Can Morgan become the next Brady?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stay tuned. (JD saw something, right?).

This is so unbelievably stupid, I would rather have a conversation with mice.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Johnny Unitas was a 8th pick by the Steelers and cut and the Colts picked him up..B)

Worse, Unitas was actually a 9th round pick and the Steelers cut him in camp!

10 hours ago, GreekJet said:

The only reason why Brady was a 6th round pick was because Michigan signed Drew Henson who was the top recruit in the country. Lloyd Carr was under a ton of pressure to play him which led to Brady being overlooked. 

The transfer portal makes another Brady situation unlikely. Twenty years ago nobody might have ever heard of Joe Burrow if he was stuck at Ohio St behind Dwayne Haskins and Justin Fields. 

Excellent point about Brady. He actually did quite well at Michigan and probably deserved a higher draft position.  But that was a strange QBs year anyway with chaddy being the first one taken.

As for Morgan, I think his drafting can be read a couple of ways. Way one is Douglas was happy with darnold and saw Morgan to be a project and even a back up. That alone may not have made him worth a 4th round pick. Way two is Douglas did see something in Morgan that made him believe the guy could be something special.  Hopefully we’ll all see Morgan on the field this season.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Worse, Unitas was actually a 9th round pick and the Steelers cut him in camp!

Warner tops that. Undrafted, cut by Packers and signed off the Arena Football League. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Warner tops that. Undrafted, cut by Packers and signed off the Arena Football League. 

Good one, forget that Warner was cut.

When you think about it though, 9th round picked QB is pretty much the same as an undrafted player 😎

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Good one, forget that Warner was cut.

When you think about it though, 9th round picked QB is pretty much the same as an undrafted player 😎

Yes definitely. I always thought Unitas was taken in the 30 something round lol. Or maybe that was Keith Hernandez. 41st round. Wow.

• Upvote 1

Have any of you even seen Morgan play ? I have and the guy is a baller,he can make all the throws very Accurately is very mobile and very smart.
Is he going to be a Tom Brady, of course not, she is a one in a lifetime QB. Yet, Morgan has all the tools to be an NFL QB, the question becomes can he and will he. I still find it very interesting that we have heard so little news or information on his progress. As others have stated, JD has seen something, I have as well, in his skills. We shall know soon as we get closer to mini camps and training camp. Of course preseason and actual game action will tell all of us a great deal. Yet, I’m of them opinion that many fans are dismissing his abilities out of hand, without really having seen him play.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

The reason Brady has been ub3rl33t all these years is because of being able to see the play pre-snap, patience (taking what the defense will give him in the form of checkdowns and swing passes his entire career), and consistently playing on strong to great teams year in and year out. Morgan being able to throw the ball has absolutely nothing to do with Brady.

For some of the good that JD has done, this is one of his most glaring mistakes. It was a mind-numbingly stupid pick when JD made it, it got worse as the season went on when Morgan couldn't even beat out 78 year old Flacco and whoever else was ahead of him on the depth chart, and it's even more of a stupid pick now given that we're going to be drafting or trading for another QB. 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Excellent point about Brady. He actually did quite well at Michigan and probably deserved a higher draft position.  But that was a strange QBs year anyway with chaddy being the first one taken.

As for Morgan, I think his drafting can be read a couple of ways. Way one is Douglas was happy with darnold and saw Morgan to be a project and even a back up. That alone may not have made him worth a 4th round pick. Way two is Douglas did see something in Morgan that made him believe the guy could be something special.  Hopefully we’ll all see Morgan on the field this season.

A little bit of luck would be nice.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Morgan is just as good as Brady. All we need to do is surround him with great coaching and an offense like Tampa's, and then "profit" or something. 

There are no great QBs. Only great teams around otherwise-equal QBs. 

I don't know about that brother. Are you pulling our legs?

• Confused 1
The reason Brady has been ub3rl33t all these years is because of being able to see the play pre-snap, patience (taking what the defense will give him in the form of checkdowns and swing passes his entire career), and consistently playing on strong to great teams year in and year out. Morgan being able to throw the ball has absolutely nothing to do with Brady.
For some of the good that JD has done, this is one of his most glaring mistakes. It was a mind-numbingly stupid pick when JD made it, it got worse as the season went on when Morgan couldn't even beat out 78 year old Flacco and whoever else was ahead of him on the depth chart, and it's even more of a stupid pick now given that we're going to be drafting or trading for another QB. 

Well let’s see Flacco has won a super bowl, James Morgan was a 4th round pick, OMG he couldn’t beat out old joe after 3months in the weirdest preseason and season in NFL history. Why don’t you see the guy in game action before posting stuff like this, then If he craps the pot call him a bust.

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Well let’s see Flacco has won a super bowl, James Morgan was a 4th round pick, OMG he couldn’t beat out old joe after 3months in the weirdest preseason and season in NFL history. Why don’t you see the guy in game action before posting stuff like this, then If he craps the pot call him a bust.

He never competed with anyone at QB.

31 minutes ago, fltflo said:

I know this might be a stupid thread, but I am curious about this guy.

4 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I know this might be a stupid thread, but I am curious about this guy.

I think a lot of us are curious. Hopefully there will be a more normal training camp and pre season so we can at least see him play.

All I heard about Chad before he played was how disappointing he was and then he came out like a house of fire (before he got hurt). I wouldn’t write Morgan off. Although I would not expect much either.