Phil Simms - Year 3 Stats

BettyBoop

Like comparing a Renoir to some photoshopped knockoff .. QBs were responsible for MUCH more back then and were afforded 1000 times less.protection.

In todays QB friendly, bubble wrapped protected , coach driven play calling, defensive holding, touch football league Sam's numbers are despicable.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If only we could draft a QB made out of glass that could take years to become useful and lose his job to Scott Bruner and Jeff Hostetler.  A dream come true.

I have to agree with Dom here. The reason Simms had any success was because of Bill Parcells. Good point, Dom

18 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Look familiar?

• Comp %: 54.4
  • TD:  11
  • INT:  9
  • Yards: 2,031
  • QB Rating: 74.0

Simms came back two years later (he was hurt for two years) with a new coach and threw for 4044 yards.

Simms was a bust she didn’t win multiple Super Bowls with a crap supporting cast by his rookie year

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Remember when the Josh Allen haters obsessed over his 56% competition percentage in college?  Fun times

You can throw out all the BS stats you want of a QBs who sucked as bad as Darnold did in his first three years, and did something in the NFL .    When your QBs can’t read NFL defenses , the chances of that QB being successful isn’t that great.   Time to admit your mistake, (see Jamarcus Russell) and find a new QB.  
Or stay in denial and pray he can turn it around.( you have better shot of winning the lottery).

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Raideraholic said:

You can throw out all the BS stats you want of a QBs who sucked as bad as Darnold did in his first three years, and did something in the NFL .    When your QBs can’t read NFL defenses , the chances of that QB being successful isn’t that great.   Time to admit your mistake, (see Jamarcus Russell) and find a new QB.  
Or stay in denial and pray he can turn it around.( you have better shot of winning the lottery).

Weren’t you the raiders fan on JI who called me a retard because I thought Oakland shoulda drafted Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus Russell?

I am not giving up on Sam, I still think he can be a good QB but Phil played in a very different era, if Phil played today he never would have made it to year 4 with the giants.  If the D didn't carry the giants to a SB in 07 eli wouldn't have made to the new decade.  Social media has killed patience

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Remember when the Josh Allen haters obsessed over his 56% competition percentage in college?  Fun times

Remember when Josh Allen had 631 yards, 7.31 and 8 TD's in his rookie year rushing.  Good times.  

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Weren’t you the raiders fan on JI who called me a retard because I thought Oakland shoulda drafted Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus Russell?

Again you believe a QB is a franchise QB, you have to take that player over a potential hall of fame potential Wr.  Every single time. ( what did Detroit win with that wr)    Just because it didn’t work out doesn’t mean the reasoning was wrong.( just like it didn’t work out drafting the QBs, at one .You don’t pass on that the next time because of that failure.

Let’s see if the Jets will do the right thing for their organization and admit they were wrong on Sam Darnold.  Or will they do the right thing, and draft another potential franchise Qb.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yes it is. Nothing that happened in the early 80s has any bearing on today's game whatsoever.

It has noting to do with the 80's game.  The whole point is that he was able to turn his career around.  

17 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Funny, he had no problem reading the Raider defense again this year. 

When you can come up with a single QB drafted top 5, at only 20 years old, who is given a worse OL, a worse set of WRs with worse coaching, then we'll make statements about what he can or cant do.

As for the lectures about admitting mistakes, going into Russells last season you actually told me that he would out play and pass T Brady as the leagues best.  A month later he was released.   

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Biggs said:

Remember when Josh Allen had 631 yards, 7.31 and 8 TD's in his rookie year rushing.  Good times.  

I’m not taking away anything from Allen but the guy has been in a ideal situation in Buffalo.  McDermott, Roman are way better coaches than any of the trash coaches we had last several years.  Way better roster

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, he had no problem reading the Raider defense again this year. 

When you can come up with a single QB drafted top 5, at only 20 years old, who is given a worse OL, a worse set of WRs with worse coaching, then we'll make statements about what he can or cant do.

As for the lectures about admitting mistakes, going into Russells last season you actually told me that he would out play and pass T Brady as the leagues best.  A month later he was released.   

Wow your point is that Sam Darnold played well against a very very bad defense( Raiders) , and that game justifies he can be a good QB.   No against NFL quality defenses he has been one of the worst QBs in the league for the last three years.( fact) 

I don’t remember that conversation with you, but I do remember you saying Sam Darnold was better than Derek Carr.   Well all we have to look at is to stats , and know how wrong you were.   

It’s time for the Jet organization to go in another direction at Qb, Sam Darnold like a lot of USC QBs never lived up to his hype. 

On 2/28/2021 at 9:48 AM, BettyBoop said:

Look familiar?

Simms came back two years later (he was hurt for two years) with a new coach and threw for 4044 yards.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what year that was?

On 2/28/2021 at 10:48 AM, BettyBoop said:

Look familiar?

And in pretty much the same NFL, passing wise

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Wow your point is that Sam Darnold played well against a very very bad defense( Raiders) , and that game justifies he can be a good QB.   No against NFL quality defenses he has been one of the worst QBs in the league for the last three years.( fact) 

I don’t remember that conversation with you, but I do remember you saying Sam Darnold was better than Derek Carr.   Well all we have to look at is to stats , and know how wrong you were.   

It’s time for the Jet organization to go in another direction at Qb, Sam Darnold like a lot of USC QBs never lived up to his hype. 

I made a comment.  Dont be so defensive over your Raiders

And now you dont remember those posts.