The Plan 2.0

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

You're talking about the corp that Darnold had or the one that I put up here?

What other options would you suggest? Maybe trade a second for Golladay?

Both 

Options drafting a top tier WR/WR's or signing WR/WR's  free agency. 

NY Jets need a #1 WR and #2 WR and a supporting cast. 

Mims can't be trusted until he stays healthy an entire season. 

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Am I supposed to be impressed by a 200 yard game?

It's not about stats. It's about a HC, who didn't utilize the talent that was available to him. It's about game planning. In Gase's failed system. Quick decisions weren't available because the receivers in his planning we're never open enough to get rid of the ball quickly. Not all the time. But far too many times 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Both 

Options drafting a top tier WR/WR's or signing WR/WR's  free agency. 

NY Jets need a #1 WR and #2 WR and a supporting cast. 

Mims can't be trusted until he stays healthy an entire season. 

Easier said than done right? 

I am all in on Allen Robinson but he will not come here unless Deshaun Watson is playing QB, that leaves us with Golladay and Godwin  who both just like Robinson are probably getting tagged, that leaves the question are you willing to trade a second plus a mega deal for those guys?

For the second tier of free agents we have JuJu that will probably demand a whole lot and I'm not willing to pay that much for a slot receiver, Corey Davis who had up and down seasons but presents a good ceiling, Will Fuller who dealt with injuries but can flat out fly and Curtis Samuel who is probably going to be persued by half of the league.

And yes I know we'll lack a true number one, but we don't know yet what Mims will become and even not any of this guys emerge as a true number one you can always trade for a "star" WR like the Browns did with Odell, Bills with Diggs etc...

I think Mims will be alright, was a soft tissue problem. He never dealt with injuries in his college career.

For example here's the SF 49ers wr group on the superbowl run

image.png.22cbb3547cdfb42856ac749a985e3944.png

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

It's been some time since I did my first version of this plan and things have really changed since then, we've lost Lawrence and the 1st pick, DW wants out, reports coming that Darnold will stay at center for 2021, Saleh was hired and many more rumours.

I will start by saying that to me the Jets have really three options, one is to draft a new QB at 2, second is to trade for DW, and third is to build more draft capital to trade for DW next year if Houston decides not to trade him this offseason.

In this mock I went with the Jets staying put and drafting a QB at 2, I really like the ideia of trading for Deshaun Watson but I fear that the Texans may want to much for him, something in the neighbourhood of three 1st rounders and a stud like Quinnen Williams and that's not a price that I am willing to pay because after deep diving on this QB's prospects from the past couple of months I really believe that they're FQB material.

Getting started -

First things first after hiring Saleh the Jets offense and defense will have a major turn a round scheme wise, changing to a 4-3 defense and a west coast offense some players that we have right now just don't fit the system that well, as many reporters have said I think we'll see the Jets sign a couple of veterans that already know the system all will help the young guys make the transition, and that's the approach I will take on free agency.

Free Agency - 

Cuts: 

Henry Anderson, DE - No brainer has done nothing since Maccagnan signed him to this terrible contract.

Alex Lewis, G - Actually liked him in 2019 but could not replicate the same success in 2020 and also has some off the field issues so he's cut.

Ryan Griffin, TE - I mean talk about dead weight, the guy has 9 catches in 2020.

Greg Van Roten, G - Too inconsistent of a player.

Jamison Crowder, WR - I don't think he really fits what the Jets would want on offense, he could maybe be traded for a late pick.

Re Sign:

Marcus Maye, S - Franchise tag prove it deal that you can produce in the new system - 11M year

The 2020 Jets were bad, Poole was the only other Jet free agent that I consider bringing back, but as of right now that does not seem likely.

Free Agents (93M in cap):

Joe Thuney, G - He was said to be the priority for the Jets last offseason, NE tagged him not allowing we to get him, he will be 28 going to 29 next season but is still one of the best guards in the league and will make a great left side of the line with Becton. 

