Zach Wilson is a Bum!

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

All I'm saying is, some of us are not so dumb as you might think for "taking our own opinions seriously".  That's all.

There are in fact many, many bright people on this siteas it relates to football decisions, sports in general and particularly life. There are so much I have learned from others here, including yourself.

What I objected to the most in the OP's analysis, was calling people that don't have the same opinion as him (her), "sheep". Pretty much telling us, his (her) opinion matters more than anyone others, and his opinion should be taken as gospel. He stated that several times.

Personally, I have not watched 5 minute of film on Wilson, I have no idea what he will be, as most players this year unless they were Penn State or Justin Fields or Trevor Lawerence. That was what struck me most about the original opinion. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Just in case you guys don’t want to read the whole post from the OP. I’ll recap it. 

Wilson is a “Bum” because...

1) He had a lot of time in the pocket 

2) He has a very good arm and Josh Rosen also had a good arm

That’s the crux of the Wilson sucks crew argument.  

You forgot 

#3) I don't like his incessant cheerleaders

And

#4) I don't like his stupid face

I'm firmly in both of those camps

#5 could be he played against a bunch of modified and highschool JV football teams while in college.... But I'll stick with #3 and #4 for now.

In all seriousness if we take his silly prepubescent *** hopefully he's good and it  works like all the cheerleaders think it will.

Or it doesn't and that will be funny as well.

the big game football GIF by Disney

something level GIF

Very quick release

Very strong arm

Incredibly accurate (tons of tight window throws)

Did not turn the ball over (two interceptions not counting a halftime hail mary)

Very mobile

Very good at improvisation like a point guard playing QB with good court awareness

Yes, he sounds like a total bum like you know, Rocky Marciano (who did HE fight?)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets brass blew it *TOTALLY* when they were coerced into going on a two game winning streak, thus ending their possession of Trevor Lawrence.

Fields and Wilson are busts waiting to happen.  Watson would be an expense that didn't need to be taken on had they maintained their hold on the first overall pick. 

As usual, the Jets brass do what they have to in order to ensure the Jets remain a laughing stock and a defective product in general.

Bottom line and summary.  It was all there for the taking, and they found a way to screw up in epic fashion. 

Joe Douglas does not matter.  Saleh does not matter.  What they do with their "consolation prize" second overall draft pick does not matter.

Same Owner = Same Garbage Organization With The Same Garbage Results.  

Now this.... This.... This is a good Jetsy Jets Fan Post. 

Work Of Art GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

Now focus on enjoying the garbage and rolling around in it like a pig in ****.

That's what I've been doing and it's great.

Charlie Day Ok GIF

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

ahh yes, telling information that should be on most professional scouting reports. 

I know right how are they missing this stuff.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

Seriously though every time I see his face I puke in my lap .... It's gonna be a problem on Sundays.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It should be either Watson or Darnold.  We shouldn't be dicking around with the leftovers from the lost Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Too many questions and concerns about Zach Wilson.  One year wonder, injury history, every highlight video shows the same 4 throws being completed against scrub teams, etc.  This would seem like an Akili Smith type pick.

Go all-in for Watson or keep Darnold and "monetize" the #2 pick in a trade-down to accumulate a boatload of solid players.

This sounds fine until Watson ends up a Dolphin. The Belicheck gets a young QB and turns him into a good game manager. Bills have Josh Allen.  We march San Darnold out again! Nothing new just SOJ. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I am perplexed as to how Fields was the 1b to Lawrence’s 1a for the better part of two seasons, and somehow a two game slump bumps him down to the consensus third QB in the class behind Wilson. This after the best game (vs. Clemson) I’ve ever seen a college QB play. Fields is my slam dunk pick at 2. 

Beats the sh!t out of me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

You watched JUST the pass plays... and you're telling ME that I am not looking at the whole picture. Not sure if you're being serious or not here.

Everything I mentioned matters in an evaluation of a successful player, especially a QB. I flat out said he had a mediocre game, it's the intangible aspects that you need to watch happen and take the whole thing into context along with the play. 

That is something you have not done since you quickly YouTubed just his passing plays. 

Did you want him to watch the snaps were Wilson hands off to the running back? What the hell would that tell him?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Jets fans have quickly pivoted from thinking that Lawrence is the savior, to then missing out on him and trying to convince themselves that there are no less than 3-4 other “franchise” QB’s in this class.

Are you you trying to say that we're not choosing between superstar franchise QBs as we simultaneously trade the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL for a 1st round pick?  

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

You can tell that from all the awesome picks and signings he's made so far, eh?

You're a better man than I then, because so far, Douglas looks quite like a mixed bag, with most of his picks (so far) being disappointing or underperforming.

The wildcard is Saleh and his coaches.  If THEY get a hardon for Wilson, Wilson will be the pick, be assured.

I just think with him being a former lineman who has said how much he values the oline and dline that he wont waste a #2 pick on a qb who only really looked good for 1 year vs suspect opponents. I could be wrong, but it's just a hunch. Plus I like to be optimistic. I know it's hard as a lifelong jets fan....

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

It's not 1 game his sophomore season, the entire season was pretty mediocre. He had 12tds and 9 INTs the entire season. 

Again, the silliness of this point.

He sucks because he was better his junior year than he was in his sophomore year.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Did you want him to watch the snaps were Wilson hands off to the running back? What the hell would that tell him?

Yes. You cannot remotely understand the flow or stakes of the game from watching 10 second clips at a time. To say otherwise is foolish. 

That thought process is the definition of...

download.jpeg.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

There are plenty of posts about Wilson that I fully understand even if I don't agree.  

I have no problem with the people being simply concerned with his level of competition and/or his size.  Those are reasonable concerns - but at the same time recognizing his skill.

It's the He Sucks or in the case He's a Bum...and the only reason he sucks is because his OL was good (Have you watched TL or JF time they have in the pocket?).  Or he sucks because Mitch Trubisky sucked - or he throws a tight spiral like Rosen did - so he must be a bum.  I'm not even going to even get into all the other nonsense.

He's a very talented kid and anyone that watched him play can't possibly truthfully disagree with that - have legitimate concerns - but accept he's also a legitimate prospect.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The Jets brass blew it *TOTALLY* when they were coerced into going on a two game winning streak, thus ending their possession of Trevor Lawrence.

So you're one of those guys that believes this? 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Maybe another way to look at it is how would've Wilson played if he were the QB for Clemson, Ohio State or Alabama?  And think about Trevor, Fields and Mac on other teams.  Would the rankings still be the same?

This is a great point and a worthy discussion.

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again, the silliness of this point.

He sucks because he was better his junior year than he was in his sophomore year.

This is like watching Sofie's choice and telling someone it's a movie about a woman who sends her son to a labor camp

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Maybe another way to look at it is how would've Wilson played if he were the QB for Clemson, Ohio State or Alabama?  And think about Trevor, Fields and Mac on other teams.  Would the rankings still be the same?

How about we look at it in the way that really matters. How would Wilson have performed on the Jets last year? Better than Darnold? Because that's what matters......

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

How about we look at it in the way that really matters. How would Wilson have performed on the Jets last year? Better than Darnold? Because that's what matters......

Darnold has been in the league three years.  With that said, Wilson would have likely been better.

I think Sam regressed.  He was a better QB his rookie year than he was last season.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Officially reached the point where I'm rooting for Wilson to be the pick purely out of spite

Funny, I've officially reached the point where I want Miami to get Watson, the Jets to draft Wilson who busts out of the league because duh and then the Pats draft Fields who wins OROY and looks better than Lawrence so then we have Watson, Allen, Fields in the division for the next 15 years!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1