Jump to content

Forum Upgrade Complete - Dark Mode Option


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone - we upgraded the software last week and we had a few threads of comments and feedback. We have incorporated all the feedback that we could and I wanted to start a new thread with some exp

Much better. Thank you. I was going blind.   Also my wife could tell I was  checking for Watson updates at 1:00; 3:00 & 5:00 a.m. daily. The room lit up like a Christmas tree!!  

Thanks but if I knew everyone would have been so happy with the dark mode I would have made it a VIP Member only option.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Can you default the site to go into dark mode when the Jets lose?

SAR I

If that's the case, it'll never light up again...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxman said:

From the feedback you gave in the other thread we just updated mobile.  I tested this out and it looks like you can miss, click a lot lower, and it still clicks on it. Let me know what you think.

Added an invisible box around the "last post date" on the mobile homepage and topic list page. Your users should no longer need to be super accurate when tapping the link

PERFECT!  All good now.  Much more forgiving, thanks!

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it!! For sure is my preferred way to browse now. 

I did notice one occasion where the op copied and pasted an article and it retained the original formatting for the text (black) which made it near unreadable on the dark background. I skimmed through but apologies if it had been posted prior. 

I wonder if there is a default way of stripping all formatting when pasting? Images and links likely wouldn't work in that case though. 

 

inheritsoriginformatting.thumb.JPG.5846e450fc67f4e317aec4b165e5095a.JPG

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maxman said:

 

This file is not compatible with the version of Invision Community you are using.

Looks like I have to wait for the plugin author to update it.

thank you for listening.  hope it can be re-installed

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yocousinvinny said:

Love it!! For sure is my preferred way to browse now. 

I did notice one occasion where the op copied and pasted an article and it retained the original formatting for the text (black) which made it near unreadable on the dark background. I skimmed through but apologies if it had been posted prior. 

I wonder if there is a default way of stripping all formatting when pasting? Images and links likely wouldn't work in that case though. 

 

inheritsoriginformatting.thumb.JPG.5846e450fc67f4e317aec4b165e5095a.JPG

 

@MaxmanThis and Links seem to show up in a white box with light grey text making them unreadable

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

@MaxmanThis and Links seem to show up in a white box with light grey text making them unreadable

I can check the links when you say this what do you mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I can check the links when you say this what do you mean?

Hey Max here is something I noticed just now when in dark mode:

 

 

Jetnation.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/

max it looks like its fixed now

That is weird, I didn't change anything. I tested it after I read your post and it looked good. Maybe the old configuration didn't update right away or something. Either way I am glad it is working for you now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Hey Max here is something I noticed just now when in dark mode:

 

 

Jetnation.png

What is that a thread that someone copied \ pasted in? Do you have a link to it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/158639-the-plan-20/

Fyi, that screenshot was from my desktop. It looks similar on mobile but not exactly the same 

Actually I checked your screen print again and it is similar. If I have to bet I would say he did a copy paste and he pasted it as formatted text. So it took in the code with the white background.

Basically, user error.  :)

Not sure what we would be able to do when someone does that it is going to paste that white background. I could walk people through how to paste as html if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, yocousinvinny said:

Love it!! For sure is my preferred way to browse now. 

I did notice one occasion where the op copied and pasted an article and it retained the original formatting for the text (black) which made it near unreadable on the dark background. I skimmed through but apologies if it had been posted prior. 

I wonder if there is a default way of stripping all formatting when pasting? Images and links likely wouldn't work in that case though. 

 

 

I missed this earlier. You are 100% right it is a copy \ paste issue. The problem is this, a lot of people (most) still have the white background. So this looks fine for them. If we stripped the formatting it would cause problems for everyone else.

It does give you an option when pasting, here is an article pasted as:
 

Rich Text

Alabama Crimson Tide plans for full-capacity college football games at Bryant-Denny Stadium in fall

 

play

 
 
 
ADLearn More
:29
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
5:50 PM ET
  • scarborough_alex.png&w=160&h=160&scale=c
    Alex ScarboroughESPN Staff Writer

Alabama is moving ahead with plans to host full-capacity college football games at Bryant-Denny Stadium this coming season, athletic director Greg Byrne announced Monday.

Byrne tweeted a short statement after news earlier in the day that the school would be returning to in-person instruction without restrictions on classroom capacity in the fall. Byrne said they will continue to monitor medical guidelines "as we have all along."

Alabama reduced its capacity to 20% last season as COVID-19 spread, infecting millions of Americans. Infections have dropped significantly of late.

Last Friday the Centers for Disease Control reported a seven-day average of 66,348 infections in the United States, which was down roughly 10,000 from the previous week.

According to data from the New York Times, Alabama has among the lowest vaccinations rates in the country with 13% of people receiving one shot.

Bryant-Denny Stadium, which boasts a capacity of 100,077, is scheduled to host seven football games next season starting with the home opener on Sept. 11 against Mercer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pasted as plain text:

Alabama Crimson Tide plans for full-capacity college football games at Bryant-Denny Stadium in fall

play

ADLearn More

:29

 

5:50 PM ET

Alex ScarboroughESPN Staff Writer

Facebook

Twitter

Facebook Messenger

Pinterest

Email

print

Alabama is moving ahead with plans to host full-capacity college football games at Bryant-Denny Stadium this coming season, athletic director Greg Byrne announced Monday.

