Sounds like Russell Wilson’s camp is going scorched earth.

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Cowboys, Saints and Raiders are all dome teams that play in warm weather cities to start with. Saints have Sean Payton; Raiders have Chucky; and Cowboys have Jerry Jones' burning desire to win. But, the Bears? Is there a Matt Nagy connection I am not aware of? 

First thing I thought of the Bears????? What was he thinking??

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In the Peyton win that was on the defense not Peyton.. Hell in the 9 games he played in that season he went 9 td's and 17 picks in the Bowl he had no td's and a pick..

He was still the same Peyton mentally in terms of running the offense and making great pre-snap decisions.  Peyton should have won at least 4 Super Bowls in his career.  He earned the right to be dragged to a win by his teammates for once.

And even when considering Peyton was broken down, it doesn't hurt the larger point.  It's ridiculously difficult to build a championship team around a C or worse QB.  The far more sustainable approach to being a perennial contender is finding and keeping an elite QB.  The Seahawks are dumb to be putting all their chips on Carroll/Schneider rather than letting Russell Wilson have some say in the direction of the organization.

There's a reason why QB's are paid a lot more than HC's and GM's....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not so easy.  Especially after dumping two 1sts and a 3rd for Jamal Adams.  And they they went and handed the GM who made that call an extension.  lmao.  

Their priorities have been completely out of whack for years now.  Paying Wilson really wasn't their biggest problem.  

If you take a look at Seattle when they hired Pete, Pete was coming off of one of the great runs of college recruiting in NCAA history.  He clearly cheated to get talent at USC but he had a book on every great up and coming player when Seattle hired him.  Seattle put together a couple of monster drafts including Wilson. 

There is no doubt the longer Pete was away from College recruiting the ability to duplicate those great early drafts diminished.  That doesn't change the fact that Wilson wanted to be the highest paid player in the NFL and the Seahawks actually did it and were forced to unload contracts.

The drafting hasn't been nearly as good and they haven't had the cap space since they had to sign Wilson to a mega contract and make decisions on who else they paid and who they cut.  Had they been able to replenish through the draft they wouldn't be where they are today.   I agree with you that their priorities have been out of whack but it's because the drafting hasn't been good and they have been restrained by the cap.  They both went hand in hand.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This is turning out to be a wild off-season.

When it’s all said and done, I’m thinking

1) Russell Wilson will be a Seahawk

2) Sam Darnold will be a Jet

3) Watson will be a Texan

4) Tua will be a Dolphin

But the speculation between now and then is going to be through the roof.

You're the guy who picks all four # 1 seeds to reach the Final 4 ever year, aren't you.  BORING!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

This is turning out to be a wild off-season.

When it’s all said and done, I’m thinking

1) Russell Wilson will be a Seahawk

2) Sam Darnold will be a Jet

3) Watson will be a Texan

4) Tua will be a Dolphin

But the speculation between now and then is going to be through the roof.

It is possible, but it is more than just smoke on all of them moving. I can see Houston trading Watson and us trading Darnold and think they are the most likely.

The article points out that Wilson is a me first douchenozzle, but I doubt they trade him.

Miami I believe is committed to Tua regardless. 

• Upvote 2

Here comes all the BS again.  :)

5 teams who are a perfect fit for Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson

By Matt Fitzgerald

Dec 24, 2017; Arlington, TX, USA; Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (4) meets with Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson (3) after a game at AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports

Russell Wilson is seemingly leaning toward finishing his NFL career with a different team. Based on the recent rumors around the Seattle Seahawks superstar, he’s looking to be traded either this offseason or soon thereafter.

Any team that doesn’t have an absolutely elite quarterback should be picking up the phone and hitting up Seahawks general manager John Schneider with a king’s ransom offer to acquire Wilson if he is, in fact, made available.

The latest buzz indicates Wilson has named New Orleans, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago, Dallas and the New York Jets as desired trade destinations. Instead of exploring all those here, we’ll focus on the best two and throw other sensible teams into the mix.

Here’s a look at the five teams that may not come to mind right away, but are an absolutely perfect fit for Wilson if he moves on from Seattle.

2 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I mean I'd probably just let Jamal try playing QB given that they're going to have to pay him QB money to not look stupid giving up 2 first. It can't be worse than his coverage and he's allergic to interceptions 

Nope wouldn't work, he wouldn't be able to catch the shotgun snaps.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

The latest buzz indicates Wilson has named New Orleans, Las Vegas, Miami, Chicago, Dallas and the New York Jets as desired trade destinations.

