Forum Upgrade Complete - Dark Mode Option

3 hours ago, Lizard King said:

When you click a notification it doesn’t take me at least to the relevant post. On mobile. 

Someone else reported that, I can't replicate it though. It is working for me. I will check the IPB forums to see if others are having the same problem. If so hopefully they have a patch. Thanks.

2 hours ago, clayton163v said:

I noticed that the site remembers that I prefer dark mode.  But I have to reset the wide screen and large font buttons each time I sign in.  Is it supposed to be like that?  Thanks.

Yes it should definitely be remembering those selections as well.  I have some customized and I just tested it out again. It is remembering them for me. When you make those other changes, are you re-clicking the save button? It is a little strange the way it shows, because it looks like it is autosaving. But you might have to manually save. Let me know either way, thanks.

image.png

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes it should definitely be remembering those selections as well.  I have some customized and I just tested it out again. It is remembering them for me. When you make those other changes, are you re-clicking the save button? It is a little strange the way it shows, because it looks like it is autosaving. But you might have to manually save. Let me know either way, thanks.

image.png

Thank you for the response.  I do hit the save button and it does not remember.  Not sure why.  Perhaps it is my browser (firefox).  Thanks.

2 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Thank you for the response.  I do hit the save button and it does not remember.  Not sure why.  Perhaps it is my browser (firefox).  Thanks.

Interesting, sorry that it isn't working but I will do a little testing and i'll let you know if I can figure anything out. 

4 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Is there an option where Tom Shane reads the posts you click on with a soft-toned voice?

There is, but it involves him coming over your house to record. Still interested?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Probably no way to turn the ads a darker color huh?

Either way, I love the dark mode.

Oh and I am using dark mode full time now. It is much better imo.  Thank you to all who suggested it. Wish I had done it sooner.

• Upvote 1

I love the dark mode.  I have two issues.  Neither are serious.  First, it does not remember that I prefer the large font or the wide view so I have to reset them each time I visit the site.  Second, when I open a thread, it does not remember that I just reset them on the main page so I have to set large font and wide view for each thread that I open.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, clayton163v said:

I love the dark mode.  I have two issues.  Neither are serious.  First, it does not remember that I prefer the large font or the wide view so I have to reset them each time I visit the site.  Second, when I open a thread, it does not remember that I just reset them on the main page so I have to set large font and wide view for each thread that I open.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

When you select it are you clicking save on the bottom?  I just tried it out and it does remember it for me, in each thread and then when I leave and come back to the site. It should be remembering it as long as you have cookies enabled and hit save. Let me know, thanks.

image.png

Not enjoying anything about this upgrade, especially the circle outlines around circles, redundant and space wasting. (The outlines around the reactions bubbles) totally superfluous. Everything has to be in a box or an outline now. And the “popular post” “thing” (it’s not a banner like the old one)- dumb and non descript. Other similar things, reduce the usage and thus time that will be silent. 

53 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Not enjoying anything about this upgrade, especially the circle outlines around circles, redundant and space wasting. (The outlines around the reactions bubbles) totally superfluous. Everything has to be in a box or an outline now. And the “popular post” “thing” (it’s not a banner like the old one)- dumb and non descript. Other similar things, reduce the usage and thus time that will be silent. 

Sorry that you aren't enjoying it. I have to say the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and we did leave this thread open for a few weeks before I paid the developer to make additional changes; like the dark mode, making selecting threads easier on mobile, changed spacing. We had a whole list of actionable feedback that we paid him to implement. Like I said everything that has been sent to me has been really positive.

There are a few things I am still trying to implement due to plugins not being compatible in the new version yet. But those aren't look and feel related, they are functions that we added.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, Maxman said:

Sorry that you aren't enjoying it. I have to say the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and we did leave this thread open for a few weeks before I paid the developer to make additional changes; like the dark mode, making selecting threads easier on mobile, changed spacing. We had a whole list of actionable feedback that we paid him to implement. Like I said everything that has been sent to me has been really positive.

There are a few things I am still trying to implement due to plugins not being compatible in the new version yet. But those aren't look and feel related, they are functions that we added.

Can’t you just get rid of the outlives around the reactions at least. It takes up so much space and is so distracting, making that seem more important than the content. And something better than “popular post”? Which is pretty meaningless and stuck at the top just adds lives to the post 

On 3/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, Maxman said:

Uh. Why can’t I edit my post above? Have to add a second one? 
the page numbers under the post title on front page are also not an improvement, ridiculously oversized and cumbersome looking. The graphics just don’t hit the mark here. It doesn’t look updated. It looks retro or something. Is this the sort of feedback that can be solicited BEFORE paying a developer? Doubt it. 

min glad people like dark mode but I don’t know how any one finds it usable. I feel like I go blind trying to read it 

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

Uh. Why can’t I edit my post above? Have to add a second one? 
the page numbers under the post title on front page are also not an improvement, ridiculously oversized and cumbersome looking. The graphics just don’t hit the mark here. It doesn’t look updated. It looks retro or something. Is this the sort of feedback that can be solicited BEFORE paying a developer? Doubt it. 

min glad people like dark mode but I don’t know how any one finds it usable. I feel like I go blind trying to read it 

Edit has always been timed, this way people can't go back and edit predictions they made two years ago. So there is a short editing window.

I appreciate the feedback, but I have to go with the majority here. We upgraded and a lot of that was for security reasons and had to build a new theme. Took the feedback everyone gave us and the feedback has been very positive. Sorry that the new design isn't working out for you.