Phil Simms - Year 3 Stats

BettyBoop

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Okay, two things here.

1) Phil Simms was drafted in the 1970s.

2) This argument is supposed to be significant because it suggests that Darnold will miss the entire 2021 season, barely play and suck in 2022, then break out in 2023? Am I getting that right?

Add on his new team and I think we good friend. 

9 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Look familiar?

• Comp %: 54.4
  • TD:  11
  • INT:  9
  • Yards: 2,031
  • QB Rating: 74.0

Simms came back two years later (he was hurt for two years) with a new coach and threw for 4044 yards.

These are Zach Wilson’s stats from 2019 when he played four power-5 teams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Okay, two things here.

2) This argument is supposed to be significant because it suggests that Darnold will miss the entire 2021 season, barely play and suck in 2022, then break out in 2023? Am I getting that right?

I didn’t suggest that.  You inferred that.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Okay, two things here.

i'm not getting why draft year has anything to do with it except maybe the game was that much different so you can't compare directly the qbr.  i don't see where darnold sitting out a season is any part of the argument.  i will say that simms got beaten out by mark brunner so it's not like he was any great shakes when he first played.  and even there, those giants teams were winners because they had a really good oline and a monster defense.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Okay, two things here.

1979 the same year as Montana the rules helping QB's were in 1978..

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, competing a QB drafted in 1979 to a QB drafted in 2018 is absurd and renders the whole thing irrelevant. It’s a different sport.

I wasn't it's totally different now but rules to help the QB started in 1978 and since have got even better.. When Joe played D linemen could head slap O-linemen and they couldn't grab the D like they do now.. QB's could get hammered then..

40 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I wasn't it's totally different now but rules to help the QB started in 1978 and since have got even better.. When Joe played D linemen could head slap O-linemen and they couldn't grab the D like they do now.. QB's could get hammered then..

I'm not really sure what your point is. Obviously it's much easier to play QB today, that's the whole reason reason the comparison between Simms and Darnold is worthless. It's never been easier to play QB and Darnold still stinks. The fact that six years into his career Simms figured it is beyond meaningless and is totally inapplicable to today's game.

• Post of the Week 1

Heard the same s____ when Sanchez was here. "QBX, who became a HoFer in year 2 or 3 sucked, so therefore Mark Sanchez will do that." There are a lot more Ryan Leafs, Vince Youngs and Matt Leinarts than there are QBXs. That was pretty  much ...Mark Sanchez.  

Darnold ain't it.

He's not bleeding for it. He never has. 

He(like Sanchez)  has a pile of money and his health. He can be  a backup and bank some more coin. He is not and is never going to be a primo QB.   And he can go back to SoCal to surf and babble on PAC12 TV games how that was a great pass.

Pleas stop trying to sell nonsense. Because we have seen this before. 

• Upvote 3