Anyone see Kiper’s new mock?

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think the biggest problem that so many here on the forum have with keeping darnold and trading back, it’s not that we take pitts or chase.  It’s that there’s still an underlying assumption that a year from now the jets will still need a new qb.  It’s almost as if douglas is deferring the issue for a year, but odds are that darnold is not the answer even if they keep him and improve his surrounding talent.  And at this point, if douglas keeps darnold and doesn’t draft a qb, darnold is douglas’ qb even if he didn’t draft him.  And it’s a great question if douglas wants to be married to darnold.

Very fair, but we need a team.  Doesn’t matter who the QBs is without that.  Watson threw for a billion yards last year and won 2 more games.  Douglas is trying to get us a real roster 

• Upvote 4

With a trade to 4, we may get Fields or Wilson plus a 2nd and 3rd.  

If we have them equally rated, or good intel on who ATl wants, it's not a bad idea. 

Of course, we may get jumped for the QB, so it may turn out to be Chase or Sewell at 4 plus those extra picks.

Not the worst idea.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

Thats like saying you bang better than Sar. Likely true but not a bragging point

If we are going to use that beloved analogy for the tale of two Kyles... 

let's say Kyle Brady has in much in common with Kyle Pitts as 3 series BMW to an Aston Martin Valkyrie. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I mean, I want a QB, but Kyle Pitts is one of the best players in the draft in an offense that thrives with a good pass-catching TE. I wouldn't have an issue with the player, more about the plan or lack thereof regarding QB.

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from seeing him on the sidelines during Florida's Bowl game. I wonder how his team mates actually playing the game felt? I understand the reasoning but I don't like his "me 1st , f the team " thought process. 

• Upvote 1

I think the biggest problem that so many here on the forum have with keeping darnold and trading back, it’s not that we take pitts or chase.  It’s that there’s still an underlying assumption that a year from now the jets will still need a new qb.  It’s almost as if douglas is deferring the issue for a year, but odds are that darnold is not the answer even if they keep him and improve his surrounding talent.  And at this point, if douglas keeps darnold and doesn’t draft a qb, darnold is douglas’ qb even if he didn’t draft him.  And it’s a great question if douglas wants to be married to darnold.

If you don’t like the QB prospects this year why not defer? It makes no sense to draft a bad player just because you need that position. If Douglas drafts Wilson or Fields he immediately is tied to them. They fail, he loses his job. On the other hand he can defer one more year with Sam at the helm and build the team and draft a QB next year. With the news of SEA’s drama, next year’s pick from them may be a top 10. Coupled with our 1st next year, as well as a possibility of a third first round pick next year if we trade down from 2 this year, we’d be looking at 3 picks to use to take a QB next year. I personally think Wilson and Fields are trash prospects. Neither strikes me as a guy who will be a consistent to 15 QB. If Douglas and co feel the same then it makes all the sense in the world to punt the QB decision to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from seeing him on the sidelines during Florida's Bowl game. I wonder how his team mates actually playing the game felt? I understand the reasoning but I don't like his "me 1st , f the team " thought process. 

Yup, that went as a negative on him for me and then on tv they play a video message of him cheering for this team mates.  What baloney that was.

55 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That d bag is just poking fun at us Jets fans. He knows the history of Jets drafting TEs in the first round. He can go run naked backwards through a corn field.

Being a city kid, I have no idea - what happens when you do that? I gather the result is not pretty ....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

What if I told you Kyle Pitts frequently lined up out wide, like a 6’6, 240 lb WR. 

I like Kyle Pitts a lot.  But let's stop calling him a tight end.  He is an H-back and perhaps a large wideout like Chase Claypool.  He might be the dangerous player we seek.  He might be a third down player - or worse - a tweener.  He may lack a pro position.  Gotta look at these fellas from all angles.  One thing is certain.  I take Chase before the others and I take Sewell before any of them.   

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Johnny Mitchell, there's company out there for Brady, a crowd of dropped balls among Jets tight ends of the past.

Never say never but Kyle Pitts  is no ordinary tight end; he's a grade above any tight end that the Jets have drafted previously.

Mickey Shuler and Jerome Barkum. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I hate that.
People love Pitts and I get it to an extent, but I would be very upset if we took him at 4.  I would be upset if we took him in the Top 10.
Paye at 23 would be fine, but there are red flags with him.  Seems like Boom or bust to me.  Absolute stud athlete, but production in college was meh.  Some people say that is scheme, but still concerning.

Just out of curiosity, if pitts ended up playing similar to a young jimmy Graham would you still hate the pick or would that change your mind? I understand the team has lots of needs but game changers on offense are something we have none of this guy has the potential to be that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Corn field, corn on the cob ⬇ Stock Photo, Image by © actionbleem #28135327

The right height and angle wouldn't be pretty as one runs backwards naked. I'm from the burbs just outside of the city, but I've heard the reference used.

Well, have a crop duster aerial spray the field with melted butter beforehand, and we might be on to something here ... ?