Imagine giving them their 1st rd picks back and Sam Darnold for Russell Wilson? We'd essentially have traded a box safety, who has hand of stone, and Sam USC Darnold for Mr. Unlimited. Lol 

• Haha 3

Wilson has aspirations after football that align with being in a bigger market like NY, Chicago, or Washington and the writing is starting to be on the wall in Seattle, you rarely see teams fall apart before they fall apart, but it happens all the time.

Me first guy on defense in Adams who didnt help their D at all, no first round pick to help the OL and like gonna lose Carson and KJ Wright.  Seattle is a 4 win team without Wilson and likely wont be able to get over the 10 win/first round hump with him.  Hes a smart guy and likely sees where this is going.

As Jet fans we should be thrilled with this development as one season with a rookie QB or someone like Bridgewater (8, Teddy and a 2022 first) would be great for our pick if we keep it OR we can leverage the possibility of them sucking in 2021 to increase the value of the pick to the Texans.

• Upvote 1

Report: Russell Wilson Wouldn't Consider Playing For Jets if Traded

MAX GOODMAN

5 HOURS AGO

If Russell Wilson is traded this offseason, or at any point going forward, the Jets are not on the list of teams he would be willing to play for. 

Wilson wants to play for the Seahawks, but if he did happen to wear another uniform, the only teams he's considering are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders and Bears, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

This comes just hours after a report from The Athletic revealed Wilson's camp had begun broaching different trade destinations for the star quarterback, who isn't thrilled with how much he's been sacked as a member of the Seahawks. 

"Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson has not demanded a trade, his agent Mark Rodgers told ESPN," Schefter tweeted. "Wilson has told the Seahawks he wants to play in Seattle but, if a trade were considered, the only teams he would go to are the Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears."

As has been the case in the rumors and discussions about Deshaun Watson throughout this offseason, everything comes down to the player's no-trade clause. Like Watson, Wilson has a no-trade clause in his contract and will have the final say in any sort of trade. 

Therefore, if Wilson has no interest in playing for Gang Green, then that ship has sailed. 

It's fun to banter about who could be under center in green and white next season, but realistically, New York's top two options are either sticking with Sam Darnold or taking a quarterback from this year's draft class. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/seattle-seahawks-quarterback-russell-wilson-wont-consider-playing-for-new-york-jets-if-traded

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

7 of the last 8 SB winners have featured star QB's.  Brady 4x, Mahomes, Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson.  Foles being the lone exception.  

It sounds great to go all in with rookie deal QB's.  But very few of those work out, and then what?  Let him walk in free agency?

And the journeyman QB approach has failed miserably in the playoffs lately.  Especially last season.  The Rivers-led Colts, Tannehill-led Titans and Foles-led Bears all exited the playoffs in the 1st round despite loaded rosters.

You need an elite/2nd tier QB and you need to pay your QB once you have one. 

Actually, your numbers support my point.  Mahomes and Wilson were on their rookie contracts when they won the SB.  Foles is the "journeyman type.  The "star" QBs are Manning and Brady.

My statement was that going the star route hasn't worked that well.  So, Brady won 4 and he was not a 1st round pick.  Manning once and 3 were won by rookie contracts and a journeyman.

You might want to think about those numbers when you want to bring in a Watson or Wilson with their big contracts.

FWIW, Seattle talk radio portrays the Athletic article as overstated to the point of inaccurate.  Gist was to ignore the article.  Felt that a lot of the statements were taken out of context and relationships are ok.

They were threading the needle of supporting Pete and supporting RW.  Logic seemed a little strained to me but they were firm in the belief that RW is going nowhere.

Seattle is a small town.  These guys all know each other.  They could be right.

1 hour ago, addage said:

FWIW, Seattle talk radio portrays the Athletic article as overstated to the point of inaccurate.  Gist was to ignore the article.  Felt that a lot of the statements were taken out of context and relationships are ok.

They were threading the needle of supporting Pete and supporting RW.  Logic seemed a little strained to me but they were firm in the belief that RW is going nowhere.

Seattle is a small town.  These guys all know each other.  They could be right.

I sorta hope so.  I want the Jets to build through the draft.  But I would love to see Wilson traded to another team and next year's pick become top 10.