Rashod Bateman at 23?

Philc1

3 hours ago, win4ever said:

At that speed, I'm back on the Bateman train.  He has some issues to clean up for sure, but I'm a sucker for receivers that have good route stems.  I would love to hear his 3 cone time as well.  

Do you trust that the numbers are from a training facility that he pays to train at? I'm skeptical if the team scouts aren't the ones doing the times. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

Do you trust that the numbers are from a training facility that he pays to train at? I'm skeptical if the team scouts aren't the ones doing the times. 

I'd like to see the others put up some numbers too because it's all going to be inflated this year.  But if he has even say 4.45 speed, I'm onboard, but that's because I think some of his issues can be fixed.  He has a false step at the snap, which limits his ability to get clean releases.  I think that's why he looks slow on tape at times because he doesn't explode out of his stance.  I thought Jefferson had a mini version of this problem at LSU, where at times he'd have a false step before moving off the line, but he didn't do it like every play with Bateman,  If that can be coached out, I think he could be a really good guy.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

This is going to be the biggest problem this year in trying to get accurate metrics.  There is a reason guys typically run faster at pro days than the combine.   At least the combine provides electronic timed drills and they are all on the same surface.   

As far as Bateman goes, I’d be more surprised if he ran sub 4.4 than when Claypool put up his surprising times last year.  

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This is going to be the biggest problem this year in trying to get accurate metrics.  There is a reason guys typically run faster at pro days than the combine.   At least the combine provides electronic timed drills and they are all on the same surface.   

As far as Bateman goes, I’d be more surprised if he ran sub 4.4 than when Claypool put up his surprising times last year.  

Interesting comparison - I know it’s not stylistic. I thought Claypool looked slow too. Obviously the time didn’t raise him too far, and clearly he looked quite good last year.

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Maybe it's ND, but I swear I was surprised by St. Brown, Boykin, and Claypool on their 40 times.  It's actually part of the reason why I wasn't as high on Claypool last year, because they seem to have all these guys that can run track speed, but the offense is slow as hell.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/28/2021 at 7:31 AM, sec101row23 said:

Bateman 4.39 40

Not bad for a “slow” WR

• 2 weeks later...