Dowell Loggains gets a job

I was just about to post this. He goes from NFL offensive coordinator (sorta, maybe, like, 4 games) to Penn State’s Offensive Analyst. 

nothng screams “I never deserved to coach that high in the pros, no, I never belonged here” more than that.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I've often wondered what consultants actually consult about. I guess it could be anything.  In this case, like maybe the best clipboards to get at Office Depot? The best value in coffee makers?

Should have hired Macc for that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

In fairness to him, the offense did (at times) look better when he was calling the plays.

It did but what was really worse is that after the success Gase started calling plays and acting like it was Loggains still calling them, and it was clear he wasn't. Although the offense still sucked it was vastly better when he actually called plays. The incompetence of Gase is truly beyone belief.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

I've often wondered what consultants actually consult about. I guess it could be anything.  In this case, like maybe the best clipboards to get at Office Depot? The best value in coffee makers?

My understanding is that the NCAA limits the # of coaches. Consultants are not allowed to participate in practices or recruitment. They generally game plan, scout and work with the coaches. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:
Good for him, I believe his buddy Gase is still collecting unemployment checks however.

Or the balance of his Jets contract, which is probably more than most of us will make in a lifetime. But, yeah. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was just about to post this. He goes from NFL offensive coordinator (sorta, maybe, like, 4 games) to Penn State’s Offensive Analyst. 

nothng screams “I never deserved to coach that high in the pros, no, I never belonged here” more than that.

Wrong. See Adam Gase right now.