Saleh Having a Press Conference Tomorrow AT 12:15

The number 1 priority of this press conference is to be completely vague and intentionally lead everyone to believe our options are open with the number 2. 

Teams need to think that we could take a QB with it to leverage the max trade value of the pick, and they need to think that all the way until we are on the clock, to get teams to get into a bidding war far it. 

If we actually accept a crazy offer is another story. But I guarantee there will be no trade of that pick until we are on the clock, unless it's a mega trade for Watson, even then I doubt it. 

• Upvote 3

They always do one around now. It's the post combine press conference. Guess they decided to do it anyway. There will be exactly ZERO insight provided.

If I was handicapping the QB race I would say it is this:

1 JD- Justin Fields, Zack Wilson, trade down

2. Saleh Wilson, trade down, Fields

3. LaFleur same as Saleh

4. Woody Watson 

The problem with these press conferences aren't the answers Douglas/Saleh
give its the stupid questions.  For instance its moronic to ask about the
QB position, as we know from @football guy & @Mogglez they're evaluating 
Wilson/Fields/Lance and determining whether to stick with Darnold or go 
the rookie route.  Some good questions would be:

- With the defense moving to a 4-3, how much revamping of the LB corps
do you anticipate?

- Is Mosley committed to playing this year and does he fit the 4-3?

- Hewitt is a free agent and has been a productive 3-4 ILB, does he fit as
4-3 OLB? 

- At the DE spot what are your thoughts on Jabari Zuniga & Bryce Huff?

- On the back end you're moving more to cover 3, what are you looking for
in CB's?  And do you have enough at the spot?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Matt nagy just had this yesterday and said absolutely nothing.

The bald beast will do the same tomorrow.  Standard pre free agency press conference that will reveal nothing.

Maybe announcing the feel good notion of allowing a certain number fans back in the stadium?

JD:  Good afternoon and welcome to our predraft, and FA press conference. Robert Saleh and I would just like to go over a few things and then we'll open it up for questions:

JD:  So getting started, I just wanted to let everyone know that today I will be having a Turkey and Swiss sandwich and my usual Pepsi for lunch. With that I'll turn it over to Robert for his comments:

Saleh:  Thanks JD, I really think you could use a salad, but anyway here goes.  I am going to be enjoying a nice bowl of lamb stew my wife made, and a side of cucumber salad. JD you should try this...

JD:  Thanks Robert, now we'll turn it over to questions...  Oh one more before I start, Why is JetsNation filled with such HATERS

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

The number 1 priority of this press conference is to be completely vague and intentionally lead everyone to believe our options are open with the number 2. 

Teams need to think that we could take a QB with it to leverage the max trade value of the pick, and they need to think that all the way until we are on the clock, to get teams to get into a bidding war far it. 

If we actually accept a crazy offer is another story. But I guarantee there will be no trade of that pick until we are on the clock, unless it's a mega trade for Watson, even then I doubt it. 

Jets are trading Sam.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

So tomorrow, By not coming out and saying that after careful deliberation, analysis, arguments, etc if management doesn’t say that Sam is our day 1 starter then it’ll be safe to conclude that he’s a goner.

i don't think thats true at all. if they do say it then they have just devalued the compensation they can get with the pick. if everyone knows they won't be taking a qb then they could shoot for the dolphins pick instead since there's not as much worry of a qb going at #2

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Jets are trading Sam.

Maybe they are. Doesnt change the tactics you use to drive up the value of the 2. A savvy poker face would wait until we are on the clock to see what the max offer for the pick would be, or how desperate the Texans are willing to get with Deshaun. 

If Sam is traded it will not be until after the number 2 pick is made. 

Trading Sam now OR trading the 2 now leaves return on the table. We are in 100% control of what we want to do with plenty of options open, and its JDs job to leverage suitors into desperation. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Why you say this ?????? ?

Just trolling. 

If Sam was traded, or Deshaun was imminent, do you really think two NFL teams would be able to keep a lid on that until the press conference to announce it? 

Theres a reason none of the beat reporters are talking about this press conference, because they know it's just run of the mill sh*t, but Jets fans gonna Jet.