JJ Watt to the Cardinals - 2 years, $31M

• nycdan changed the title to JJ Watt to the Cardinals - 2 years, $31M
9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Strange choice of team. That's also way too money for the player he is now.

Agree on both fronts

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Strange choice of team. That's also way too money for the player he is now.

Which is probably why he chose Arizona.  I would have thought he would have wanted to go someplace with a better chance at a championship.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Which is probably why he chose Arizona.  I would have thought he would have wanted to go someplace with a better chance at a championship.

Feel like at that point in your career you want a combo of livability, money, and then a chance to win. Arizona seems to be a good balance of that.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Shelbyblue said:

That means they are going to release Hassan Reddick most likely. Reddick had 12 sacks as a pure pass rusher his natural position. Jets should take a look at him.

They have two choices with Reddick.  Sign him to a long term deal, a major commitment for a guy who sucked for 3 years as an inside linebacker, tag him to see if the move to the edge after Jones went down wasn't a fluke.   A prove it deal of sorts or let him go in FA.  If he hits the market he will get paid a long term deal for a lot of money and he will probably cost us a comp pick. 

If Chandler Jones is healthy he's a much better edge player than Reddick and he's proven.  He's also older.  I wouldn't pay Reddick a fortune for 1 year.  I think the Cardinals tag Reddick and release Jones.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Friends, I have lain eyes upon the greatest ever tweet.

Too bad for Jamal he is going to get franchised as a box safety rather than a pass rushing DE or T......snicker

• Like 1

One takeaway from JJ Watt signing with Arizona: You’re gonna see plenty of stuff on Twitter this offseason that are simply not true. Those things provide content for blogs/shows, but it doesn’t do much to inform you of what’s actually going on. Don’t believe everything you see”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Could have played with his brother on a better team, chose the money instead.

Another example (as if any more were needed) that it's almost ALWAYS about the money, not the other fluff.

• Upvote 3

Joe D better have a pen in hand and his checkbook out when free agency starts because things happen fast and Mr. Slow Pen will again get nothing but 2nd tier free agents. He still hasn't made his mind up about Darnold after watching him for 2 years. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, nycdan said:

If Every NFCE team played every NFCW team twice, would the NFCE win any of those games?

I don't know, the Giants, with Colt McCoy at the helm, when out and beat this weeks malcontent Russell Wilson and his Seahags.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Could have played with his brother on a better team, chose the money instead.

Another example (as if any more were needed) that it's almost ALWAYS about the money, not the other fluff.

If they were a couple million apart he probably would’ve but Pittsburgh never pays free agents.  So, yes it has something to do with money but I doubt the dollars would’ve been remotely close. 

40 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I was expecting him to sign to the Bucs for vet minimum tbh to chase a ring.

LOL, yeah right.  

Money > Rings for every one of these guys.  Stop fooling yourselves.