Will Fuller V, WR - I think Fuller gets a deal close to what Robby Anderson got last year, he's a similiar player to RA skinny speed guys that can really bring headaches to defenses.

Kendrick Bourne, WR - Decent wr that knows the system.

Gerald Everett, TE - He have to get some production of the TE position, Herndon was terrible last year but I believe that he can bounce back, Everett and Herndon should be a good duo.

Carl Lawson, DE - The sack numbers are not there, but check the QB hits you will be surprised, he would be my second priority on free agency.

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB - We need help at corner, he knows the system, plays well, perfect match.

K'Waun Williams, CB -  Looks like he's a Saleh favorite, place holder at slot corner.

Matt Milano, OLB - The Jets seem to like Milano, will be a good fit for the defense.

Kerry Hyder, DE - Reunite with Saleh, depth at DE.

I will not point all of the free agency moves, but just wanted to give a ideia and show the most polarizing ones.

Trades:

Sam Darnold, QB - The Jets will go with the rookie QB at 2 so the only logical move is to trade Sam Darnold away, in this mock I have him going to the WFT for a second round pick.

Draft - 

1st Round -

Pick 2: Justin Fields, QB - Ohio State. I'll be the first to say that I was off the Justin Fields train when he had those two bad games but to me is very clear what is happening to Justin Fields in this draft, he's not Trevor Lawrence that is his major flaw, as Deshaun Watson in 2017 the guy is suffering from prospect fatigue, we've been hearing from Justin since he was a senior at HS, and is common that we start to nitpick everything he does on the football field.

After a extensive back and forth between Fields and Wilson i've finally come to a decison and to me Fields is just the better overall prospect, I really like Zach and think that he has a chance to be a great QB in this league. I will give a quick scouting report after watching every game he played that its availabe on youtube, reading and studying his numbers.

Pros - 

Though as nails - Played trough injury multiple times in his career, Clemson game this year was legendary.

Accuracy - He's the most accurate QB in this draft on all parts of the field even under pressure. Lawrence is very good all-around, Zach Wilson underthrows constantly on deep balls and is not good against pressure.

Athleticism - 6'3 228 Fields is built like a tank, he's a tough guy to bring down and is a threat to run every time a play breaks down.

Running Ability - He's a dual threat QB, he's more on the Deshaun Watson mold of runners than Lamar Jackson. To me he has a big edge here on Wilson and Lawrence, even though both can run, Wilson will not survive the NFL hits with that frame and Lawrence looks to stiff to be a great runner.

Decision making: Has shown some good decision making through his career (only 9 career ints), he's not perfect but none of the QB prospects are.

He's raw - Wes I will put that on the Pros category, Fields only have 1,5 year of experience as a starting QB and showed so much in that time. I think the Jets did a great job hiring the offensive staff and will be awesome to mold a prospect like Fields.

Pick 23 (Seattle): Trade - Broncos. Trade this pick to the Broncos, they select Trey Lance (I just don't think we'll go that high as people are saying). 

Broncos get - 23, Lance, 162 (6th) 2021.

Jets get  - 40 (2nd) 2021,  71 (3rd) 2021, 2022 5th.

2nd Round - 

Pick 34: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE - Georgia. Speed and hands, that what you're getting with Ojulari, it's not a great EDGE class IMO, but I really like what I see from him, he looks like a faster Ngakoue, a little undersized for the position but finds a way to get it done with technique. 

Pick 40 (DEN, trade): Asante Samuel Jr., CB - FSU. He and Jaycee Horn are my favorite corners in this draft, really really physical guy, that thrives in man coverage.

Pick 51 (WFT, Darnold trade): Rondale Moore, WR - Purdue. Eletric with the ball in his hands, he's a YAC monster with speed for days, everything that you want on a Shanahan offense.

