Pauline: NYJ going to be big players in free agency and targeting Trey Hendrickson

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BLA BLA BLA. He said the same thing last year, Jack Conklin was a lock. 

I'd love if they signed this guy. Would be huge on this defense.

I don’t know much about this guy honestly but his highlights above did not look as impressive as one would think. I feel like some of those sacks were mainly coverage sacks. We do not have the seconda

Posted Images

Good to hear...

I believe this is an offseason where we should be aggressive in FA...If we can come away with Hendrickson, one of the top WRs(Not named JuJu), and one of the top OL I would view that as a slam dunk!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Not as excited about Hendrickson as most. I'm always weary of players that breakout during their contract years. Idk much about him but based on his stats he's never played 16 games and hasn't done anything remotely productive other than this past year. 13.5 sacks is impressive got to give credit where it's due but at the same time I don't think this is a slam dunk signing. I'm hoping we can land one of the Miami edge rushers at #23

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Not as excited about Hendrickson as most. I'm always weary of players that breakout during their contract years. Idk much about him but based on his stats he's never played 16 games and hasn't done anything remotely productive other than this past year. 13.5 sacks is impressive got to give credit where it's due but at the same time I don't think this is a slam dunk signing. I'm hoping we can land one of the Miami edge rushers at #23

I'm nervous about both Miami rushers -

• I forget where I heard this, so take it with a grain of salt, but most of Rousseau's sacks came against collegiate guards
  • Jaelan Philips has concussion issues, again take this grain of salt, but someone, somewhere, said he's 'one concussion away from being out of football'

And yea, Hendrickson, I mean, dude played opposite Cam Jordan. That also worries me. I love how Quinnen is developing, and think whomever we plug-in at edge will benefit from his disruptiveness, but Cam Jordan is far more established and dangerous (right now, at least). 

All things considered, I'm hoping the Bengals don't franchise/re-sign Lawson.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

As someone who thinks he knows quite a bit about the NFL and many players I have to say that Trey Hendrickson has flown way below the radar for me.  Not really familiar with him at all given I don't watch a ton of Saints games and the guys I first think of on that D are Demario Davis, Lattimore, Jenkins, etc.

Hendrickson seems solid and he's only 26, but last year and his 13.5 sacks are a real aberration for him.  Seems like he played great in a contract year but what took him so long to get going?  And, based on his number of tackles it seems like he was used situationally, otherwise if he was a playing a lot of snacks that's a pretty low tackle count.

510116790_ScreenShot2021-02-25at10_00_16PM.png.f3b5c7d015e4823f3ca9d1bd1e281f52.png

• Upvote 3

This is not macc running the show we are not laying top dollar for coverage sacks...we saw last year with jenkins...Joe knows how to fairly evaluate  players and when not to over pay. 

I'm all for paying big money to a sack guy, just should be an actually  sacks guy

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually the best defensive player we should target is a guy on our own roster CJ Mosley. If he returns and is the player he used to be it’s a big deal because he was an impact player. 

We don’t have to “target” him considering he’s on the team already 

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, SR24 said:

That’s why Hendrickson is going to be 13MM a year. If he backs it up again he’s probably looking for 20MM+ next year.  

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

As someone who thinks he knows quite a bit about the NFL and many players I have to say that Trey Hendrickson has flown way below the radar for me.  Not really familiar with him at all given I don't want a ton of Saints games and the guys I first think of on that D are Demario Davis, Lattimore, Jenkins, etc.

Hendrickson seems solid and he's only 26, but last year and his 13.5 sacks are a real aberration for him.  Seems like he played great in a contract year but what took him so long to get going?  And, based on his number of tackles it seems like he was used situationally, otherwise if he was a playing a lot of snacks that's a pretty low tackle count.

510116790_ScreenShot2021-02-25at10_00_16PM.png.f3b5c7d015e4823f3ca9d1bd1e281f52.png

Watch that highlight of all the sacks he had from last year. It's not impressive at all. Would be a huge mistake IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Hendrickson would be a dream. The top two options seem to be he and Car Lawson. I think Lawson will get franchise tagged and I think Hendrickson will have a robust market. Unfortunately I think landing him is a little too good to be true. 

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry but I didn't see  a guy who overpowered anyone 3/4 of those sacks were plays where the QB runs into the defender or is stopped a foot behind the line. The one true Reggie white type sack seemed to happen in only 1 of those dozen or so, it was the one against Mahones or whatever his name is on KC

• Upvote 1