Zach Wilson is a Bum!

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's where it's gone with the Wilson hate at this point.

You're down to not believing facts as a last hope.

Seriously, I have no idea who Christian Williams is - Don't know if it's true, but watching Fields and Wilson and it seems about right.  They both get a ton of time.

There's no wilson hate. It's wilson privilege.

This dude with garbage performances vs power 5 teams has failed his way up to two based on his headband. We don't have workout numbers, nothing has changed since January. It's a hype machine. He's being overrated, if anything. Hopefully this all is 4d chess for Douglas to trade down. Prediction if the Jets draft Zach wilson he won't make it through 16 games. He will be on the IR. Just like how burrow was murdered by chase young. This team cannot develop any young qb at the moment. But they are ready to ruin another one. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This dude with garbage performances vs power 5 teams has failed his way up to two based on his headband. We don't have workout numbers, nothing has changed since January. It's a hype machine. He's being overrated, if anything. Hopefully this all is 4d chess for Douglas to trade down. Prediction if the Jets draft Zach wilson he won't make it through 16 games. He will be on the IR. Just like how burrow was murdered by chase young. This team cannot develop any young qb at the moment. But they are ready to ruin another one. 

I'm not going to debate the same points with you over and over again...

But I recommend starting to get used to it because in all likelihood Zach Wilson is going to be the pick at 2 and the next NYJ QB.

Hope you can get on board.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not going to debate the same points with you over and over again...

But I recommend starting to get used to it because in all likelihood Zach Wilson is going to be the pick at 2 and the next NYJ QB.

Hope you can get on board.

This team lost 14 games last year 

This is me on board. 

Hope for the best expect the worst 

At least James Morgan might get some reps 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I feel it's just as risky to draft a QB that had an all pro 5 star lineup in side side throughout his college days and still had bad days.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Both wilson and fields had top 5 cfb lines. The difference is that fields has played real competition and succeeded. Wilson looked terrible vs Power 5 schools 

On 3/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, Snell41 said:

All these comparisons to Mahomes with less of an arm. Mahomes is the only dude on the planet that can play like Mahomes specifically because of his arm. He has a cannon. He can throw a ball on a frozen rope from any arm angle. Without his arm strength to fire a ball into tight spaces he’s just throwing picks all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly. It's describing a pitcher as "Nolan Ryan without the fastball"

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Both wilson and fields had top 5 cfb lines. The difference is that fields has played real competition and succeeded. Wilson looked terrible vs Power 5 schools 

This image should really be the end of this conversation. 1634335942_ScreenShot2021-03-06at7_38_40AM.thumb.png.bc6ce2682732cc759d559a92827131bd.png

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

Where do you rate Mr Lance ? Because he is if far behind Wilson and suffers from the same lack of competition imho.

Edited by Dunnie

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

This image should really be the end of this conversation. 1634335942_ScreenShot2021-03-06at7_38_40AM.thumb.png.bc6ce2682732cc759d559a92827131bd.png

Yeah, let's discount the very last thing he did and count what he did as a freshman and with no practice and an injury in his sophomore season and call it a day.

We should send this to Chris Simms, he can change his mind about the kid then because this clearly tells the story, as you have pointed out. He can also go back and change his mind about Pat Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Josh Allen..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Get this objective analysis out of here. You’re ignoring his “command” and “intangibles”.

Put Justin Fields on that byu team competing against Wilson. Would the coach pick Fields  or Wilson? I think it would be Fields. Also what objective reason is there to pick Wilson over Fields. I can’t see one. 

On 3/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, bitonti said:

Wilson behind a crappy OL throwing to Braxton Berrios and Chris Herndon

By week 6 Jets fans will be cheering his injury

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, TheMo said:

Get this objective analysis out of here. You’re ignoring his “command” and “intangibles”.

Put Justin Fields on that byu team competing against Wilson. Would the coach pick Fields  or Wilson? I think it would be Fields. Also what objective reason is there to pick Wilson over Fields. I can’t see one. 

Fields did really well against those powerhouses Northwestern and Indiana?

• Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Some good things about Wilson :  

Absolute command of his offense ... there is zero hesitation. 

He makes impossible throws look easy.

Facing DBs that can’t cover most of the posters on this messageboard

On 3/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, GreekJet said:

Josh Rosen and Mitchell Trubisky have nothing to do with Zach Wilson. 

Yes he has taken an abnormal path to becoming a top QB prospect, but that doesn’t mean he should be written off.

There is no such thing as a perfect prospect. Everybody you draft poses the risk of not working out-especially at QB. 

Which means I stand by my life-long assertion that eeny meeny miny moeing it OTB has more or less the same odds of paying off. And then of course there's always going with the screamingly obvious.

When it isn't screamingly obvious is when people act like they have the biggest dick in the room. Reality: micro-penis. I'll take Hoover Dam to show.

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Fields did really well against those powerhouses Northwestern and Indiana?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/fei/overalldef/2020

Not a great game against northwestern and made some boneheaded plays against indiana. But let’s not pretend they are early season fodder. Indiana #9 and northwestern #14 overall. They were also the #5 and #1 ranked defenses in NCAA. Again bad showing vs northwestern and an up/down v Indiana. Hardly something to say he’s the worst. Oh and then he absolutely destroyed the #3 defense in Clemson. 

On 3/5/2021 at 10:02 AM, bitonti said:

His headband and he wont last on the field.

Real QB talk here

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

Not a great game against northwestern and made some boneheaded plays against indiana. But let’s not pretend they are early season fodder. Indiana #9 and northwestern #14 overall. They were also the #5 and #1 ranked defenses in NCAA. Again bad showing vs northwestern and an up/down v Indiana. Hardly something to say he’s the worst. Oh and then he absolutely destroyed the #3 defense in Clemson. 

Don't discount the players and coaches that were out due to Covid. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:39 AM, maury77 said:

Because we didnt know that he broke out last year?

Would you post those two seasons before Burrows 2019 year to prove he should be picked 1st?  Because he was god awful

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

Posting absolute numbers without any type of context, doesn't favour your perspective in any way. Using your logic you can say that Zach Wilson had an almost perfect game against the 3rd best defende in the NCAA.

38 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

Posting absolute numbers without any type of context, doesn't favour your perspective in any way. Using your logic you can say that Zach Wilson had an almost perfect game against the 3rd best defende in the NCAA.

Did Zach Wilson play Clemson last season? What game are you referencing? Also I specifically picked FO cause they don’t just use raw numbers. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we didnt know that he broke out last year?

Would you post those two seasons before Burrows 2019 year to prove he should be picked 1st?  Because he was god awful

His 2018 year while not amazing wasn’t terrible. 16TD-5INT. Additionally his competition was never really a question. If you put his record and stats against power 5 teams I imagine it might get pulled down a bit by his 2018 numbers but my bet would be that they are still awesome compared to Wilson’s. 

he basically didn’t play at OSU if that’s what your referencing.