Round 3 - 

Pick 66 : Josh Myers, Center - Ohio State. Worked out pretty well last time we drafted a Ohio State center right? Myers can start day 1 IMO, pushing McGovern to RG and giving Fields some familiarity with his college center.

Pick 71 (Denver? Jabril Cox, LB - LSU. Changing to a 4-3 we need some OLB with speed and who can cover, Cox is that. He can be the next Deion Jones to Jeff Ulbrich defense. Fits the new mold of linebackers like Darius Leonard, Telvin Smith, Deion Jones.

Pick 87 (Seattle): Spencer Brown, Tackle - UNI. Raw prospect tackle that showed out in the senior bowl, really like what he brings to the table, he can develop one year behind Fant and take over the starting spot next year. 

Round 4 -

Pick 107: Chuba Hubbard, RB - Okl. State. I like his speed and skill set, I think he can fit the offense well, maybe even start at some point. Stock has fallen off a cliff, not a great 2020 season.

Round 5 -

Pick 147: Cornell Powell, WR - Clemson. Not gonna lie, I have a soft spot for Powell, I love his route running and his physicallity. Reminds of Enunwa, not the YAC beast but everything else.

Pick 155: Keith Taylor Jr., CB - Washington. Great size and speed for the position, did very well at the senior bowl.

Depth Chart -

Offense:

QBs - Justin Fields - Veteran QB - James Morgan.

RBs - Chuba Hubbard - La'Mical Perine - Ty Johnson - FA RB.

WRs - Will Fuller V, Denzel Mims, Kendrick Bourne, Cornell Powell.

Slot -  Rondale Moore.

TEs - Gerald Everett, Chris Herndon, Trevon Wesco.

LT - Mekhi Becton, Conor McDermott.

LG - Joe Thuney, Pat Eflein.

C - Josh Myers, Josh Andrews.

RG - Connor McGovern, Josh Andrews.

RT - George Fant, Spencer Brown.

Defense:

4-3

LDE - Azeez Ojulari, Kyle Philips, Jabari Zuniga.

DT - Quinnen Williams, Foley Fatukasi, John Franklin-Myers.

RDE - Carl Lawson, Kerry Hyder, Bryce Huff.

ILB - CJ Mosley, Blake Cashman.

OLB - Matt Milano, Jabril Cox, Blake Cashman.

CB - Ahkello Witherspoon, Asante Samuel Jr, Bryce Hall, Keith Taylor Jr. 

Slot CB - Javelin Guidry, K'waun Williams.

FS - Marcus Maye.

SS - Ashtyn Davis.

Special Teams:

KR - Rondale Moore.

PR - Rondale Moore.

K - Sergio Castillo.

P - Branden Mann.

I believe that I did a solid job in this rebuild, just like the Bills did we built a solid OL for our new QB, put some weapons around him, a defense with great potential plus still have a lot of draft capital to continue to build around Fields. The goal is not to win a SB in year 1 but build a team that can contend for years to come.

Sorry for the gigantic post and go jets!

You’re sorry ? I’m sorry I read it. 

• Haha 1

Generally like this. I prefer Wilson to Fields but whatever. Biggest issues are 

1) if joe chased off Robby just to give Fuller that same or similar deal...I will probably lose it.

2) fundamentally disagree that Lance goes that late. But don’t hate the deal. I’d prefer to stay in the 1st if possible but don’t hate the return, though it feels a tad light. Maybe 40/71/22 4? Getting Samuel anyway would be sweet. 

3.  Feels like it’s a bit light on offense, maybe another WR day 3?

otherwise, I like it. FA is pretty much dead on what I’d want except fuller. And minor differences draft wise. 

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Probably little much when “ no thanks” would have sufficed. 

Dont judge. You dont know what I'm into in my personal life. I have a thing for saran wrap, bananas, and leather straps too. 

14 hours ago, Bronx said:

Well, I guess he could actually be the next Tom Brady...lol.

Thought the same.

