Pauline: NYJ going to be big players in free agency and targeting Trey Hendrickson

GreekJet

16 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I completely agree, but I have a feeling Saleh is going edge with the 23rd pick. If he signs a guy in FA that may turn into a WR in the draft. I would go after the GB center, WR, Edge and Corner in FA. Whatever position gets left out from getting a premium player I would address in the first 3 picks in the draft-  assuming we don't land Watson (which I really, really hope we do). If no Watson, go QB, WR, Guard (assuming we sign an edge and corner).

If he does that would suck.  There’s gonna be a bunch of can’t miss WRs available at 23 and we desperately need WR

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, Untouchable said:

I’m saying they can do both.

Let’s say the Jets make Hendrickson, JuJu and Linsley their big 3 free agent signings. Then they use the bulk of the remaining cap space to re-sign Maye, add a veteran RB to the backfield, CB and LB depth, etc.

Then come draft time they have at least 3 picks in the Top 35, two 3rd’s, a 4th, two 5th’s...you’re telling me they can’t further improve the offense with that kind of capital?

They absolutely can and I strongly suspect they will.

Totally agree, look at the sb winner this year, for all the accolades Brady and the offense gets, the Tb defense and pass rush won that game. 

Oh, really?  A team with like six guys under contract, only nine draft picks and close to $100 mil in cap space will be active in free agency? More big scoops from Tony.

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, Ghost said:

I don’t know much about this guy honestly but his highlights above did not look as impressive as one would think. I feel like some of those sacks were mainly coverage sacks. We do not have the secondary for coverage sacks here. 

I watched those highlights and thought: Mark Gastineau would earn $56M a year. 

• Upvote 2

As someone who thinks he knows quite a bit about the NFL and many players I have to say that Trey Hendrickson has flown way below the radar for me.  Not really familiar with him at all given I don't want a ton of Saints games and the guys I first think of on that D are Demario Davis, Lattimore, Jenkins, etc.
Hendrickson seems solid and he's only 26, but last year and his 13.5 sacks are a real aberration for him.  Seems like he played great in a contract year but what took him so long to get going?  And, based on his number of tackles it seems like he was used situationally, otherwise if he was a playing a lot of snacks that's a pretty low tackle count.

510116790_ScreenShot2021-02-25at10_00_16PM.png.f3b5c7d015e4823f3ca9d1bd1e281f52.png

Go watch his video of all his sacks, you’ll see. He’s total fools gold, absolutely nothing athletic about him creating sacks. Almost all of them are Covg sacks it’s rather astonishing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Go watch his video of all his sacks, you’ll see. He’s total fools gold, absolutely nothing athletic about him creating sacks. Almost all of them are Covg sacks it’s rather astonishing.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Are we supposed to be going after him for sacks or for fit/motor?  I don't see much as a natural fast twitch pass rusher, but there seems to be plenty to like. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

BLA BLA BLA. He said the same thing last year, Jack Conklin was a lock. 

Honestly since the Bradway crew was thrown to the curb, Pauline's been not much better than the rest of us... I mean he still is plugged in with the community and such, but as for having inside intel with the Jets..... Hasn't been that way since Macc farted his way in the building

On 2/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Shelbyblue said:

Just listening to Hendrickson on SXM , the host Aquib Talib was basically telling him to sign with the Jets and Saleh will make him a star. We really got a coach that every player wants play for.

Pass rush and Oline seem like likely areas to see a good chunk of money poured into. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 2/27/2021 at 5:50 AM, Philc1 said:

If he does that would suck.  There’s gonna be a bunch of can’t miss WRs available at 23 and we desperately need WR

I agree - but if we go edge that probably means we signed a #1 receiver and couldn't sign an edge. I do think if we draft a QB we'll need to draft a receiver early. If we sign Watson it will be easier to sign a #1 receiver in FA.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m not big on Trey Hendrickson, I don’t know too much about him other than his 13.5 sacks season last year. He was never much of a player until now. I’m very weary of one hit wonders.

Carl Lawson is the guy I really want. Perfect scheme fit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I thought today was the official deadline?

When I can know whether they've let my boy Carl Lawson hit the open market?

Think it’s 4pm. Lots of interesting guys haven’t been tagged yet - Lawson among them. Expect to have my heart broken.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2021 at 5:20 PM, FlightBoyz said:

Hendrickson would be solid signing. Guy would do great in Saleh's system.

Another guy with a "system" ??? I sure as hell hope not.  You have unique *players* and from their respective qualities, comes your function... 

Is Saleh another cement head with a shoe box full of plays ???

• 2 years later...