Jump to content

Sounds like Russell Wilson’s camp is going scorched earth.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The cowardly Jamal Adams passive aggressive tweets about Zack Wilson would be ******* priceless 

What if.

Seattle will trade us Wilson for just the return of next year's Seattle pick, BUT - you have to be best friends with Jamal for 2 full weeks? You doing it?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jamal doesn’t deserve this level of dysfunction. Don’t they realize he has shit  show organization induced anxiety? 

Man, how long have you wanted to type that? 

By Michael-Shawn Dugar, Mike Sando and Jayson Jenks Days before a critical home game against the Cardinals, Russell Wilson met with members of the Seahawks’ coaching staff. It was a time of high

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

this is the type of person who says "Sam Darnold is good, Gase was the problem".

Point of fact Gase could be a problem and Darnold could suck.  I'm not sure what your opinion is but your characterization of my opinion is ass backwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Seriously I will never understand the logic of some on this forum, bash literal top 5 QBs, squash the achievements and tools of a talented rookie QB class BUT WILL DEFEND THE LITERAL WORST QB IN THE LEAGUE

Truly amazing stuff 

 

Which worst QB in the league did I defend and witch top 5 QB did I bash?  Seriously if you have an opinion of your own put it out and let's discuss it.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Then you give him 30 or 40 million a year.  What's the issue, exactly?  If the Jets draft Zach Wilson or Justin Fields and he works out, eventually he'll be making 45 million a year.  Yes, there'd be a delay on that, but there's also a good chance those guys won't work out, too.  QB's are risky and costly no matter what we do.  Might as well get used to it. 

We're in a unique position because we can afford a hit like that with relative ease.  

How do you think Seattle went to two SB and won 1 with Russ Wilson.  He was on a rookie contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Damn... If the jets get Watson and Seahawks lose Russ, Jamal head is going to explode 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And this would only really happen because of Jamal, Jets can't get Watson without those 2 Seattle trade picks and Seattle is now significantly hampered in drafting help to appease Wilson because they squandered the picks to acquire Jamal.

Let your noodle bake on that for a minute!!!

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King P said:

You said he couldn't run a passing offense predicated on short throws because of his height. I simply gave you a QB of similar height who can and you proceeded to move the goalposts

You made a fair point so I thought about it and elaborated.  They are both midget QB's.  Brees is a little taller but not much.  They do have completely different games.  Brees to his credit has been uniquely able to be a pocket passer and run a precision, rhythm passing game without a big arm and without traditional height for QB's that stand in the pocket.  Russ isn't that guy and never has been.  

I did move the goalpost and I stand by my position that Russ's game is based on holding the ball and letting the d breakdown.  I would not trade for him thinking in a year or two when he can't play that style he could be Drew Brees.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Russell Wilson has made 162 million in 9 seasons.  18 million per.  If he plays out his current contract it will be 232 in 12 seasons.  Brees has made 269 through 20 seasons.  Wilson is killing Brees in compensation over the course of his career by almost 5 million per. 

Yeah, but salary goes up every year so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That has a lot more due to with Pete Carroll and John Schneider prioritizing Safeties and ground & pound over passing the ball than it does with Russell Wilson.  

And even if you only look at Russ's career since getting paid, he's elite.  4 out of 5 10+ win seasons, 4 straight 30+ TD seasons and never more than 13 INT in a season.  

They won the SB with Defense and pounding the ball.  The were in position to win a second SB on ground and pound until the asked Wilson to throw a slant at the goal line.  

Wilson was very public that he wanted to be the highest paid QB in the NFL back in 2015.  Seattle unloaded a ton of talent and made Wilson the highest paid QB in the NFL.  They have been very good and in fact they have won running the ball and playing Defense along with Wilson carrying a much bigger load.  They haven't been nearly as good as when they had a great running game a great D and asked Wilson to do a lot less.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They won the SB with Defense and pounding the ball.  The were in position to win a second SB on ground and pound until the asked Wilson to throw a slant at the goal line.  

Wilson was very public that he wanted to be the highest paid QB in the NFL back in 2015.  Seattle unloaded a ton of talent and made Wilson the highest paid QB in the NFL.  They have been very good and in fact they have won running the ball and playing Defense along with Wilson carrying a much bigger load.  They haven't been nearly as good as when they had a great running game a great D and asked Wilson to do a lot less.

 

They won back when having a dominant defense was actually a thing.  It's not anymore.  Ground and pound really doesn't work anymore, either.  And paying your QB is just the reality of the league based on how its priorities and the rules have shifted.

So, knowing these realities, what's the plan for Seattle going forward, with or without Wilson?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Yeah, but salary goes up every year so it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Since 2015 Russ has made almost 20 million more than Brees.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How do you think Seattle went to two SB and won 1 with Russ Wilson.  He was on a rookie contract.

So what's the strategy then?  Draft a QB, ride with him for 5 years, then dump him and start over?  Sounds great in theory.  Problem is only about 12 or so guys on the planet can play the position at a high enough level to win a championship.  Once you have a QB, you have to pay him at the end of his deal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Wilson is a great, elite NFL QB.  He makes big plays in the passing game with his feet and scrambling.   I think he's taken a ton of punishment.  He looked out of it in the playoff game against the Rams and he clearly wasn't the MVP candidate down the stretch of the season that he was early in the season.  I think he's been concussed a number of times and I wouldn't invest a huge amount of draft capital and cap space in him at this point.