But there's no way the Jets go with Fields/Morgan for the season.  They'll bring in a veteran presence, Alex Smith anyone?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

I can tell by this that you don't read most of the forum or topics, lol. 

really. I guess I'm guilty of not memorizing everyone's agenda? How the sh*t does that suggest i don't read the topics, pal. 

What you're not acknowledging is that i made that assumption based on the fact you're regurgitating Wilson-camp dogma, in addition not addressing all the relevant points I made about you obtuse understanding of what OP did for our offense - all in favor of a "did you just assume my gender" cop out. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

really. I guess I'm guilty of not memorizing everyone's agenda?

Not everyone's.  Just mine. 

And what you're guilty of is making a presumption.  Yes, you should know where someone has repeatedly, consistently publicly stood on an issue, especially someone who posts here every day as much as I do ffs, before you start making wild assumptions of my membership in the Cult of the One Year Wonder Magic Underpants Passer, thanks. ?  

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What you're not acknowledging is that i made that assumption based on the fact you're regurgitating Wilson-camp dogma, in addition not addressing all the relevant points I made about you obtuse understanding of what OP did for our offense - all in favor of a "did you just assume my gender" cop out. 

Your jimmies really seem quite rustled today Paradis.  Also, no idea what the "assume gender" comment refers to. 

You might want to relax tho, this isn't life or death here, ffs.

To summarize: 

1. Not a Wilson Fan.  At all.  In any way.  One year wonder, weak opponents, and frankly just gives me bad vibes.

2. Fields is not a great fit right off for the system we intend to run.  I like Fields fine, he's an impressive kid from what I can tell with serious potential, albeit not at #2 overall.  I won't cry if we draft him, he' my fav of the Fields/Lance/Wilson/Mac group, but he is going to have an extended NFL-level learning curve.  Point of fact, I'd say he likely shouldn't start at all in 2021 if we draft him, I don't think he's ready for the NFL level in our system.  A year learning could really help him.

3. Don't think Will Fuller, an unreliable WR who hasn't played more than 11 games a season in three years and has never played 16, is our big answer at #1 WR (which is what we need most, Mims is a #2, Crowder is the Slot).  I'm not a fan of these kinds of unreliable players.  He has big play potential at times, obviously, but I want more than that in my #1 WR.  He also may not be that great once he's away from Top 5 QB Watson and catching passes from a rookie Fields or meh Darnold.

4. Rondale Moore is the 5th or so rated WR in this class, and I said I was fine with him if it works out that way.  But I'd prefer to do better, and get one of the big three, Smith, Waddle or Chase.  But then again, I'm not looking to draft a QB at #2, I'm looking to trade down slightly, getting us an extra pick or two in the bargain, and still get one of these three top WR's.

If you disagree with these points, great, that's what discussions forums are for. Just do it without being such an insufferable **** next time.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not everyone's.  Just mine. 

And what you're guilty of is making a presumption.  Yes, you should know where someone has repeatedly, consistently publicly stood on an issue, especially someone who posts here every day as much as I do ffs, before you start making wild assumptions of my membership in the Cult of the One Year Wonder Magic Underpants Passer, thanks. ?  

Your jimmies really seem quite rustled today Paradis.  Also, no idea what the "assume gender" comment refers to. 

You might want to relax tho, this isn't life or death here, ffs.

To summarize: 

1. Not a Wilson Fan.  At all.  In any way.  One year wonder, weak opponents, and frankly just gives me bad vibes.

2. Fields is not a great fit right off for the system we intend to run.  I like Fields fine, he's an impressive kid from what I can tell with serious potential, albeit not at #2 overall.  I won't cry if we draft him, he' my fav of the Fields/Lance/Wilson/Mac group, but he is going to have an extended NFL-level learning curve.  Point of fact, I'd say he likely shouldn't start at all in 2021 if we draft him, I don't think he's ready for the NFL level in our system.  A year learning could really help him.

