Zach Wilson is a Bum!

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah its called groupthink

Glad you can easily dismiss the opinions of people who do these types of analysis for a living as just groupthink.

If that's your best argument to go against a mountain of analysis, seems like you have not much of an argument at all.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

he's below average in height, speed, arm strength, film, injury history 

i mean, how many different ways can we judge a prospect? 

this is not a troll job I honestly want to know what's so world class about Zach Wilson 

he's good. He's like a real player, despite his lack of ideal gifts

2 overall is ideal gifts land 

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What I want to see?  Let me go snipe some scounting report instead of watching.   I heard about his great arm, watched the clips and" wasn't particularly impressed.  Not that I see something wrong, I am just not seeing "explosive."  Fields seems to have more pop to me, though I can see why people aren't in love with him.  

Arm strength

Arm Strength in very tight window

Single step 19 yard out from the opposite hash on a line. How can anyone think he is below average arm strength after seeing this?

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Arm strength

Single step 19 yard out from the opposite hash on a line. How can anyone think he is below average arm strength after seeing this?

If he can do that facing Western Kentucky’s DBs I’m sold

2. New York Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

Wilson was the breakout star of the season, connecting on 74 percent of his passes with 33 touchdowns and three interceptions. Those numbers were a dramatic improvement from his 2018 season (62 percent, 11 touchdowns, nine interceptions). The Cougars’ level of competition wasn’t nearly as tough in 2020 — the pandemic limited their scheduling options — and Wilson, sources close to the BYU program say, was never really healthy for very long in 2019.

Wilson’s eye-popping arm talent, the way the ball jumps out of his hand and his ability to make all sorts of off-platform throws are probably going to be too tempting for the Jets, with all new leadership, to pass up ushering in a new era. The hunch here is that just three years after using the No. 3 overall pick on Sam Darnold, the Jets go for another QB.

The Coaching Intel

“I think he has great arm strength, and he’s accurate, and he definitely keeps plays alive. He can buy about two more seconds and can really throw on the run from different angles. He is really impressive. I do think it’ll be interesting when people look at his junior tape when they faced better teams. He had good games and some bad games. Also, I’ll be curious how his game translates in the NFL because (BYU was) so RPO-driven and read-driven, where once he got off that first read, he almost never got to the second. He’d move the pocket even though he wouldn’t have any pressure. Instead, he’d create the scramble drill. You wanna know how well he’ll go through progressions and sit in the pocket because that is one of those things you never know ’til you do it.”

Said one opposing coach: “He’s freaky. He made some throws against us that were silly. He was very calm because I think he really trusts his feet. He reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson and some of Mahomes in his ability to throw from all angles, and (he) has that creativity. He made some comeback throws that made you say wow. He has such wrist and finger control, it’s very impressive. I’d love to see what he could do in a drop-back offense.”

“I was blown away watching him on film. I didn’t realize he could throw it quite like that. The ball explodes out of his hand. There’s a throw he made in their UCF game — it’s a deep out and up — nobody runs it in college because it’s such a long route. He throws it on a rope. He has a ridiculously talented arm.”

4. Atlanta Falcons: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

It’s time for the Falcons to look for their quarterback of the future, and the hunch here is they’ll opt for the local guy who has faced a lot better competition and has a bigger body of work than Trey Lance. There were a few games where Fields, who started his career at Georgia, didn’t throw the ball with confidence and struggled working the ball downfield — he threw three picks against Indiana and was just 12-of-27 with two interceptions in the Big Ten title game against Northwestern. His bounce-back after that against Clemson, though, was magnificent. He went through his progressions, throwing strikes to his receivers to pick apart the Tigers defense. He completed almost 80 percent of his passes in that game and threw six touchdowns while also giving the Tigers problems with his wheels. Learning behind Matt Ryan could be a perfect situation for him.

The Coaching Intel

“His consistency is a concern for me, because there are times he looks like he should be the first pick of the draft and other times where he looks like he should stay in school another year. I think he’s really, really talented. I don’t know what his 40 time is, but I’ve seen him run away from some pretty good athletes. I think people may not realize just what a special athlete he is — or how big this kid is.”

“He’s confident and poised and he’s never rattled. I think he has a good arm, not a great arm, and he benefits because Ohio State’s skill talent is so much better than the DBs they face in the Big Ten. J.T. Barrett could barely throw, but he put up big numbers because of that talent gap. This kid is a lot more gifted than that, but you still have that in the back of your mind because the talent gap is so big for them.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:56 PM, JiF said:

Just watched it again and again, not only does he do the double heel click you see on film but you even seen the drifting as well.  Check his posture after the throw.  He might blow an ACL out just throwing the ball.  To do all the clicking and then to go stiff and fad...yikes.  

And Fields might get tackled and break his leg on the first play, who knows? There is no “safe” choice. It’s a dangerous game. Anyone could go out at any moment. 

18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Arm strength

I think it's pretty fair to accept that Wilson has an extremely strong arm.  It's not one or two guys.  It's basically everyone agreeing he has a hose for an arm.

Anyone trying to debate that or downplay it is just trolling at this point.

You want to argue he's not realy 6-3 or not really 215?

That's fair--can't really tell.

But below average arm strength?  LOLworthy.

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

And Fields might get tackled and break his leg on the first play, who knows? There is no “safe” choice. It’s a dangerous game. Anyone could go out at any moment. 

That wasnt the point, like at all, that was just color...but yes, you're right, anyone can get hurt..

6 hours ago, Marshmello said:

The Cougars’ level of competition wasn’t nearly as tough in 2020 — the pandemic limited their scheduling options — and Wilson, sources close to the BYU program say, was never really healthy for very long in 2019.

Hmm wow huh hmmm wow

• 6 months later...