1. Certainly agree with this.  Live in Seattle and watch all Hawk games.  Wilson still does amazing things on a play to play basis.  But he is not the QB he was earlier in his career.

Maybe mobile QB's have a little bit of RB in them.  They take a lot of hits over time.  There's a reason RB's very often see a decline at around age 30.  The running QB's may have some of the same issues.

2.  Trading for Watson makes sense.  I think the cost will prove too high and the Jets won't do it.  But if they do, they will land an established QB entering his prime.  Wilson is already on the downside of his career.

3.  Article said Wilson represents 15% of the Hawks cap.  That's 30% of total dollars available to the offense.  How in the world are they supposed to compete for other offensive players in FA with that many $ off the table?  The only real path open to them is the draft.  That's what makes the JA trade an issue of lunacy.  They gave away half of their top 100 picks for the next 2 years.  How do you get the OL's you need with no picks available?

4.  The best argument for using our #2 on a QB is the salary cap.  You start the clock running again so that you can build your team before you have to hamstring it again with a too expensive QB contract.

5.  Maybe the model going forward is to give up on the "star" QB approach.  Other than Brady, all those other elite QB's haven't led their teams to the promised land.  Go with rookies and mid-level "journeyman" QBs.  Make the rest of the team a powerhouse and let them win the games.  There have only been a couple of examples of this.  But then, how many SBs have Rogers and Brees won.  Or Marino.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

rip

Who wants a 33 year old QB for the ransom it would take to get him here? Just get him out of Seattle and give us that top ten 2022 pick after they go 5-11 in 2021.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

I've admired him as a player for a long time but do we really want someone his age and making his money playing QB on our team?  I think not.  I'm concerned about the "it's someone else's fault" vibe.  And do we want to be reading about him and his wife on Page 6 every day?  That would be annoying, I think.

I like the dynamic of a vet leader like Wilson carrying the team as JD builds it through the draft and then when it is time to replace Wilson with a drafted QB, the team will be ready to carry the rookie QB while he learns on the fly. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Who wants a 33 year old QB for the ransom it would take to get him here? Just get him out of Seattle and give us that top ten 2022 pick after they go 5-11 in 2021.

right!? Lets stick with Sam and go 3-13 again!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No Jets, but the dream of him being traded and that pick going higher is still alive. 

That's basically a message to those 4 teams to 'come get me'. 

Yep. He's not coming here (that obviously seemed like a pipe dream all along) but him getting traded and the Seahawks possibly stinking in 2021 is feeling viable.

That division is stacked. Without Russ they could easily be 4th place.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, addage said:

5.  Maybe the model going forward is to give up on the "star" QB approach.  Other than Brady, all those other elite QB's haven't led their teams to the promised land.  Go with rookies and mid-level "journeyman" QBs.  Make the rest of the team a powerhouse and let them win the games.  There have only been a couple of examples of this.  But then, how many SBs have Rogers and Brees won.  Or Marino.

7 of the last 8 SB winners have featured star QB's.  Brady 4x, Mahomes, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson.  Foles being the lone exception.  

It sounds great to go all in with rookie deal QB's.  But very few of those work out, and then what?  Let him walk in free agency?

And the journeyman QB approach has failed miserably in the playoffs lately.  Especially last season.  The Rivers-led Colts, Tannehill-led Titans and Foles-led Bears all exited the playoffs in the 1st round despite loaded rosters.

You need an elite/2nd tier QB and you need to pay your QB once you have one. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:


 

no Jets 

Cowboys, Saints and Raiders are all dome teams that play in warm weather cities to start with. Saints have Sean Payton; Raiders have Chucky; and Cowboys have Jerry Jones' burning desire to win. But, the Bears? Is there a Matt Nagy connection I am not aware of? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

 

They won back when having a dominant defense was actually a thing.  It's not anymore.  Ground and pound really doesn't work anymore, either.  And paying your QB is just the reality of the way the league has shifted.  

So, knowing these realities, what's the plan for Seattle going forward, with or without Wilson?

Rebuild through the draft the same way the built their SB teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

7 of the last 8 SB winners have featured star QB's.  Brady 4x, Mahomes, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson.  Foles being the lone exception.  

It sounds great to go all in with rookie deal QB's.  But very few of those work out, and then what?  Let him walk in free agency?

And the journeyman QB approach has failed miserably in the playoffs lately.  Especially last season.  The Rivers-led Colts, Tannehill-led Titans and Foles-led Bears all exited the playoffs in the 1st round despite loaded rosters.

You need an elite/2nd tier QB and you need to pay your QB once you have one. 

In the Peyton win that was on the defense not Peyton.. Hell in the 9 games he played in that season he went 9 td's and 17 picks in the Bowl he had no td's and a pick..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Rebuild through the draft the same way the built their SB teams.

Not so easy.  Especially after dumping two 1sts and a 3rd for Jamal Adams.  And they they went and handed the GM who made that call an extension.  lmao.  

Their priorities have been completely out of whack for years now.  Paying Wilson really wasn't their biggest problem.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...