3. Don't think Will Fuller, an unreliable WR who hasn't played more than 11 games a season in three years and has never played 16, is our big answer at #1 WR (which is what we need most, Mims is a #2, Crowder is the Slot).  I'm not a fan of these kinds of unreliable players.  He has big play potential at times, obviously, but I want more than that in my #1 WR.  He also may not be that great once he's away from Top 5 QB Watson and catching passes from a rookie Fields or meh Darnold.

4. Rondale Moore is the 5th or so rated WR in this class, and I said I was fine with him if it works out that way.  But I'd prefer to do better, and get one of the big three, Smith, Waddle or Chase.  But then again, I'm not looking to draft a QB at #2, I'm looking to trade down slightly, getting us an extra pick or two in the bargain, and still get one of these three top WR's.

If you disagree with these points, great, that's what discussions forums are for. Just do it without being such an insufferable **** next time.

My favourite. The diplomatic chill out post, but littered with “insufferable swear word” remarks throughout. 

Whether or not you want to own it, Your thoughts on fields has been influenced by the Wilson camp’s empty criticisms. i’m not mad, but I have grown overly tired of the scarcity of IQ here recently - particularly when it comes to our offseason plans.

you do you. Outside of fields I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your personal feelings about those players you listed. But your statement about that being another same old same old off-season was stupid. There’s nothing about taking fields and go after those players that would be same old jets, regardless if you’d like them or not. Yours was a bad post.  

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

Respect the effort, not a real fan of this plan. 

This O would suck, frankly.  Same old same old, bandaid FA's and late round wishful thinking skill guys and a massive risk at QB.

And way too much investment in the Defense, also same old same old DWC thinking.  

what posts like this show is how badly the Jets need an impact player on offense 

once the team commits 2 to Fields or whatever QB of choice, they lose that impact player 

the trade down to 4 or 8 might work out but they can't drop too far or the draft picks become like lottery picks - trading out at 23 also is toothless, even the chalk Najae Harris pick would offer something this team doesn't have at the moment 

I'm a Sewell dude but it can be Chase or Smith or heck maybe even Pitts with that high pick but the offense (even with Fuller haha) doesn't scare anyone and it's too dire of a situation to expose any 21 year old QB and expect results. 

chances are that QB at 2 will be a crash test dummy in a new offense and the defense switching to 4-3 takes multiple offseasons. obviously Darnold isn't the answer but the reason why these Plans fall short is because there are too many holes to take a QB at 2 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My favourite. The diplomatic chill out post, but littered with “insufferable swear word” remarks throughout. 

Whether or not you want to own it, Your thoughts on fields has been influenced by the Wilson camp’s empty criticisms. i’m not mad, but I have grown overly tired of the scarcity of IQ here recently - particularly when it comes to our offseason plans.

you do you. Outside of fields I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with your personal feelings about those players you listed. But your statement about that being another same old same old off-season was stupid. There’s nothing about taking fields and go after those players that would be same old jets, regardless if you’d like them or not. Yours was a bad post.  

Scarcity of IQ, except for you of course. 

Even people who don't like Wilson, they don't dislike him as much as you, so clearly are influenced by the Wilson Camp. 

Yada yada yada, bad post, yada, stupid, yada, not gonna comment on-topic, yada yada, ok.  

Got it.  Cool story bro. 

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

what posts like this show is how badly the Jets need an impact player on offense 

once the team commits 2 to Fields or whatever QB of choice, they lose that impact player 

the trade down to 4 or 8 might work out but they can't drop too far or the draft picks become like lottery picks - trading out at 23 also is toothless, even the chalk Najae Harris pick would offer something this team doesn't have at the moment 

I'm a Sewell dude but it can be Chase or Smith or heck maybe even Pitts with that high pick but the offense (even with Fuller haha) doesn't scare anyone and it's too dire of a situation to expose any 21 year old QB and expect results. 

chances are that QB at 2 will be a crash test dummy in a new offense and the defense switching to 4-3 takes multiple offseasons. obviously Darnold isn't the answer but the reason why these Plans fall short is because there are too many holes to take a QB at 2 

You know what might be fun (presuming you're not sold on Fields/Wilson/Lance/Mac at #2 or even at trade-down #6-8):

Trade down just a few, gather an extra #1 pick, pick Pitts at like, 6 or so maybe, then trade the Seattle #1 and the #1 you got this year for trading down to get back up to the Top 10, and draft one of the three WR's.

