Zach Wilson is a Bum!

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because we didnt know that he broke out last year?

Would you post those two seasons before Burrows 2019 year to prove he should be picked 1st?  Because he was god awful

I say this with all due respect but, the point isn't that he has bad in prior years, the point is that he has never played a well when given a chance against a power 5 school. It means he only has played well when playing against inferior competition. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

His 2018 year while not amazing wasn’t terrible. 16TD-5INT. Additionally his competition was never really a question. If you put his record and stats against power 5 teams I imagine it might get pulled down a bit by his 2018 numbers but my bet would be that they are still awesome compared to Wilson’s. 

he basically didn’t play at OSU if that’s what your referencing. 

I agree but he was not a QB anyone was talking about, wasnt a standout in any way his first two years.    He couldn't get playing time at OSU and had to transfer to LSU to get some.  He had that 16-5 TD-INT but only 2800 yards.  He exploded on the scene his last year at LSU, 5800 yards etc.  

58 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I say this with all due respect but, the point isn't that he has bad in prior years, the point is that he has never played a well when given a chance against a power 5 school. It means he only has played well when playing against inferior competition. 

Same here but it shouldnt be shocking that a QB playing at a BYU team with the talent level that goes with that gets bounced around by power 5 schools and struggles as he team struggles.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Same here but it shouldnt be shocking that a QB playing at a BYU team with the talent level that goes with that gets bounced around by power 5 schools and struggles as he team struggles.

I understand that from a win/loss perspective (those teams should beat BYU), but I don't think he should necessarily get a pass for that. Regardless of the competition, he should still be expected to make proper reads, accurate throws, good decisions against a pass rush, etc. He didn't. Watch the following film against Washington and Utah. He looks overmatched at times. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach wilson looks like a high school qb 

He does not look like an NFL qb who throws an NFL football and takes nfl hits 

His uncle owns Jet blue. A couple of concussions and he will retire because he doesn't need this 

Joe Pendleton was loaded and bought the Rams so he could play QB.  

• Haha 2

Just now, bitonti said:

His uncle owns Jet blue. A couple of concussions and he will retire because he doesn't need this 

He throws darts, have no idea what QB you're watching.  He has a great arm and a great release.

You need to come up with actual limitations to his game instead of crap about his headband, one stupid picture, Jet Blue or that you think he'll get hurt.  Oh yeah and he'll retire because an Uncle started JetBlue and will just give one of his numerous nephews a cushy, big paying job.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He throws darts, have no idea what QB you're watching.  He has a great arm and a great release.

You need to come up with actual limitations to his game instead of crap about his headband, one stupid picture, Jet Blue or that you think he'll get hurt.  Oh yeah and he'll retire because an Uncle started JetBlue and will just give one of his numerous nephews a cushy, big paying job.  

He doesn't throw heat with the cfb ball. He's got below average arm strength his balls flutter. That's not even a pro ball. He does not have a Josh Allen arm he's more like a rich Chad 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He doesn't throw heat with the cfb ball. He's got below average arm strength his balls flutter. That's not even a pro ball. He does not have a Josh Allen arm he's more like a rich Chad 

At pro days, do they throw with a college ball or an NFL ball?

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He doesnt throw heat?  Again, which QB have you been watching?  

You dont have a clue, seriously, just throwing shlt out there for what reason, who the F knows.  Not having Allens arm is the dumbest reason in the world to criticize a QB.  No one has his arm.  

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He doesnt throw heat?  Again, which QB have you been watching?  

You dont have a clue, seriously, just throwing shlt out there for what reason, who the F knows.  Not having Allens arm is the dumbest reason in the world to criticize a QB.  No one has his arm.  

The onus is on you to prove his arm is strong not on me to prove its not. Every deep ball ive seen he's got like a running start from a clean pocket. 

Fields flicks it 70 yards. Trevor 66. Zach wilson longest throw is around 60. He's got an average arm at best. 

10 hours ago, maury77 said:

This is just not true and another JN made up thing.

He has played well - as well as could be expected under the circumstances....His teams were simply outmanned.  I've challenged anyone to go and find video where he's missing open receivers, making dumb throws, fumbling the ball, staring down receivers, did his arm strength slow down? did his release speed lose its quickness, was he slower?.  He didn't just all of a sudden become a sh*tty QB....

I've been told, over and over again here, that stats don't matter..

I hear he only put up those good because his competition wasn't good - his team was better so it shouldn't matter how well he did....But when his team is fully outmanned then it's his fault.  It's just horrible logic only used to justify a previously staked out position.

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You were doing well and making fair arguments about your reasoning..You just clearly entered into troll territory with this one.

His arm strength and release speed aren't even a little bit of question mark...from anywhere!  You know that and you're better than that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The onus is on you to prove his arm is strong not on me to prove its not. Every deep ball ive seen he's got like a running start from a clean pocket. 

Fields flicks it 70 yards. Trevor 66. Zach wilson longest throw is around 60. He's got an average arm at best. 

I can’t tell if you’re being serious or trolling 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Another piece of nonsense.  The onus is on me?  Every piece of video proves you are watching the wrong kid.  

