WFT to release Alex Smith

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yes I think Washington is a very realistic landing spot for Sam in a trade. And as far as Alex Smith goes, I’d bring him in here as a backup to work with whatever rookie QB we draft whether it be Wilson or Fields.

I wouldn’t bring Smith in, he can’t move at all. Once the pocket collapses he’s done.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I wouldn’t bring Smith in, he can’t move at all. Once the pocket collapses he’s done.

I mean what do you want out of your backup QB/mentor? I’m not advocating him to be the starter. You want Flacco back?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

1 - What a classy guy.  Hell of a comeback for him to play football again.  Comeback Player of the Year 2020!!!  Awesome.

2 - Does this open the door for Sam Darnold to WFT?  (Please!!!)

It is possible. Probable? I don’t think so. I’m fairly certain Sam is the opening day starter. 

24 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean what do you want out of your backup QB/mentor? I’m not advocating him to be the starter. You want Flacco back?

I'd rather Flacco then Darnold.  He was better then Darnold in his 4 starts last year 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I'd rather Flacco then Darnold.  He was better then Darnold in his 4 starts last year 

Are you freaking kidding me. Flacco was shut out by Miami. Effing Miami for crying out loud. How is that better than Darnold? Flacco also lost every game he played and Sam won two. I would take Darnold over Flacco as my starter any day. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

He one of those rare guys that can come in and win games for you off the bench. Like Fitz but without the curse. 

Pat Mahomes also raves about the guy.

Even though Alex knew Pat was there to take his job, he did everything possible to help prepare Pat to be a success.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't bring guys like this to solve your quarterback problem.  You bring them in to be a floor.  To set a minimum standard for your rookie/reclamation project to have to surpass before hitting the field.  Like Kurt Warner did for the Giants. 

Or you bring them in if you draft a rookie QB, and you don't think he is ready to start day 1

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Are you freaking kidding me. Flacco was shut out by Miami. Effing Miami for crying out loud. How is that better than Darnold? Flacco also lost every game he played and Sam won two. I would take Darnold over Flacco as my starter any day. 

So would everyone else who's rational. Lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ganggreen305 said:

1 - What a classy guy.  Hell of a comeback for him to play football again.  Comeback Player of the Year 2020!!!  Awesome.

2 - Does this open the door for Sam Darnold to WFT?  (Please!!!)

Door?  I hope they build a high speed airport walkway between Darnold's house and DC.

Please, dear Lord, make this happen.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I would also prefer Darnold, but pointing to Miami might not be the best example.  Darnold put up 3 points with 2 INT and 10 first downs. and that was the home game.  Miami owned us. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I would also prefer Darnold, but pointing to Miami might not be the best example.  Darnold put up 3 points with 2 INT and 10 first downs. and that was the home game.  Miami owned us. 

Getting shutout is a rare thing. You have to play exceptionally bad not even to get a FG in 4 qrts

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

You would think this means they are close trading for Darnold, Marriota, Bridgewater, etc. 

They are far down for a trade up to 2 or 3, and would be mortgaging the future...buuuuut that is Snyder’s style so who knows.

Or signing Cam Newton

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Darnold 9 TD's 11 picks  Flacco 6 TD's 3 picks.  Darnold TD % 2.5  Flacco 4.5.   Darnold int % 3.0 Flacco 2.0     Darnold yards gained per completion  10.2  Flacco 11.7   Darnold Rate 72.7 Flacco 80.6  Darnold  QBR 40.1  Flacco 58.0  Darnold sack % 8.8  Flacco 5.0

Flacco was better then Darnold in almost every metric.   Darnold was the worst QB in the league, that includes Flacco who played on the same bad team.  

• Upvote 2

One-legged Alex would be an ideal veteran mentor for a rookie QB.

He's seen it all, and his comeback story was truly amazing.

It makes me nervous whenever he drops back to pass though, so hopefully he lands a gig as a non-playing backup.

56 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Darnold 9 TD's 11 picks  Flacco 6 TD's 3 picks.  Darnold TD % 2.5  Flacco 4.5.   Darnold int % 3.0 Flacco 2.0     Darnold yards gained per completion  10.2  Flacco 11.7   Darnold Rate 72.7 Flacco 80.6  Darnold  QBR 40.1  Flacco 58.0  Darnold sack % 8.8  Flacco 5.0

Flacco was better then Darnold in almost every metric.   Darnold was the worst QB in the league, that includes Flacco who played on the same bad team.  

Most of the stats ypu just posted are nearly identical except  Flacco took a sack that was nearly 30 yards deep one game. Darnold ran for a TD that was over 50 yards I think, Darnold won 2 games, Flacco lost every game he played. 

• Upvote 1