Saleh Having a Press Conference Tomorrow AT 12:15

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pleased to announce that they worked out a deal with President Biden to send Woody back overseas.

Anyone who doesn’t think this is Deshaun Watson related is a ******* HATER

"We have to hit on our picks".....because the ones we have left over after trading for Watson will be VITAL.  That's how I read it at least. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, riggy001 said:

Unbelievable talent? Lmao.

Hes “viewed highly” around the league, teams should be kicking down our door now with late first round pick compensation. 

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Some vote of confidence 

My take is that JD is open to everything.  It all comes down to what he gets offered, or what he doesn't get offered.  He got a great offer for Jamal Adams, and he took it.  If he gets a great offer on Darnold, he will take it.  If he doesn't get a good offer, then who knows?  

We really don't know anything more than we did before, with the exception that he will take phone calls and offers on Darnold without hanging up the phone.  Nothing more than that.

• Upvote 4

Sounds like this press conference was done to:

1. Give the reporters an exclusive since it was a tough year covering the team

2. Get the Jets in the news to help the people selling tickets

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Alka said:

My take is that JD is open to everything.  It all comes down to what he gets offered, or what he doesn't get offered.  He got a great offer for Jamal Adams, and he took it.  If he gets a great offer on Darnold, he will take it.  If he doesn't get a good offer, then who knows?  

We really don't know anything more than we did before, with the exception that he will take phone calls and offers on Darnold without hanging up the phone.  Nothing more than that.

Ummm this same GM once said Darnold was “untouchable”. He’s gone 👍

• Upvote 1

"We will take calls on Sam."  Translation - he will be sent to whomever gives us the best offer

"We will build this through the draft."  Translation - winning games is not important this upcoming year. We are in month 2 of a complete rebuild.  We are positioning ourselves for long term success.  

Exactly what I have been saying for awhile.  Joe Douglas gets it and is the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time.  

4-12 with competitive, young hungry players and the arrow pointing up would be the best thing to happen this upcoming year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

"We will take calls on Sam."  Translation - he will be sent to whomever gives us the best offer

"We will build this through the draft."  Translation - winning games is not important this upcoming year. We are in month 2 of a complete rebuild.  We are positioning ourselves for long term success.  

Exactly what I have been saying for awhile.  Joe Douglas gets it and is the best thing to happen to this franchise in a long time.  

4-12 with competitive, young hungry players and the arrow pointing up would be the best thing to happen this upcoming year.

Low expectations?? We were 7-9 the year before with crap players..

17 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Idk what this means in the short term.

It means be prepared for a 4-12 season next year.  We are in month 2 of a complete rebuild.  We are building this the right way for the 1st time ever but it is going to take a few years.

• Post of the Week 1
3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Give me at least 7-9. And given how poorly coached the team was the past few years, I don't think this is out of the question. (We will have two wins in division for sure against the Cheats, and a split with the Phish.)

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I get the sense JD may trade out of #2 and still pick a QB in rd 1.  

Just what I was going to post.  So the question is, Mac Jones or Trey Lance?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Got a call this morning about tickets

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Just what I was going to post.  So the question is, Mac Jones or Trey Lance?

Get me Trey Lance. And then the big TE. THAT would be a nice first round.

• Post of the Week 1
12 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I get the sense JD may trade out of #2 and still pick a QB in rd 1.  

Actually wouldn't mind this. I don't think any of these guys are head and shoulders above the rest. Trade down, gain more picks, still take talented rookie while gaining more assets to build the team. Seems smart to me. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Since Eric Gelfand came on board the Jets don't live stream their GM press conferences unless it is required. Expect the video to be posted later.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Glad this was not televised. As predicted, waste of time.

As I posted earlier its about the questions.  The media always mails it in with

predictable/boring questions which generate talking point responses

• Post of the Week 1