Nightmare scenario: What does JD do in the draft and free agency if Deshaun Watson ends up in Miami?

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Huh, your all over the place man. Can you explain to me how me saying the closest example was Cutler being a reason to NOT trade for WATSON? You are quite sensitive over this topic man, you're really reaching on this one bud. 

You are exaggerating.  My point is this: Using Cutler as an example as to why the Jets should not trade for Cutler is bubble-headed nonsense.  That's it.

Just now, Dcat said:

You are exaggerating.  My point is this: Using Cutler as an example as to why the Jets should not trade for Cutler is bubble-headed nonsense.  That's it.

Yes, I agree completely, Cutler trade not working out is a terrible reason to not trade for Watson. If anyone said that was a reason to not trade for Watson, I would agree with your sensitivity, I haven't seen anyone say anything close to that.

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yes, I agree completely, Cutler trade not working out is a terrible reason to not trade for Watson. If anyone said that was a reason to not trade for Watson, I would agree with your sensitivity, I haven't seen anyone say anything close to that.

It was used in this thread as a reason to avoid Watson.   Laughable.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

What is watson's playoff record ?

What was his record last year ?

How much will it take to get him ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Watson in 3 playoff games.  63.49%, 4TD 1 INT, 91 QBR,  168 yards rushing, 2 rushing TD's.   That includes he's horrible playoff loss in second year when he took the Texans to the playoffs with a record of 11 and 5.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It depends on how much they  give up. He couldn’t get to the SB in Houston surrounded by talent on both sides of the ball so he’s not doing it here alone. 

Poor coaching, terrible OL, missing run game and a deteriorating defense ruined any chances he had in Houston. Despite Watt and Mercilus, the Houston defense has been pretty bad during Watson's time.  He needs new scenery.  We have enough picks to get him and provide a better OL and defense.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Poor coaching, terrible OL, missing run game and a deteriorating defense ruined any chances he had in Houston. Despite Watt and Mercilus, the Houston defense has been pretty bad during Watson's time.  He needs new scenery.  We have enough picks to get him and provide a better OL and defense.

Not with what some posters/people think they should give up. 2021 •  2- 1st, 2nd, 2022 • 1st, 2023 • 1st etc plus players. 

I don’t want them giving up more then one first this year, a second and a second or third the following year. And who knows how Watson is going to be here. Is he not going to be happy with the FO and decide he wants out after a few years? Then the team has no QB and a bunch of wasted picks. Too many eggs in one basket IMO. 

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Not with what some posters/people think they should give up. 2021 •  2- 1st, 2nd, 2022 • 1st, 2023 • 1st etc plus players. 

I don’t want them giving up more then one first this year, a second and a second or third the following year. And who knows how Watson is going to be here. Is he not going to be happy with the FO and decide he wants out after a few years? Then the team has no QB and a bunch of wasted picks. Too many eggs in one basket IMO. 

I don't think JD would but if they sell the farm for Watson I don't want to ever hear he has no weapons..:eek:

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

No but he got stats in trash time with KC in the preven

This is incorrect.  His stat line was built up when they were either leading or still in the game.  Houston got blitzed in the second half.  Watson didn’t turn the ball over and he lead the Texans down the field for scores when they were either leading or in the game.