Mike Tannenbaum: Daniel Jones 'clearly ahead' of Sam Darnold

Bronx

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Well, that's not true. If it were we'd be talking about Trevor Lawrence.

By contrast I think Darnold was like the 34th ranked QB -- suggesting there were backups better than him.

We got boned twice due to the ineptitude of Goff and Mayfield.

No way we were better than the Jags.

The Coples pick is even more unforgivable when you take into account that 99% of the fanbase was screaming for Melvin Ingram.

Yes. Plus anyone who’s trades for Tim Tebow shouldn’t be an NFL GM. We went from contender to laughing stock within a year because of his poor drafting, trades and free agent signings. This is the last person you want evaluating players.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes. Plus anyone who’s trades for Tim Tebow shouldn’t be an NFL GM. We went from contender to laughing stock within a year because of his poor drafting, trades and free agent signings. This is the last person you want evaluating players. That draft set us back a long time

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

You can play the "fluke game" thing with our Raiders, and first patriots loss as well. I'd say it's easier to flip those to wins than it is to flip the Browns and Rams to losses. 

On 2/28/2021 at 5:58 PM, peebag said:

I think we were pretty clearly better. Beat two playoff teams, should have won two more games (Raiders/Pats.) The Jets sucked but they were closer to a run of the mill crap 4-12 team than a winless team.

Tannebaum has also said he would trade the 4 first round picks in 2021 and 2022 along with Q or Bechton to the Texans for Watson.

We should all be glad he is on ESPN giving luke warm takes then in Florham Park burning our draft capital.

• Post of the Week 1

The difference between Darnold and Jones is pretty marginal so I would disagree with Jones being "clearly ahead."

Rookie Darnold was clearly ahead of third year Darnold.  That comparison is much more valuable to me, and I would assume Douglas and his team as well.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:40 AM, oatmeal said:

Sam zombies be like: 

“No, no no!!!! These guys are just silly, Sam cannot be criticized or held accountable for anything(including college) up until this point because of the evil and powerful Adam Gase.

Silly writer you’ll see when we get Sam some weaponZ and a RT, he will magically fix all the flaws in his game like reading defenses, throwing accurate passes, not turning the ball over etc 

Even though Sam’s the worst QB in the league, his contract is expiring and the league is going through unprecedented QB turnover, we should stick with Darnold.

But hey, maybe we can bring in another teams toss away like Bridgewater or Jimmy G because why go for a cheap high upside rookie or Deshaun?

On top of that Sam is such a good kid he will say all the right things but do all the wrong things on the football field. 

Don’t ever bad mouth The Great Sam, he needs all the help he can get, even though he was the #3 overall pick and should be elevating the players around him “ 

?

Sam Darnold scored from midfield. I saw Steve Young do that. If I'm a zombie then come here & give. me. some.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On 2/28/2021 at 8:50 AM, Untouchable said:

At least Darnold doesn’t put the ball on the ground every time he’s so much as sneezed on.

I’ve never seen a QB with the absolutely sh*tastic ball security issues that Jones has.

I mean, Jones definitely does fumble more, but they aren't THAT far apart:

• Jones:  29 fumbles in 27 games
  • Darnold:  20 fumbles in 38 games

Put INTs into the mix, and they're even closer when it comes to who is the more turnover-prone QB:

• Jones:  51 INTs + fumbles in 27 games (1.89 per game)
  • Darnold:  59 INTs + fumbles in 38 games (1.55 per game)
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2021 at 5:04 PM, undertow said:

Mike T is a cap guy who traded for Tim Tebow.  When Mike T and Rex start talking about QBs I wanna shoot myself in the face. lol

Mike Tanenbaum drafted Kellen Clemens, Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy and traded for Tebow

He’s maybe the 2nd or 3rd worst QB evaluator ever

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean, Jones definitely does fumble more, but they aren't THAT far apart:

• Jones:  29 fumbles in 27 games
  • Darnold:  20 fumbles in 38 games

Put INTs into the mix, and they're even closer when it comes to who is the more turnover-prone QB:

• Jones:  51 INTs + fumbles in 27 games (1.89 per game)
  • Darnold:  59 INTs + fumbles in 38 games (1.55 per game)

It’s not just turnovers.  Jones looked uncomfortable last year in that new offense.  Unless the Giants can get rid of that idiot Joe Judge he’s screwed