Byrne tweeted a short statement after news earlier in the day that the school would be returning to in-person instruction without restrictions on classroom capacity in the fall. Byrne said they will continue to monitor medical guidelines "as we have all along."

Alabama reduced its capacity to 20% last season as COVID-19 spread, infecting millions of Americans. Infections have dropped significantly of late.

Last Friday the Centers for Disease Control reported a seven-day average of 66,348 infections in the United States, which was down roughly 10,000 from the previous week.

According to data from the New York Times, Alabama has among the lowest vaccinations rates in the country with 13% of people receiving one shot.

Bryant-Denny Stadium, which boasts a capacity of 100,077, is scheduled to host seven football games next season starting with the home opener on Sept. 11 against Mercer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, yocousinvinny said:

Love it!! For sure is my preferred way to browse now. 

I did notice one occasion where the op copied and pasted an article and it retained the original formatting for the text (black) which made it near unreadable on the dark background. I skimmed through but apologies if it had been posted prior. 

I wonder if there is a default way of stripping all formatting when pasting? Images and links likely wouldn't work in that case though. 

 

inheritsoriginformatting.thumb.JPG.5846e450fc67f4e317aec4b165e5095a.JPG

 

SO basically I am not sure.  :)

I will have to give it some thought, maybe defaulting everything to plain text instead of rich text is the answer.  Let me see if that is an option.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Poe would be envious 

Ye quoth The Raven Nevermore...

For I would not like green eggs and ham I would not like them Sam I am.

 a Tell-Tale Heart?

I am familiar with thy works-

Lol!

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is strange, here is how it looks for me.

image.png

yeah, the issue isn't the white background. it's all the breaks in the white background. if it were a solid white background it would be fine, but with all the breaks it makes it hard to read. for now i guess the answer is just switch to light mode if you are reading something that looks that way

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

yeah, the issue isn't the white background. it's all the breaks in the white background. if it were a solid white background it would be fine, but with all the breaks it makes it hard to read. for now i guess the answer is just switch to light mode if you are reading something that looks that way

Gotcha. I think we will have to get those that copy articles in i.e. Joe Willy to use plain text (it shows up as an option when you copy \ paste).

I am finding that I am using the dark mode full time myself now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gotcha. I think we will have to get those that copy articles in i.e. Joe Willy to use plain text (it shows up as an option when you copy \ paste).

I am finding that I am using the dark mode full time myself now.

Please, save us, default to plain text on copy/paste.

But I think that means that if we paste in a YouTube video you're going to have to add that feature to the "other media" dropdown so it has the right HTML formatting for their player.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Please, save us, default to plain text on copy/paste.

But I think that means that if we paste in a YouTube video you're going to have to add that feature to the "other media" dropdown so it has the right HTML formatting for their player.

SAR I

I don't think there is a way to default it differently, I looked last night and didn't see anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't think there is a way to default it differently, I looked last night and didn't see anything.

I guess we'll have to live with JoeWilly's stretched images and too-small-to-read text on occasion, it has its nostalgic charms.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I guess we'll have to live with JoeWilly's stretched images and too-small-to-read text on occasion, it has its nostalgic charms.

SAR I

@SAR I  with all due respect, sorry if it offends you and others. 

I copy and paste and use the "plain text" feature it went from super large too small text. 

Easier fix is I don't copy and paste articles anymore. 

Consider it done. 

Hope this helps make your experience and others better on the forum. 

joewilly12

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Gotcha. I think we will have to get those that copy articles in i.e. Joe Willy to use plain text (it shows up as an option when you copy \ paste).

I am finding that I am using the dark mode full time myself now.

Yeah I like dark mode better also

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  with all due respect, sorry if it offends you and others. 

I copy and paste and use the "plain text" feature it went from super large too small text. 

Easier fix is I don't copy and paste articles anymore. 

Consider it done. 

Hope this helps make your experience and others better on the forum. 

joewilly12

No!  I enjoy your articles.  It's just funny how they are always font-challenged.  LOL.  

Keep doing what you do....it's a good service for me and the board.  Note that what you may see as "too small" on your computer may not be too small to the rest of us.  Do a "plain text" test here right now.  Copy/paste an article snippet that you see as too small and I'll let you know.  

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  with all due respect, sorry if it offends you and others. 

I copy and paste and use the "plain text" feature it went from super large too small text. 

Easier fix is I don't copy and paste articles anymore. 

Consider it done. 

Hope this helps make your experience and others better on the forum. 

joewilly12

Come on bro. This is a response I'd expect from my wife, not a guy on a football forum

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No!  I enjoy your articles.  It's just funny how they are always font-challenged.  LOL.  

Keep doing what you do....it's a good service for me and the board.  Note that what you may see as "too small" on your computer may not be too small to the rest of us.  Do a "plain text" test here right now.  Copy/paste an article snippet that you see as too small and I'll let you know.  

SAR I

Lol you are obviously married

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...