Do the Jets Hires Robert Saleh if the have the No. 1 Pick?

Nothing too deep here...

I am so happy with the pick of Robert Saleh as our HC!!  Indeed, I have not been this excited/confident about a HC since Parcells.....

I was listening to this video

and it got me thinking if we lost all of our games, had the Number 1 pick, had the chance to draft Trevor Lawrence, would we have hired Rober Saleh?

I am not so sure, what do you think?

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Nothing too deep here...

I am so happy with the pick of Robert Saleh as our HC!!  Indeed, I have not been this excited/confident about a HC since Parcells.....

and it got me thinking if we lost all of our games, had the Number 1 pick, had the chance to draft Trevor Lawrence, would we have hired Rober Saleh?

Urban Meyer

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Nothing too deep here...

I didn’t watch the video- maybe there’s something in there about it? Who else would they have hired then? And what would 0-16 had anything to do with it?

He was regarded as the best HC candidate this cycle - unless you think Urban Meyer is really going to be that fantastic.(I don’t, most don’t, it was just a flashy hire) so yes, of course, the Jets & Saleh couldn’t of liked each other anymore than they did. It seems like now, in hindsight, it’s reasonable to say that it was going to happen either way it goes. Saleh was 100% the kind of person JD was looking to hire.

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Nothing too deep here...

If we did get the number one pick and Trevor people would be saying that’s the reason Saleh came here. That I know/ 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Why wouldn’t they? They have the second pick in a ton of options. Trevor Lawrence isn’t God

I think it's a legitimate question.

Would there have been some one else, some "bigger name" that came out of the woodwork wanting the job?

It's certainly possible.  Looks like Jax had Urban Myer already lined up.  But it's possible there was someone sitting out there that would have been intriguing.  Any type of guess as to who would be foolish, but it's def. possible.

I tend to agree it likely would have been Saleh anyway, but who knows.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think it's a legitimate question.

Would there have been some one else, some "bigger name" that came out of the woodwork wanting the job?

It's certainly possible.  Looks like Jax had Urban Myer already lined up.  But it's possible there was someone sitting out there that would have been intriguing.  Any type of guess as to who would be foolish, but it's def. possible.

I tend to agree it likely would have been Saleh anyway, but who knows.

I’d take Saleh over Myers all day long. 

• Upvote 1

You have to consider that Jax is competing with Alabama, Georgia and LSU.  I like Urban Meyer because he can get them to the National Championship game.

On the surface it looks like were trying to put together a competent NFL coaching staff to compete in the NFL.  It's a heavy lift but at least it makes sense.  

i don't see why not.  the only knock is the lack of hc experience which will be coupled with newbie offensive and defensive coordinators.  but real winning coaches like parcells or bellichicken or tomlin are either out of the game or tied to their own teams.  and these winning coaches all started somewhere.  of course maybe some clown coaches would surface for the opportunity to coach lawrence.