The Sharps Know Watson Will Be a Jet

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I cannot see Urban trading for Watson and letting Watson soak up all the credit for any Jaguars success that may occur moving forward. If the Jags do well, Urban is going to need the story to be about him, not any player they bought.

Right!  Everyone knows 2 of his 3 titles were with someone else's recruits. lol

Nah, but I've got some connections over there....it was part of the deal.  Shad wants Sunshine.  It's the reason he kept Marrone but stripped him down to nothing in the process.  Shad also had a huge investment deal shot down by the city and I hear he feels a superstar like Lawrence will help to advance his proposals one of them being a renovated stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Deshaun Watson will waive his no-trade clause to play for the Jets, but he also hates the Jets, will be shocked to find out that they have no talent (because he doesn’t have internet access) and also he will hold out for a new contract and also he will hate New York style pizza. He will also probably be the Gilgo Beach killer. 

It's unfortunate that no one caught this. To be fair to DW, if he ends up hating NY style pizza, I'd like him even more than I already do. Come up to CT - I can show you at least 5 places better than anything in the entire state of NY. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It's unfortunate that no one caught this. To be fair to DW, if he ends up hating NY style pizza, I'd like him even more than I already do. Come up to CT - I can show you at least 5 places better than anything in the entire state of NY. 

Pepe’s white clam pie is pretty damn good. 

Are you describing Deshaun Watson or the entitled wee lad from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? 
That a good question...

... allow me to retort ...

Entitled wee boy from Morman Tabernacle Choir vs Disgruntled Selfdeserving Underachieving Crybaby Hundred Millionaire ?

Sounds like Darnold is the best option when you put it like that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That a good question...

Entitled wee boy from Morman Tabernacle Choir vs Disgruntled Selfdeserving Underachieving Crybaby Hundred Millionaire ?

Sir Deshaun Watson has won titles in both high school and college and was the top rated passer in football last year on a team of dregs. Can you explain what you mean by “underachieving” thx

• Upvote 1

Maholmes, Brady, Wilson, Rogers, Stafford, Allen, ... now that Brees is done I guess Watson around here w/ Lamar.

Hes a good QB... buy you still need to build the team around him as is evidenced by the 4-12 record... giving up 3 1st round picks . I dont like that deal especially considering 31 million a year .. which hurts the free agency capabilities.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Maholmes, Brady, Wilson, Rogers, Stafford, Allen, ... now that Brees is done I guess Watson around here w/ Lamar.

Hes a good QB... buy you still need to build the team around him as is evidenced by the 4-12 record... giving up 3 1st round picks . I dont like that deal especially considering 31 million a year .. which hurts the free agency capabilities.

Mahomes, Brady, and Rodgers - sure.  Brady will be 44 to start the season, Rodgers will be 38, both have gotten much better than their age 25 season, and I wonder what Watson could have done with the coaching, talent, and protection that Mahomes has enjoyed (you saw what he did in the Super Bowl when he didn't have protection), but yea, you've got those 3.

Matt Stafford is not better than Deshaun Watson.

Josh Allen has had 1 really good season, and did it behind a better o-line than Watson's ever had.  He would need to repeat what he did last year to be ranked ahead of Watson, who has produced for 3.5 years now and is just a year older.

No one thinks Lamar Jackson is on Deshaun Watson's level at this point in their careers.

The caps hits that come with Watson will be a huge discount when you look at the contracts Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, etc will be signing very soon.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, Dunnie said:

That a good question...

Calling Zach Wilson an "entitled wee boy" would be like calling Jamal Adams and Pat Mahomes "urban youth underdogs from disenfranchised and underserved communities". It's okay to not know things but compounding it by shouting how much you don't know from a rooftop is the greater sin.

• Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Name the quarterback that would have had a better record with that team last year.

I'm going to get an early jump on this: You're wrong.

31 million a year is an absolute steal for the best QB in football.

If Joe Douglass can't build a team with the normal allotment of draft picks then he should have been fired yesterday.

• Upvote 1

Name the quarterback that would have had a better record with that team last year.
I'm going to get an early jump on this: You're wrong.
31 million a year is an absolute steal for the best QB in football.
If Joe Douglass can't build a team with the normal allotment of draft picks then he should have been fired yesterday.

Yeah. . Here is my early jump ... 31 mill anually plus losing 3 1st round picks in the process .. maybe more .. is ludicrous ... please see Herschel Walker ... Dallas used the picks from that trade to build a powerhouse ... w smith, Woodson, Maryland ... meanwhile the Vikings who forfeited the farm ... what did they do ???

Mahomes, Brady, and Rodgers - sure.  Brady will be 44 to start the season, Rodgers will be 38, both have gotten much better than their age 25 season, and I wonder what Watson could have done with the coaching, talent, and protection that Mahomes has enjoyed (you saw what he did in the Super Bowl when he didn't have protection), but yea, you've got those 3.
Matt Stafford is not better than Deshaun Watson.
Josh Allen has had 1 really good season, and did it behind a better o-line than Watson's ever had.  He would need to repeat what he did last year to be ranked ahead of Watson, who has produced for 3.5 years now and is just a year older.
No one thinks Lamar Jackson is on Deshaun Watson's level at this point in their careers.
The caps hits that come with Watson will be a huge discount when you look at the contracts Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, etc will be signing very soon.
Matt Stafford is at least on par ... it s not even debatable ... please check Staffords stats.

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah. . Here is my early jump ... 31 mill anually plus losing 3 1st round picks in the process .. maybe more .. is ludicrous ... please see Herschel Walker ... Dallas used the picks from that trade to build a powerhouse ... w smith, Woodson, Maryland ... meanwhile the Vikings who forfeited the farm ... what did they do ???

• LB Jesse Solomon
  • LB David Howard
  • CB Issiac Holt
  • DE Alex Stewart
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Solomon)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional on cutting Howard)
  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Holt)
  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (condition met by trading away Nelson)
  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional on cutting Stewart)

For a running back. We need to stop comparing and judge each situation on it's own. You'll never do anything if you're constantly comparing things to other disasters. The Titanic would have ended shipping. The first plane crash would have ended aeronautics. I would have never have had sex a second time.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1