Zack Wilsons longest throw is around 60 yards you say? Trevor 66?  Thats your idea of arm strength? Really?  LOL, thats funny.  And would be the last thing a team would care about.  My QB completing 60 yard bombs, probably all TDs, we see what 3-5 a game?  Would have been more relevant to us if they were 66 yarders.  LOL.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

I can’t tell if you’re being serious 

They measured the QBs longest throws on tape and fields 70 yards had the strongest arm. That bomb vs Clemson. Trevor was 2nd at 66. Mac Jones was 62 and Wilson was 60 yards in the air 

He's got like a Watson arm if you want to be complimentary. He does not spin it or throw fastballs 

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another piece of nonsense.  The onus is on me?  Every piece of video proves you are watching the wrong kid.  

Zack Wilsons longest throw is around 60 yards you say? Trevor 66?  Thats your idea of arm strength? Really?  LOL, thats funny.  And would be the last thing a team would care about.  My QB completing 60 yard bombs, probably all TDs, we see what 3-5 a game?  Would have been more relevant to us if they were 66 yarders.  LOL.  

60 yarders with the NFL football become 50 yarders. Another visit to James Andrew he's Chadwick throwing soup 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Here is PFFs draft scout going through each prospects longest throw. Wilson’s is the furthest at 64 yards. Not on a straight line - so at minimum we’re looking at 66 yards. Not to say the other guys can’t do that or more - but the argument that Wilson doesn’t have the requisite arm strength doesn’t hold water. 

Also while your points about his frame are valid from a longevity perspective, from an arm strength perspective it works the other way. Wilson should be able to tack on at minimum 10-15 lbs of muscle over the course of his NFL career as opposed to his playing weight at BYU. Not sure you can project that for Fields. That should only help his arm strength. 

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I understand that from a win/loss perspective (those teams should beat BYU), but I don't think he should necessarily get a pass for that. Regardless of the competition, he should still be expected to make proper reads, accurate throws, good decisions against a pass rush, etc. He didn't. Watch the following film against Washington and Utah. He looks overmatched at times. 

I can honestly say I have NO idea what you're watching here.  I just watched the Washington game from his Sophomore that you posted and he looks as good as can possibly be expected under the circumstance.  In fact I'll go as far as to say - I like him even better as a prospect after watching this game.

If guys weren't open he made a quick reads and threw the ball away, didn't force anything that wasn't there...just overall played a smart game.

57 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@FidelioJet here you go. No 50/50 balls down the sideline to Romney and Milne because the CBs are more talented. Hesitating on throws outside the pocket because he doesn't see people wide open (which is what's going to happen in the NFL). No unbelievable scrambles for big gains because he is facing better athletes. These problems are all going to get MUCH worse in the NFL when the game gets even faster. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

60 yarders with the NFL football become 50 yarders. Another visit to James Andrew he's Chadwick throwing soup 

The trajectory by which they throw those deep balls is the most critical aspect.   A lot of guys can throw it 60 plus yards in the air, but if they have to put too much air under it, it becomes useless in the NFL because defenders close on the ball.  Wilson’s deep balls tend to be more lofted.   

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Stop.   They not losing 10 yards on an inch of circumference...It's not like the ball in any heavier.

You really are reaching deep into the troll bag today.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I can honestly say I have NO idea what you're watching here.  I just watched the Washington game from his Sophomore that you posted and he looks as good as can possibly be expected under the circumstance.  In fact I'll go as far as to say - I like him even better as a prospect after watching this game.

If guys weren't open he made a quick reads and threw the ball away, didn't force anything that wasn't there...just overall played a smart game.

Dude, just don't even respond to me anymore. You are going to make excuses no matter what. He almost throws 5 picks in that Washington game and you like him even better. I'll save you time, nothing I ever post will change your mind because you have dug in your heels. Best of luck in life. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop.   They not losing 10 yards on an inch of circumference...It's not like the ball in any heavier.

You really are reaching deep into the troll bag today.

The sky is yellow. You literally have never thrown a ball if you believe what you have posted. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Many will hate this but it’s a great point 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Here is PFFs draft scout going through each prospects longest throw. Wilson’s is the furthest at 64 yards. Not on a straight line - so at minimum we’re looking at 66 yards. Not to say the other guys can’t do that or more - but the argument that Wilson doesn’t have the requisite arm strength doesn’t hold water. 

Also while your points about his frame are valid from a longevity perspective, from an arm strength perspective it works the other way. Wilson should be able to tack on at minimum 10-15 lbs of muscle over the course of his NFL career as opposed to his playing weight at BYU. Not sure you can project that for Fields. That should only help his arm strength. 

Thanks for the fact check. I still see a difference between fields just throwing it out there and Wilson taking 4 little hops and running into the throw 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

@FidelioJet here you go. No 50/50 balls down the sideline to Romney and Milne because the CBs are more talented. Hesitating on throws outside the pocket because he doesn't see people wide open (which is what's going to happen in the NFL). No unbelievable scrambles for big gains because he is facing better athletes. These problems are all going to get MUCH worse in the NFL when the game gets even faster. 

That's it, you're trying to prove a negative here.

I'm asking to see something he did that was bad.  You're pointing out that he couldn't do the things that were there against weaker competition.  And that is exactly the point.  There wasn't anything there.  

I think what you're saying is he's supposed to throw the ball to fully covered guys because that's what he did when his guy were open?

Taking advantage of weaker competition isn't a bad thing - that's the job.

Not throwing away the game against better competition is a good thing. 

With all of that said,  I'll reiterate....You're not drafting his college competition, you're not drafting his college stats, you're not drafting his college win/loss record.

Your drafting his skill-set, his talent, his arm strength, his quick release, his anticipation, his accuracy etc...