Could You Trade Sam Darnold to the Patriots?

Sam Darnold

GreenBean is in the Animal Kingdom this week and he is talking about Sam Darnold.  He saw a New England Patriots fan walking by (no he did not confront him, his contract with JetNation forbids that). Many Jets fans want the team to move on from Sam Darnold. How would they feel about that if it mean Sam Darnold was on the New England Patriots?

If you are okay moving on, why would it be a problem if he played for Bill Belichick? Are you afraid of what someone on the Jets might do when they go to a new team? GreenBean wants the Jets to build the best Jets roster possible and says nothing else matter, don’t be afraid.  Joe Douglas has to put together a team filled with the best players.  Where they end up when they are off the Jets roster is

Watch the video and let us know what you think in our NY Jets forum.

The post Could You Trade Sam Darnold to the Patriots? appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/zpxGYIscfAM

Click here to read the full story...

at the start of the year i would have said no. Bill would find a way to get Sam playing good. but after seeing he couldnt help Cam i say why not. 

i cant imagine Bill will be any different from Gase. seriously. if he was he could have brought back Cam. or made Stidham a starting QB. the QB either has it or not. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, doitny said:

at the start of the year i would have said no. Bill would find a way to get Sam playing good. but after seeing he couldnt help Cam i say why not. 

i cant imagine Bill will be any different from Gase. seriously. if he was he could have brought back Cam. or made Stidham a starting QB. the QB either has it or not. 

Cam is in a completely  different stage than Darnold. Cam went to a SB with the Panthers.  He had accomplished a lot before the Pats got him and I am sure due to all the accomplishments,  he is set in his ways and doesn't  think he needs to change all that much. 

That isn't  where Darnold is. Darnold  knows he needs to change a bunch of things and if we know anything about BB, he can coach. I think he would do a lot better than Gase did with Sam.

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

To answer your question at the end of the video, idc where Sam is traded his problems are bigger than coaching or the playmakers around him. I see him as a journeyman in this league ?‍♂️

Why would you want him in the division?  I don't  even want him in the AFC.  Sam was handled  about as badly as you can handle a QB. No talent around him, no coaching,  revolving door of players on the OL. 

In a better situation with stability,  he can play better, he has nowhere to go but up. I have been advocating to trade him and for the Jets to get a new QB not because I think Sam sucks, it is because with the QB talent available in this draft and if JD can pick a legit FQB from the group, it is immeasurably  better than hoping you can fix Sam. Even if Sam makes a leap this season, it is still a much better situation  if we draft a legit QB unless we can get a kings ransom for the 2nd pick

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Why would you want him in the division?  I don't  even want him in the AFC.  Sam was handled  about as badly as you can handle a QB. No talent around him, no coaching,  revolving door of players on the OL. 

In a better situation with stability,  he can play better, he has nowhere to go but up. I have been advocating to trade him and for the Jets to get a new QB not because I think Sam sucks, it is because with the QB talent available in this draft and if JD can pick a legit FQB from the group, it is immeasurably  better than hoping you can fix Sam. Even if Sam makes a leap this season, it is still a much better situation  if we draft a legit QB unless we can get a kings ransom for the 2nd pick

What do the Pats have on O that makes you think Sam will thrive?  If you're worried about Sam thriving because of surrounding talent the Pats are one of the best places to trade him where the talent on O is putrid.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because he’s literally the worst starting QB in the league and it’s rare a guy will turn it around after being so bad.  The list of first round bust is legitimately so long that I’m confident enough to add Darnold to that list. 

I just can’t see how a QB who struggles with accuracy, reading NFL defenses, turnovers, clean pocket passing and injuries will succeed anywhere in the nfl regardless of culture, coaching or the talent around him.

And I know I posted this picture 1 million times but: image.jpeg.f57fe4fb69281a96ab24f851ec8b85de.jpeg

^^
When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Why get cute and overthink this? IMO What we’ve seen as Jet fans these past 3 seasons is what Sam is period.  He’s been a turnover prone, inconsistent QB in the nfl just as he was in college. 

Houston will likely trade Deshaun to Mia, or NY and me as a Jet fan should worry about Sam?  I’ll pass 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

What do the Pats have on O that makes you think Sam will thrive?  If you're worried about Sam thriving because of surrounding talent the Pats are one of the best places to trade him where the talent on O is putrid.  

BB will get the most out of Sam and put him in a position to succeed. He has done  that with every player on the Pats. It's  not all about the talent. The Pats are a stable environment for him to grow in. 

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Because he’s literally the worst starting QB in the league and it’s rare a guy will turn it around after being so bad.  The list of first round bust is legitimately so long that I’m confident enough to add Darnold to that list. 

I just can’t see how a QB who struggles with accuracy, reading NFL defenses, turnovers, clean pocket passing and injuries will succeed anywhere in the nfl regardless of culture, coaching or the talent around him.

And I know I posted this picture 1 million times but: image.jpeg.f57fe4fb69281a96ab24f851ec8b85de.jpeg

^^
When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Why get cute and overthink this? IMO What we’ve seen as Jet fans these past 3 seasons is what Sam is period.  He’s been a turnover prone, inconsistent QB in the nfl just as he was in college. 

Houston will likely trade Deshaun to Mia, or NY and me as a Jet fan should worry about Sam?  I’ll pass 

There is no reason to trade anything or do anything that potentially  helps the Pats. If BB wants him and I doubt  we trade him to them for something stupid like a 5th round pick, he is going to have to trade something of value. BB won't  do that unless  he feels he is getting g something in return. Unless you think Brady took BB brains with him to Tampa, I am not trading Sam to the Pats. 

Yes, Sam is the worst QB or close to it but he was also in a horrible situation. I Don't  think he will be as bad in a better one and the Pats are better by the CS alone. 

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

BB will get the most out of Sam and put him in a position to succeed. He has done  that with every player on the Pats. It's  not all about the talent. The Pats are a stable environment for him to grow in. 

I'm much more concerned about us keeping Sam and BB getting Lance, Jones or Fields and killing us for the next 10 years.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I'm much more concerned about us keeping Sam and BB getting Lance, Jones or Fields and killing us for the next 10 years.

I don't  think there is anything we can do about those scenarios. I doubt he get Fields though unless the Pats trade up for him. Let him take Lance or Jones. Those two QB'S  are not considered in tier one of this class

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Cam is in a completely  different stage than Darnold. Cam went to a SB with the Panthers.  He had accomplished a lot before the Pats got him and I am sure due to all the accomplishments,  he is set in his ways and doesn't  think he needs to change all that much. 

That isn't  where Darnold is. Darnold  knows he needs to change a bunch of things and if we know anything about BB, he can coach. I think he would do a lot better than Gase did with Sam.

but is he? really. he will go down in history as the greatest coach but without a QB he looks like everyone else without one. he looks like BB from Cleveland. 

and i agree with Cam. the guy won a MVP. what the hell happened to him. 

If they offer far and above what anyone else is offering, why not? We have to beat their entire team, and it's not like their WRs, RBs and TEs are way better than ours - they might be worse across the board, actually. And Bill drafts like sh&t. I would take our roster over theirs, and they are aging at many key positions. Maybe Sam can pick up another STD or two before going if he ends up there - that could be arranged. 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

but is he? really. he will go down in history as the greatest coach but without a QB he looks like everyone else without one. he looks like BB from Cleveland. 

and i agree with Cam. the guy won a MVP. what the hell happened to him. 

If Gase was coaching that Pats team, they very well could be picking Lawrence in the next draft. That team was arguably  worse personnel wise than the Jets.