Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson?

Mike135

Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer? Russell or Deshaun?

• Russell Wilson
    • Deshaun Watson

I knew Watson would be leading, but I didn't expect it to be such an overwhelming majority.  I'll play devil's advocate.

Wilson is 32, not 40.  With the way quarterbacks are trending, he should have a good 6-8 years of high level play left.  He's a Superbowl winner.  He's been extremely durable throughout his entire career.

Watson has more ACL tears than playoffs victories in his career.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Over Watson?

LOL

Why is is so hard for people to fuggin understand that we are not signing Watson as a free agent and that comes at TREMENDOUS cost. It is not as simple as  Watson > Wilson. It's whether the entirety of the situation is better. And trading for Watson is not better overall.

• Upvote 2

I went with Watson because he’s the younger player.

But Wilson is better and he’s a better fit for the northeast. Watson doesn’t throw the ball with great velocity. So December and January games in places like NE, Buffalo and NJ will be tough. He’s only played like 1 game in sub 40 degree weather. I doubt Wilson has played many also but he has a stronger arm and can spin it through high winds.

But it’s still an easy decision if the trade package is the same. Watson all the way.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I went with Watson because he’s the younger player.

But Wilson is better and he’s a better fit for the northeast. Watson doesn’t throw the ball with great velocity. So December and January games in places like NE, Buffalo and NJ will be tough. He’s only played like 1 game in sub 40 degree weather. I doubt Wilson has played many also but he has a stronger arm and can spin it through high winds.

But it’s still an easy decision if the trade package is the same. Watson all the way.

The Texans won’t answer the phone to hear trade proposals for Deshaun Watson and the star quarterback is willing to miss regular season games if he’s not dealt.

In other words, the standoff between the franchise and their unhappy quarterback continues.

ESPN.com reported on Friday that Watson is willing to lose big money by sitting out if Houston refuses to move him and the relationship is beyond repair. 

“He could incur $3 million-plus in fines during that process, but he does not care. I’m told the relationship is simply too far gone right now,” ESPN reporter Jeremy Fowler said. 

This report came hours after NFL Network reported that teams have resorted to leaving voicemails with the Texans since they are unwilling to engage in trade talks.

Watson, 25, signed a four-year, $156 million extension last season, but has felt disrespected by the Texans not consulting him on key decisions, such as hiring Nick Caserio as GM and trading star wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins last spring.

NFL Network has also reported that the Texans don’t feel there are any deadlines to make a trade, such as the start of free agency (March 17) or 2021 NFL Draft (April 29). Teams that would like to be involved, like the Jets, Dolphins and Panthers, also don’t believe Watson will get dealt.

Nobody has blinked yet. 

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Why is is so hard for people to fuggin understand that we are not signing Watson as a free agent and that comes at TREMENDOUS cost. It is not as simple as  Watson > Wilson. It's whether the entirety of the situation is better. And trading for Watson is not better overall.

Why can some that dont want to make a trade for Watson need to say stuff like this?  You think we dont know it would take a trade?  We all are aware of this.  We dont want to give away picks but Watson is a guranteed, fully developed NFL QB.  Wilson is a wing and a prayer. Maybe a NFL QB, maybe or most likely, not.  Given the numerous posts where I've said I'm not overpaying, that I make a reasonable deal only why the need to cloud the waters, to make a trade into a one sided deal for the Texans.

We have the only pick in the entire draft after Jax that guarantees that pick.  Want Wilson on Fields, Lance or Jones?  Its only the Jets who guarantee that player.

If we dont like the trade, we can say no you know.  

• Upvote 1

i went with wilson for the simple fact that it sounds like his wife wants a modeling career and ny has enough aura and exposure to help that along.  i get that watson is 5 years younger but having a qb that wants to be in ny can be better than a qb who will cut and run after 3 or so seasons.

Just now, rangerous said:

i went with wilson for the simple fact that it sounds like his wife wants a modeling career and ny has enough aura and exposure to help that along.  i get that watson is 5 years younger but having a qb that wants to be in ny can be better than a qb who will cut and run after 3 or so seasons.

I think Wilson is 7 years older.  32 vs 25.

Though I'd imagine Wilson has at least a decent contract (5+ years) left in the tank of top notch play.