article out exposing the infighting between Wilson and Pete Carroll, which ends with the below quote:

1. Those Seattle picks just got juicier (Hiiiiiiiiiii Texans)

2. Have fun with Geno Smith at QB, Jamal Adams. You suck.

3. If anyone has a subscription to The Athletic, please post this. Seems like fun reading.

https://theathletic.com/2409212/2021/02/25/russell-wilson-trade-seahawks/

24F3622D-BEA8-42A6-AF16-271ECF8764C2.jpeg

Damn... If the jets get Watson and Seahawks lose Russ, Jamal head is going to explode ?????????

• Haha 3

1) Russ' wife wants NY for her music career

2) Russ' idol growing up was Derek Jeter

3) The Seattle First next year has a real good shot of being a high pick

4) If Houston wants #2 they may get competition from Seattle

5) Robert Saleh was the defensive quality control coach when the first 2 years of Wilson's career when they won the Super Bowl

6) Since the Jets are on his list I'd have to imagine he has liked the 49ers offense that he has had to play against twice a year

7) F*ck Jamal, I hope Seattle goes 0-16

All that said, I still prefer Deshaun over Wilson due to age but either way we'd get a top 3 QB

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

So Wilson and Schitty turned the Seahawks into essentially a one dimensional offense and he wonders why he didn’t have as much success as he wanted.  He’s got some beef with the team trading two first round picks for adams but those had nothing to do with his performance this season.

if he wants out, so what. He’s been there a decade and maybe it’s just time to move on.

• WTF? 1