Of course it means you're stuck with Darnold another year (uck) or signing a castoff FA like Mariota (uck) or drafting a later guy (maybe Mac at the top of the 2nd or Trask if he gets past WFT in the 2nd (meh), but you get two instant playmakers that should materially improve the on the spot.  

Almost impossible to pull off of course, and does sell some future for today, but at least it would be fun, exciting.  

Of course, if you're one who does believe Darnold is salvageable in a real system with a real coach (TBD), you'd nut if you could get both say Pitts and maybe Smith, then work on O-line in the 2nd-4th along with a few CB's.  

So many options, hard to really see the path till we see what they do in this Free Agent market first.

But aye, legit top-tier playmakers sure would be a nice change of pace, wouldn't it?  Lol.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Scarcity of IQ, except for you of course. 

Even people who don't like Wilson, they don't dislike him as much as you, so clearly are influenced by the Wilson Camp. 

Yada yada yada, bad post, yada, stupid, yada, not gonna comment on-topic, yada yada, ok.  

Got it.  Cool story bro. 

You're more defensive than my wife.

Let that settle. 

20 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Great job and thank you for taking the time to do this.  I enjoyed it, liked the FA moves..

but I two major concerns with the draft..

Trading down from 23 to 40 - to pick up a 3rd - just doesn't seem enough.

Taking a QB at 2 and then going on to draft defense with our two remaining premium picks would be repeating the mistakes of the past.

it's not even close to enough. it's a horrible trade actually. 

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

WR come and go you can find them anywhere in the draft, when you're in prime position to take a good QB in a good QB class you don't **** around and trade down. 

Just for context look at all the top WR in free agency, Juju and Robinson bottom of second round, Golladay and Godwin bottom of the third round.

I understand where you're coming from I just like the route that you secure the most important position on sports first and then build around him, we didn't do that with Sam and that is what scare people.

Just now, neckdemon said:

it's not even close to enough. it's a horrible trade actually. 

Actually I used the trade that got Lamar Jackson in Baltimore as a base. The Ravens gave up two second-round picks, one in 2018, the other in 2019. The two teams also swapped places in the fourth round, with the Eagles going from 132 to 125. In this case I got a 2nd and a 3rd on the same draft wich kinda equals the value of the trade. 

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Actually I used the trade that got Lamar Jackson in Baltimore as a base. The Ravens gave up two second-round picks, one in 2018, the other in 2019. The two teams also swapped places in the fourth round, with the Eagles going from 132 to 125. In this case I got a 2nd and a 3rd on the same draft wich kinda equals the value of the trade. 

Lamar Jackson went 32nd.  The difference between that and 23 is a mid-high 3rd in this year's draft.

15 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

WR come and go you can find them anywhere in the draft, when you're in prime position to take a good QB in a good QB class you don't **** around and trade down. 

Just for context look at all the top WR in free agency, Juju and Robinson bottom of second round, Golladay and Godwin bottom of the third round.

I understand where you're coming from I just like the route that you secure the most important position on sports first and then build around him, we didn't do that with Sam and that is what scare people.

whoever the number 2 overall player is, the Jets need that player more than they need to reach on the number 8 player or number 12 player at 2. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

whoever the number 2 overall player is, the Jets need that player more than they need to reach on the number 8 player or number 12 player at 2. 

LOL yes that kinda of thinking was what got us here on the first place when we passed up on DW and Mahomes and many others

drive thru promo GIF by Renault Brasil